Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 27 2013
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

In hindsight, Smash Bros or Allstars?

44 replies 681 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Now that the game is out and you have played it alot, which would you have perfered?

A Carbon copy of smash bros with Playstation characters (hopefully with better balancing), with the tilt,smash, and special move system, with damage % and a "super move" of some sort somehow

Or the allstars we have now? :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 45 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Re: In hindsight, Smash Bros or Allstars?

Jan 27, 2013
Allstars

And the title pits a franchise against a single game.... Kinda bit unfair
Message 2 of 45 (676 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11560 posts

Jan 27, 2013
This one. Seeing as how Smash Bros. is the only fighting game I've ever played, Allstars pushed me out of my comfort zone, so to say, and showed me a whole other side of things.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 3 of 45 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
Allstars

And the title pits a franchise against a single game.... Kinda bit unfair

true buddy, but i was refering also to things like in smash bros there are no combos written in, they must ALL be made up and timed VERY well

Compared to allstars (usually) require more of a setup, and great combos can be useless if you suck at supers

Message 4 of 45 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

johngie wrote:
This one. Seeing as how Smash Bros. is the only fighting game I've ever played, Allstars pushed me out of my comfort zone, so to say, and showed me a whole other side of things.

cool man :smileyhappy: Personally im torn, i would have loved to see the characters movesets in the smash bros style :smileyhappy: but i love the "true to game" quality of the allstars movesets

Message 5 of 45 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 27, 2013
1st of all I would forever pick all stars because sackboys init

But I think all the characters in Allstars are really unique and come from a fantastic background/franchise and are done to there own game as closely as possible to how they actually play in there represented game. That alone makes the game extremely fun.

Unlike brawl, yes they have alot of characters spread along with there franchise but there are alot of characters that play so alike and have multiple characters reps from the same game e.i Pokemon

And I believe Allstars aims for the majority of the mature/adult group
Message 6 of 45 (648 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
1st of all I would forever pick all stars because sackboys init

But I think all the characters in Allstars are really unique and come from a fantastic background/franchise and are done to there own game as closely as possible to how they actually play in there represented game. That alone makes the game extremely fun.

Unlike brawl, yes they have alot of characters spread along with there franchise but there are alot of characters that play so alike and have multiple characters reps from the same game e.i Pokemon

And I believe Allstars aims for the majority of the mature/adult group

haha but im saying what if Allstars was made in the style of Smash bros? so sackboy would still be in it

Message 7 of 45 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I know it was kinda a joke but I prefer the super setup then the outta ring setup that ssb has
Message 8 of 45 (639 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
I know it was kinda a joke but I prefer the super setup then the outta ring setup that ssb has

oops sorry! forgive me?
Yeah man the out-ring setup can be even more frustrating that super wiffs :smileytongue:

Love that you backed up your oppinion

Message 9 of 45 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Cheers :smileyhappy: but the pure fact it is on ps3 and i can use a controller and its on a console i actually prefer and there's dlc already gets in my good books before i even bought the game lol

But i always thought that the ring out was so annoying and stupid, get hit by an item and before it explodes you could lose a life from it lol
Message 10 of 45 (628 Views)
0 Likes