Apr 28 2013
By: The_Afrokid Treasure Hunter 5750 posts

I lost my cool

11 replies 362 views Edited Apr 28, 2013
So today I was 1 v 1ing my friend, and he kept spamming Issac while I was using dante. I was not really caring. Then he started tea-bagging so I started to try. Okay so he mine camped, I couldn't get a lock on him because of the camping, so naturally the moment I finnaly get a lock on him (he killed me 5 times and I had one life left) I empty canceled him to death, he called me a cheap spammer. I lost my cool and got to my level 3 3 times in a game and one. I mean, how could he call ME A SPAMMER. I
Message 1 of 12 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Re: I lost my cool

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Most dante users are pathetic jerks

They think they are the best since they abuse the empty cancel.

Most  dante users I fought rage quit.

original.pngjak.png

Message 2 of 12 (341 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5750 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I'm not most. Sill admit I do that in 1 v 1 though. For practice
Message 3 of 12 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Yeah like right now with me Smiley Very Happy

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 4 of 12 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5750 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Most of the kills were fine. The last two were cheats but rest was good Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 12 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Again with the enpty canceling? If the person takes the time to learn it then let em use its not like he's hurting u physiclly let's see the complainers try and learn to empty cancel in 10 minutes its not easy -.-
Message 6 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Apr 28, 2013
It only took my about half an hour to be able to chain it 2-3 times. Its not skill, its muscle memory, once u have it u don't generally mess it up. Regardless it being hard doesn't justify its existence, why not just give all characters an instant 150 AP gain if they can press 6 buttons super fast. See how long it is until pros can all do it without fail.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 7 of 12 (227 Views)
Sackboy
543 posts

Apr 28, 2013
It took me awhile to understand the input properly. I usually mess up the cancel if I'm lazy.
 photo ak0mq_zpsbdfaa4d4.gif
Message 8 of 12 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Apr 28, 2013
We already had a topic on the empty cancel but instead of writing all I and others said I'll just quote Pheracus
Pheracus wrote:

Phew, a lot to reply to.  

As a Dante main who has never played any other character, yet knows the ins and outs of this game thoroughly, I'll try to shed some light on this debate.

I'll start by how the empty cancel works.  As someone stated before, Dante has the ability to cancel his square attacks into triangle attacks, and his triangle attacks into circle attacks at any point and time.  The empty cancel uses his up triangle guns to lift dante slightly off the ground, cancel those into a forward circle, and use his square attack to land on the ground again.  Dante needs to be very close to the ground for this to work.  As you all know, any attack that has a higher frame startup than the time it takes for that character to land on the ground, the attack animation will be cancelled.  This is what happens with Dante's square attack, the animation gets cancelled and Dante can take advantage of his opponents crumpled state.  This is not a glitch or an exploit.  It is clever use of the games mechanics.  Want to know what an exploit is? Isaacs mine being destroyed by most projectiles offline, yet it is indestructible online and players abuse this to camp their mines without punishment online.  That's an exploit.

As many people have stated, doing an empty cancel only loop is quite lame, and takes a very long time to accomplish.  It is easily interrupted if your partner or other opponents have eyes.  Although getting a ToD after the new buffs was a lucky stroke, Dante isn't hte only character to have one.  For example: a good Raiden player can land his ToD off of several openers if landed on a grounded opponent, as did Fat Princess pre patch, and now Good Cole post patch.

Complaining about him being able to use it as a hit confirm is ridiculous considering the number of characters who do the exact same thing.  Raiden can KC opponents out of the air.  So can Good Cole.  E. Cole's hit confirm with neutral circle is among the easiest and least time consuming KC's in the game, and it has armour properties.  There are so many characters who do what he does MUCH better and more efficiently that I do not understand why players complain about it.  Have you ever played a very good G.Cole player?  He can literally confirm off of anything, and just throw attacks out there without consequence until something hits, walk up to you and confirm, or confirm on reaction.  How many other characters can do this? Is this a broken mechanic? Or Kat being able to jab through any other characters attempted punish as she has 0 frames of startup.  Can anyone else do this? Or Zeus being able to roll infinitely with 1 frame of vulnerability, dodging most LVL 3 supers and preventing any character from catching a grounded hit against him.  Can anyone else do that?  There's a lot about this game that is unique.  Love it.  Learn to deal with it, and get better.

The EC is not an infinite.  An infinite would require that the combo meter is reset each time it loops, thus allowing the player to combo indefinitely to LVL 3 or whenever they choose to.  You are ejected at 130 AP with Dante, however, as his guns do not cause twitch response he can generate 10 more AP each cycle by skillfully incorporating his guns and timing the cancel to fit - this is EXTREMELY difficult to do (if you don't believe me, try it yourself).

Dante has a sincere advantage against characters that are equally grounded like Sir Dan (although his axe is a great tool to use to continuously interrupt his combos and leave him open on butt drop for a counter attack), or Radec, but against characters that are air happy (which is most of the cast), Dante has too few options.

Yes getting caught by Dante sucks. Learn to block as he cannot do anything at all if you don't get caught (can't KC off of a grab).  There are many more broken mechanics in this game that make matches frustrating and heavily one sided.  Dante's Empty cancel is legit, it requires hours of practice to consistently execute, especially under pressure, takes a very long time to "loop", and more often than not puts him in a compromised position.

I will give you an example of what high level play looks like with Dante versus an E. Cole who knows what he's doing.  Dante cannot control space the way that E. Cole does on his best day... yet I don't ask for his ability to do so to be removed from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMv5GH7aA8E

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 9 of 12 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 28, 2013

You know, I really dont see the problem with Isaac's mine turtle :s

Granted, I play Zeus- thus having an easy way to deal with it, but.. idk. I feel like maybe people havent thought how to deal with it thoroughly enough.

Message 10 of 12 (185 Views)
0 Likes