bluedeepdive is hands down, the best Kratos Player I have seen SO FAR
Message 11 of 58 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: I consider this Spamming

Apr 11, 2013
@BurningHawks
Now I am quite sure I didn't say that. You did admit that it wasn't the most logical of reasons, but it was your definition of it (didn't hear me complain about it or forcing my view on you).

Anyways, yeah, I made a thread that's probably 3 - 5 pages back by now on defining spam. Everyone has been saying spam this spam that for various reasons, so I thought to find its meaning for PSABR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To fight with Honor, Courage, and Integrity. That is the way of the Warrior

Help support Fighting game reps for PSABR here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Fighting-game-reps-for-PSASBR/td-p/39975559
Message 12 of 58 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Apr 11, 2013
I wasn't talking about you Kusanag, you respected my opinion Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 58 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Apr 11, 2013

onecrzymffin wrote:
@beigemage

Oh god... Sweet Tooth Players and their shotgun and mine combos... And god forbid you get out of it, ragequit.

Hey don't talk about my shotgun that way! Shelly's just a lil hostile towards strangers.

But the AP burst doesn't actually use the shotgun. However, I usually go for the shorter shot gun combo in FFA unless I'm sure no one's gonna come lvl1 me while I'm trudging though all my lumbering animations. Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@beigemage

I always get it the one when sweet tooth plants a mine while I lay down, I blow up, and get hit by the shotgun
Message 15 of 58 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 11, 2013

what character do you use and what combo you use with him/her?

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 16 of 58 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@jozai

Spike- combos I use-
• Sweep, triangle+down, 3 square combo or sqaure+up
• air circle+down behind my enemy, 3 square combo so they hit the bananas, circle+down again but throw bananas on people, up+square.
•circle+down monkey push, up+square
•air square+down, up+square
Those are a few

Cole- combos:
•circle+up, square+left/right, 2x square
•3x square for when they crumble, circle+up, square+down, electric grenade the opponent
•circle+left/right, 3x square (usually start other combos from them)
•triangle+up, triangle, if they wall bounce, triangle+up to juggle them, circle+up, air circle+left/right

Those are some, not giving all mine away.

Message 17 of 58 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@BurningHawks
Ah good, I was hoping I didn't leave a negative impression on ya. Also, its kusanagi; the 1 is meant to be an i, though you're not the first to think that, haha

@onecrzymffin
Back on that "defining spam" thread, I think Spy_08 put it best, in that the definition of spam is different for every character. So for the examples you gave, it in a way can be considered spam (though if it nets the most AP out of the others, then that's just using what works best).

I go with Sir Dan, Spike, Drake, Radec, and Sweet Tooth for kicks. For some of them, their combo ability isn't as high, so I have to use the same combo to net the most AP. However, I do switch up to fit the opponent's pattern, and sometimes for a bit of style
To fight with Honor, Courage, and Integrity. That is the way of the Warrior

Help support Fighting game reps for PSABR here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Fighting-game-reps-for-PSASBR/td-p/39975559
Message 18 of 58 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Here's why I believe there is no such thing as combo spam:

A combo is a series of attacks chained through different moves. Spamming is doing the same thing over, but a combo consists of different attacks. So the combo itself isn't spam.

And so what if they use the same combo? It's partially your fault for falling into the same combo. But not only that, some combos are just easier and safer to do. So obviously I'm going to go for the combo that's more practical for the situation.

I don't know why people think doing the same combos is a bad thing. I guess they would rather just have that person do one move over and over again.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 19 of 58 (168 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@kusangflam

Some combos gain a lot of AP depending on the characters. Raidens AP is devastating.

@nasrulez (I think I played you the other day)
I think it's worse than the same move because it's continually the same moves all being started by one. You have to dodge and jump over so much, you can rarely get hits in. With Sly, this is never a problem with me. I press neutral circle, and they do not stand a chance. I would MUCH rather be hit by the same 1 move each time, like Radec's sniper. Easy to dodge, allows you to jump over, if you're smart enough and you're behind, you can maybe get a kill. Spamming moves on me>Spamming combos on me
Message 20 of 58 (159 Views)
0 Likes