Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Re: In hindsight, Smash Bros or Allstars?

Jan 27, 2013

both

Message 21 of 45 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I will always love SMB for the Nintendo 64,Gamecube,and for the Wii,and my love for it will always last,but I'm just going to have to go with All-Stars,more competitive and fun in my opinion.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 22 of 45 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I like both the super system and the ring outs, but this system wins it for me. I'm a huge playstation fanboy but I respect the heck out of Nintendo. Heck most of the games I like are called ripoffs (LBP, MNR, PSASBR)
Message 23 of 45 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Thoughts of a Nintendo fan here.

Melee>>>All-Stars>Smash 64>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brawl

Brawl sucks compared to the other three. It did have the best roster in the Smash franchise though.

Message 24 of 45 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Both Smash Bros and All-Stars are my favorite fighting games. Superbot did a really good job making a game just as good as Smash Bros.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 25 of 45 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Allstars. 

Smash really doesn't take much real skill. I've been to a few Smash tournaments and It was always against the same couple characters, this game...Pretty much any character can be devestating against anyone, and it takes more skill, getting the setups right, and taking risks on your supers.

#Reapers
Message 26 of 45 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Smash Bros for me - still love All Stars though & am always ready to defend it.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 45 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

Smash Bros is definitely the more balanced game, and it's also got far less flaws about it, but conceptually, I vastly prefer PSA. I like this game's style of play more than the one in Smash Bros. I'll always love Smash Bros, but this game has a certain style of play to it that is just more fun in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though. Smash Bros has a wonderful system, but I prefer PSA's combination of combos and super attacks better than Smash Bros' damage building and straightup kills. The concept of building up energy to take out opponents with super moves is much more fun for me than building damage and then going in to kill them with a strong enough attack. 

Edit: I was trying to think of the term 'ringout' but just couldn't. Anyway, what I was trying to say is that I like having to build energy and kill with super attacks opposed to just building upb damage and hoping my strikes can cause a ringout. Smash bros is fun, but that concept just isn't as exciting to me. 

Message 28 of 45 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Tough call. I enjoy both so much. However, I think the All-Stars system could become the clear choice if it is perfected. I like having combos and how All-Stars is closer to an actual fighting game than Smash Bros, but it retains the sheer fun and absolute insanity of Smash Bros very well. Obviously, balancing is an issue in both games. I think certain tweaks to the All-Stars formula would put it way over Smash. I think the super system should be kept. I enjoy it.
Message 29 of 45 (133 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 27, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
Tough call. I enjoy both so much. However, I think the All-Stars system could become the clear choice if it is perfected. I like having combos and how All-Stars is closer to an actual fighting game than Smash Bros, but it retains the sheer fun and absolute insanity of Smash Bros very well. Obviously, balancing is an issue in both games. I think certain tweaks to the All-Stars formula would put it way over Smash. I think the super system should be kept. I enjoy it.

I agree entirely. The combos and super system are what really makes me enjoy this game. With the proper fixes, this game could go so far. This concept is far better than damage building and ringouts to me, but the game is just filled with annoying glitches and flaws.

Message 30 of 45 (124 Views)
0 Likes