PlayStation MVP
6398 posts

Re: How to Keep This Community Alive

Jun 17, 2013
I think the difference between this and a smash 64 is that anyone still playing smash 64 is really hardcore about it and of course there would be actual discussion there.

In all honesty, if I actually wanted to talk about this game I would go to aylas place or hell, even gamefaqs. Maybe in a month or so all the trolls and whiners will leave and maybe there could actually be some good discussion here.
Message 21 of 25 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Anyone who seriously attempts to compare this game to smash needs to go and check their facts. Smash 64 game out on in, 1999. Smash Melee came out in 2001/2002 and ONLY had a booming scene by 2006. A whole 4 - 5 years after its release. As of 2008 The game sold 7 million copies. PlayStation All Stars dropped in on November 20th 2012 and has already sold 1 million copies in the span of of just over half a year. People need to realize that in a sense the game has to pay its dues so to speak, take a while to get an established fan base. For a game that came out last year November this game did well and there is strong evidence to suggest that with proper support and balancing issues this game or a sequel would do well either on this system or ported over to the PS4.

If balance patches were done like clockwork (no pun intended) and ever month or two new characters were released for the first 4 - 5 months this game would have been very successful and even then. Regardless of the DLC i genuinely feel that this game would do very well. People need to realize just how much they are wrong when they compare smash and all stars, how can one reasonably expect a franchise with over a decade's worth of time to garner a strong fan base to compare to one just over a year old.

To draw things even more into perspective at EVO Brawl isn't even present. THAT is how slow the fan base is taking to accept new things. Melee took the spot easily ahead of most everything else while Brawl wasn't even in the running. Several members of the smash community straight up disown Brawl and stick to melee. Had I any contact with the developers and or support of this game I would draw up some kind of document attempting to at least demonstrate the drawbacks they had, where they went wrong and how to make a sequel or even this game more successful in the future.
Message 22 of 25 (85 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9257 posts

Jun 17, 2013
I say the exact same thing about comparing All-Stars and Smash, Viz.

It isn't a fair comparison at all.
 photo 8E30DB57-F6ED-4A1B-947E-513276B477EE_zpse5jbdufp.jpg
Message 23 of 25 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I'm not sure if the above posts were directed towards me for comparing this community to the SSB64 community, but I wasn't trying to imply that PSAS could be just as competitive. I was saying as a community, we can be more productive. My bottom line is that if everyone complains that this community is dead, the community will die. If we can all agree that we need to do something to prevent the community from dying, then we should do that. I'm sure none of us think complaining about how dead this community is will bring it back to life.

Message 24 of 25 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2132 posts

Jun 18, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

I'm not sure if the above posts were directed towards me for comparing this community to the SSB64 community, but I wasn't trying to imply that PSAS could be just as competitive. I was saying as a community, we can be more productive. My bottom line is that if everyone complains that this community is dead, the community will die. If we can all agree that we need to do something to prevent the community from dying, then we should do that. I'm sure none of us think complaining about how dead this community is will bring it back to life.

Oh no I wasn't referring to your posts, I just meant in general. It wasn't directed at you, I agree with everything else. 

Message 25 of 25 (66 Views)
0 Likes