Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 17 2013
By: TrashCrap Fender Bender 2536 posts

How to Keep This Community Alive

24 replies 283 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

I'm basically tired of seeing posts complaining about the community being dead. The posts aren't productive in the slightest since most of them aren't seriously looking for ways to help it. Instead, they are mostly troll posts where the original poster just points it out and decides that they are leaving or are disappointed in the developers.

Instead, to keep the community productive and alive, we need more threads like the following:

General/Character guides and Q/A,

Upcoming tournaments,

Now playing/challenges,

New bugs and how to reproduce them,

Fan-art, conributions, accomplishments, etc.

And no more of:

"This community/game is dead"

Memes

Troll posts that don't contribute anything, etc.

I don't want this community to just spiral into negativity, and I feel like there are enough people who are still serious about this game. Just because we aren't getting any more characters doesn't mean the game is less fun. Just because the online is buggy for some, doesn't mean we can't still organize tournaments. Let's try to stay positive and productive guys.

At the very least, we need to REPORT posts that don't contribute anything. Moderators are good about removing posts like this if they really don't belong. But above all, I feel like we all need to stop being so bitter. I know this game was a disappointment to many of you, but sticking around just to complain doesn't help any of us who still love this game and the community.

Message 1 of 25 (283 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: How to Keep This Community Alive

Jun 17, 2013
A major reason this forum is so bitter/dead is because PSAS is a dead-end game. Pretty much what you see is what you get. Possibly no major bug/glitch fixes, no new characters, and most effective, very low chances of a sequel. No amount of fan art, character guides or tournaments will change the fact that this is possibly a dead franchise. And with the amount of investment we put into this game, it's a big letdown and the forum's lack of activity is the manifestation of how we feel about it.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 25 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Just because the developers aren't putting in any more DLC, doesn't mean this game is dead. If it's so dead, why don't the people who think it's dead just leave quietly? Why do you have to convince me that the game isn't worth playing when it is to me? How is that not trolling?

Message 3 of 25 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jun 17, 2013
What?

How am I trying to convince you to stop playing this game when I still play it myself? That'd be hypocritical.

*sigh*

Read my post again. Slower this time if need be. If you still think I'm trolling then I can't help you understand what I was trying to say.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 25 (250 Views)
Survivor
2130 posts

Jun 17, 2013
What I want to know is why people are so focused on getting new characters. Mind you it would be refreshing to see some new characters in the game but that shouldn't make or break the game itself and by no means should it dictate whether people play the game or not. If we get then, nice, great. If we don't we don't. Simple as that and move on. For every 50 plus character request/moveset thread I see, there is correspondingly probably 1 balance thread.

Very little people are interested in sharing knowledge or techniques that are helpful to people having trouble dealing with certain games which should be a priority in the event that nothing else comes to balance the game. Instead, people can't stand one thing...they complain about it and not attempt to find alternatives. Even if we got some of those characters I'm bound to believe the community would be pretty much the same because everyone just has to have something, has hate something and most evidently, has to complain about something.
Message 5 of 25 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Jun 17, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:
What?

How am I trying to convince you to stop playing this game when I still play it myself? That'd be hypocritical.

*sigh*

Read my post again. Slower this time if need be. If you still think I'm trolling then I can't help you understand what I was trying to say.

My point was, if you think this game is dead, why are you still on the forums?

Hear me out: If you think it's dead but still contribute, then this thread was NOT FOR YOU. You probably would agree with my first post - I was only suggesting ways to prevent the community from dying (positive - not negative - contributions). If you think it's dead but only want to complain, then maybe it's you who needs to re-read my post a little slower.

Message 6 of 25 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:

Very little people are interested in sharing knowledge or techniques that are helpful to people having trouble dealing with certain games which should be a priority in the event that nothing else comes to balance the game. Instead, people can't stand one thing...they complain about it and not attempt to find alternatives.

This is one of my biggest gripes too. People are so high on themselves that new players are almost DETERRED from visiting these forums. How many do you think we scare away by OPENLY keeping techniques to ourselves when people ask? I have seen it a few times where people post that they found out how to do something, but wont share it because "they don't want everyone doing it". Or else reply to a thread that something is possible, but they wont tell you how to do it. That's a whack way to protect something that ensures there is only a bigger gap in ability between veterans and people trying to pick up this game. If we help each other out figure out new ways to play characters, the game will change constantly as people find out ways to deal with things. At the very least, it will be banned in tournaments if the collective community can't find an answer to something after too long.

Share your techniques instead of acting like a D list celebrity who wants everyone to remember their obscure career. This isn't directed towards anyone in particular btw.

Message 7 of 25 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jun 17, 2013
There's a reason your thread was dead before I contributed, Trash. I was trying to tell you that the letdown that this game was sees little room for hope for this game's future. Nobody wants to create character guides for not only a dead game but franchise. The developers can't even be bothered with this game, why should we? I'm all for positive notions but I'm almost certain you're wasting your time. Let's see how well this thread contributes to this community.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 25 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:
There's a reason your thread was dead before I contributed, Trash. I was trying to tell you that the letdown that this game was sees little room for hope for this game's future. Nobody wants to create character guides for not only a dead game but franchise. The developers can't even be bothered with this game, why should we? I'm all for positive notions but I'm almost certain you're wasting your time. Let's see how well this thread contributes to this community.

The thread I created contributes more than your posts in it. Your posts are what my thread was trying to avoid. So again, I ask, how is it not trolling if you do what someone points out is hurting a community?

Just because a thread doesn't get posts, doesn't mean it isn't contributing. Replies don't translate to good threads. I'd rather create 20 good posts that get no replies than create one cancerous post that gets 20.

Also, it's 4:30AM where I am. Most people are probably asleep. I don't have anything to do tomorrow so I stayed up late.

edit: don't get me wrong, I know you love this game and the community. But you aren't helping in this thread at all.

Message 9 of 25 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2130 posts

Jun 17, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

vizionary2012 wrote:

Very little people are interested in sharing knowledge or techniques that are helpful to people having trouble dealing with certain games which should be a priority in the event that nothing else comes to balance the game. Instead, people can't stand one thing...they complain about it and not attempt to find alternatives.

This is one of my biggest gripes too. People are so high on themselves that new players are almost DETERRED from visiting these forums. How many do you think we scare away by OPENLY keeping techniques to ourselves when people ask? I have seen it a few times where people post that they found out how to do something, but wont share it because "they don't want everyone doing it". Or else reply to a thread that something is possible, but they wont tell you how to do it. That's a whack way to protect something that ensures there is only a bigger gap in ability between veterans and people trying to pick up this game. If we help each other out figure out new ways to play characters, the game will change constantly as people find out ways to deal with things. At the very least, it will be banned in tournaments if the collective community can't find an answer to something after too long.

Share your techniques instead of acting like a D list celebrity who wants everyone to remember their obscure career. This isn't directed towards anyone in particular btw.

Such is the nature of some of these forums. No idea but I personally question someone's skill if they feel more secure keeping information to themself than share it. But meh, I just try to help as much people as possible. I'm currently updating the high level thread with matches and I'm thinking about starting a thread on how to punish popular confirms.

Message 10 of 25 (188 Views)
0 Likes