Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Re: I hate Nathan Drake...

Jan 23, 2013

I hate myself for playing Drake because as much as I love Uncharted, I feel like such a cheap **bleep**.

It's part of the reason I don't play Sly. I've been playing Sly Cooper since the moment I could remember any details about my life, but it just doesn't feel right playing an OP character.

That, and when I try to switch from a regular character to Sly and vice versa, having/not having invisibility gets really weird.

Let's take a moment to consider my mistakes. Ah, who am I kidding? I didn't make any.
-The War Mage (Orcs Must Die!)
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 40 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2118 posts

Jan 23, 2013
well rage makes us irrational, I find half of the patches suggested while may be borne out of genuine concerns that the character is unbalanced ending sounding like " I will not be happy until this character is made in such a way that I don't have a problem beating him" type of thinking. Good concerns, but poor solutions king of mindset.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 40 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6829 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Jump barrel ak jump barrel ak "catch" BOOM......jump barrel ak jump barrel ak  "timber" .....all the drakes I've seen  none try to vary it up or do combos or even use square might as well take all the buttons off the controller except triangle and o 

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 40 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2118 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Most people I encounter using Raiden do the same thing with square, they do that slide thing, then square square square
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 40 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6829 posts

Jan 23, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
Most people I encounter using Raiden do the same thing with square, they do that slide thing, then square square square

They should just remove raiden from the game...... This is ridiculous

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 40 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2118 posts

Jan 23, 2013
It is pretty annoying, I keep getting a weird glitch whenever I freeze him with cole. If he does that slide thing and I freeze him...he gets frozen but its as if I still get knocked back from the sword. To be honest I have no idea why I am so drawn to cole, his level 1 glitches out so many times and players like raiden easily have the range on him since his bolts do nothing until around 5 or so of them hit. From what I've seen I wouldn't say Raiden is overpowered but he is one of the easiest characters to just pick up and use in my opinion. Between him and kratos, just pick one and mash square and you're good to go.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 40 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6829 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

He's not overpowered he's just easy to get kills if you know what to do which is s just simple forward square followed by r2........or replace square by circle more recently

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

If you ever play me (I am a dedicated Drake, mostly because from day 1 I liked the way he plays over others) you will not see very many barrels to ak. I much prefer barrel -> down square -> dropkick if the barrel was even to be used to combo at all. Gives the same or a tiny bit less ap as run n gun thing but takes 1/3 the time to execute. I pretty much avoid the run n gun as much as I can unless I want to execute a proper burst combo, I find it holds you in place too much and at Black Belt level someone will just super you or start combing you while you take a million years to recover from the rifle bash.

It is really annoying though that a purple belt Drake can beat me by abusing the same combo over and over. I am in FFA 99% of the time though so it doesn't help that 80% of the players get caught by that very easily countered combo and feed him AP and therefore kills.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 40 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6829 posts

Jan 23, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

If you ever play me (I am a dedicated Drake, mostly because from day 1 I liked the way he plays over others) you will not see very many barrels to ak. I much prefer barrel -> down square -> dropkick if the barrel was even to be used to combo at all. Gives the same or a tiny bit less ap as run n gun thing but takes 1/3 the time to execute. I pretty much avoid the run n gun as much as I can unless I want to execute a proper burst combo, I find it holds you in place too much and at Black Belt level someone will just super you or start combing you while you take a million years to recover from the rifle bash.

It is really annoying though that a purple belt Drake can beat me by abusing the same combo over and over. I am in FFA 99% of the time though so it doesn't help that 80% of the players get caught by that very easily countered combo and feed him AP and therefore kills.

Very true the whole post......

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 40 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2118 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Another thing I'm getting sick and tired of is Evil Cole's giga punch, I'm telling you that is perhaps the most annoying thing I have come across in a while. They should just make it flatten like what they did in the patch to Raiden.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 40 (105 Views)
0 Likes