Splicer
47 posts

Re: I'm so sick of cheap level 1 setups

Dec 23, 2012

IMO, characters that can chain into their level 1, while still having a chance to miss or have their attack dodged are super fun to play. Sir Dan's level 1 is the only super I like using with him (His level 2 is meh and his 3 is garbage). I Main Sir.Dan because it's INSANELY fun to attempt to land a kill with his level 1. Nothing is more satisfying in this game for me than getting 3 kills in quick succession with his level 1. It's just so much fun I barely build meter with him anymore. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 33 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Although I personally hate lvl1 setups, they're not really all that cheap when most of the setups guarantee only one kill. Yeah, you can get one kill by setting up, say, Raiden's lvl1, OR you can take a risk with his lvl1 and get two to three kills or risk it and go for a lvl2 and get three or even four kills. One guaranteed kill is nothing to most characters when my Ratchet's getting double or triple kills every 45 seconds. Setting up Supers only becomes problematic in 1v1, and even then if you stay out of the combos you're fine.

I only use guaranteed lvl1 setups in really spammy ranked matches or when there's a player using setups that REALLY annoys me. Both are rare, because I don't play ranked much and I rarely get that annoyed. (Oh, and one thing about Ratchet's guaranteed Suck Cannon lvl1: It's not guaranteed. According to my friend, he was able to jump and do a dash-attack of some sort - a la Raiden's side-circle or perhaps Sly's teleport - to get out without getting killed. However, you need a dash of some sort for it to work, so it's not a guaranteed escape. It's something to try if you ever get stuck in the Suck Cannon, though.)
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 22 of 33 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 23, 2012

they wouldnt be cheap if anyone had them i main radec and  not having a lvl 1 confirm hurts him baldly when your oponent has it Smiley Frustrated

Message 23 of 33 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 23, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

they wouldnt be cheap if anyone had them i main radec and  not having a lvl 1 confirm hurts him baldly when your oponent has it Smiley Frustrated

Radec also has one of the best sets of Supers in the game.  His lvl1 is practically guaranteed if you lock onto the enemy in question (assuming they're not amazing at dodging).  It's even killed me through platforms quite a few times!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 24 of 33 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 23, 2012

So are we basically hating on the people who found out it was possible to setup supers? Honestly, I don't really care that they are here. I've seen 3 people, no joke, actually use them (none of my friends included). I've seen 1 FP do it, and 2 Raidens. Considering that, I could care less whether they stay or not. I do find some a bit cheap, and some are reasonable. Lets begin,

- Why the eff does Kratos even have setups? He is easily one of the only characters in the game that can earn a level 3 in one match casually.

- Raiden's setups are beyond cheap, and the fact he (like Kratos) can easily get higher level supers, it makes even less sense

- Nate's setups I remain neutral on. 

- Good Cole kinda could use the setup since he is kinda meh compared to Evil Cole (imo).

- Evil Cole honestly doesn't have much going for him with his other supers. Both his 2 and 3 are kinda situational and only work well when timed right and can be dodged easily on larger maps. But the fact his moves are superb and can easily earn him that level 1 is somewhat of an issue.

- Heihachi wears a diaper, therefore he can be as OP as he wants and still have my respect Smiley Tongue

- Jak's Mass Inverter into Level 1 rarely works, and I'm speaking from experience. Your better off just risking it.

- Dante's setups are fine with me.

- Anybody I didn't mention means I think they need their confirm or I don't know theirs.

There you have it. My somewhat biased opinion on kill confirms. I do use most of em myself if I suck with the character or am just average with them.

Message 25 of 33 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Dec 23, 2012
I use Fat Princess (maybe @RaiXku you are talking about me xD) , and she has that AMAZING combo into her lvl 1!!!
square -> lvl 1
yep , thats it lol. It's so cheap.. I hope it gets fixed at some point...

Raidens setups are just... I don't even wanna talk about it lol.
(Same goes for Kratos. These two characters are just ridiculous..)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 33 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

I completely agree. Every time I see a Raiden, Heihachi, or Evil Cole in the pre-match loading screen I already know that they're just going to do the same thing: one button then R2, rinse and repeat. Requires no skill or strategy; just a cheap way to get points.

It's like those people care more about winning than having fun.

I hope SuperBot gets rid of Lvl 1 hit confirms altogether. They're really breaking the game for me, almost to the point where I'd rather just not play it anymore (which sucks, since I really enjoyed the beta & was one of the first people on these forums supporting this game & defending it from haters).

Message 27 of 33 (116 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 23, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I completely agree. Every time I see a Raiden, Heihachi, or Evil Cole in the pre-match loading screen I already know that they're just going to do the same thing: one button then R2, rinse and repeat. Requires no skill or strategy; just a cheap way to get points.

It's like those people don't care about having fun; they only care about winning.

I hope SuperBot gets rid of Lvl 1 hit confirms altogether. They're really breaking the game for me, almost to the point where I'd rather just not play it anymore (which sucks, since I really enjoyed the beta & was one of the first people on these forums supporting this game & defending it from haters).

Well yeah the point is to win. Also I find it fun hitting folk with Sweet Tooths level 1, having them bonce off walls and hit other players.  People play how the hell they want to play. Who are you to say otherwise? Get good or get lost. Crying won't chance anything if you suck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 28 of 33 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Wow, calm down buddy. I want to win too but not if it means I won't be having fun, because that's the point of playing a video game.

And it's funny that you think hit confirms make you good. Because there's so much skill in pressing one button and then pressing R2...

Message 29 of 33 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 23, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Wow, calm down buddy. I want to win too but not if it means I won't be having fun, because that's the point of playing a video game.

And it's funny that you think hit confirms make you good. Because there's so much skill in pressing one button and then pressing R2...

As I said before I do have fun. Killing people in a game like this is fun. Also it does take some skill to have a player bounce of a wall to hit two others with sweet tooths level 1. I never said it makes me good but it can get me a win. Smiley Tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 30 of 33 (84 Views)
0 Likes