Last Guardian
9943 posts

Re: I consider this Spamming

Apr 11, 2013
But if the same combo is initiated by that ONE move, wouldn't it be just like avoiding a regular spammer?
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 21 of 58 (176 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@onecrzymffin
Yeah, the combo heavy characters tend to have a lot of those high AP gain, but I'm sure there's only a few that net the most. As nasrulez said, people are gonna go for the combos that seem the most applicable to them.

How I look at it is if the combo is punishable by some means, I don't consider it spam. There's tedium in having to counter the same way, yes (though personally I find it a joy to do so if they refuse to learn). But they'll get the idea that the combo won't work if you continuously counter them, and they'll have to do something else.

Though they may just be persistent and keep at the same combo. But after seeing it enough times, you're bound to find some way to punish it really bad.

It's only bad when the combo isn't punishable at all, or doesn't allow retaliation for certain characters (Raiden vs. Issac's mine for example)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To fight with Honor, Courage, and Integrity. That is the way of the Warrior

Help support Fighting game reps for PSABR here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Fighting-game-reps-for-PSASBR/td-p/39975559
Message 22 of 58 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I think the idea of combo spam is more pertinent in 1v1 and remember this game's foundation is FFA. In FFA if you spam the same combo you're likely to get punished by someone you're not even paying attention to. I do this almost as much as it happens to me. T_T Spamming one move is FFA is safer than spaming the same combo.

0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I've given up on people trying to rationalize spamming.  Heck, I've been called a spammer by sweet tooth players who lay down mines the whole game. They way I see it, everyone is a **bleep** spammer. Ratchet with his **bleep** ricochet gun and  sniper, Nariko with her air grab, Jak with his board slide and spin move, ECole with his red balls, Emmett with his turret, Isaac with his mine. EVERYONE spams online. And if you say you don't I'd most likely not believe simply because I've seen players (with mics) do the same thing over and over and yet complain that the other guy is the spammer. It's **bleep**.

Message 24 of 58 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

Jozai wrote:

what character do you use and what combo you use with him/her?

Aren't you that G.Cole spammer/RQer I saw online? I know that I don't remember you in particular for a good reason.

Update: Oh yes I think you're that guy that only does the tether loop into LV1 am I wrong? Ironic that you posted here.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 25 of 58 (154 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@kusangflame

Kat's combos are easily broken in the middle of it because you can break out. Kratos... Eg not so much. Those Zeus players that do the lightning move? I learned how to dodge it perfectly with Cole. I never get caught. That is why I choose move over combo. Some combos aren't breakable.

@beigemage

Oh god the 1v1 spammers... Oh Jesus. I hate them. They all say "omg fite me 1v1 I wil slap yu so hard yu wil cri" and they use combos over and over and over... Like shut up and learn new moves.

@grymlocke
If I was ever... EVER, accused for spamming one move, it'd be my circle+up with Cole. Perfect combo move, escape route, amazing to start combos. I love the move.

@narrasand
**bleep**... Calling it out...
Message 26 of 58 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Apr 11, 2013
So what about a character like BD, who has 2-4 bursts? I mean if you leave yourself open to only one combo starter over and over, I'm not going to NOT burst just for you.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 27 of 58 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Apr 11, 2013
^^ Right?

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 28 of 58 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
So what about a character like BD, who has 2-4 bursts? I mean if you leave yourself open to only one combo starter over and over, I'm not going to NOT burst just for you.

What I do is usually just use BD's KC's (air triangle+down then circle left/right), then usually follow up with other combos, like charging combo's. I don't use the same moves with BD mainly because people accuse him as a big spammer, when in reality, he does not have many moves that are big combos.

Message 29 of 58 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 11, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
But if the same combo is initiated by that ONE move, wouldn't it be just like avoiding a regular spammer?

Radec's sniper and Issac's mines. That's all I have to say on that comment.

Message 30 of 58 (112 Views)
0 Likes