Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 29 2013
By: All_FAIL_royale Lombax Warrior 118 posts

Is this game worth the buy?

28 replies 404 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

When i first noticed this game existed(about a month ago)i was extremely excited a game with playstation's greatest hero's will come out.Then i took a look at the characters.I have to admit i am more disappointed than pleased and although there are some memorable characters fom my childhood like Sir Daniel and Parrapa  and some more recent i liked like Ratchet and Clank Jak and Daxter Sly Cooper and Kratos most characters are either a marketing trick(New Dante sucks,Raiden is lame Big Dady what the...)and some annoying characters like fat princess(THE HELL) and that random cartoony cat thing.If you compare this game with the first super smash bros the second one had much much more characters who were popular and beloved.Now that game took characters from their first games since they were all they had but this one had so much potential.3 generations of gaming machines have passed and the best lineup they could come up with is this?They really should have put more time in developing and finding a good lineup.I can't really complain about Cole and Nathan since they quickly became really popular and are both great.Now i really like the idea of using supers which have cool animations,especially the lvl 3 ones and stages are fun and inspired from games too.

Tl;dr  For a game that is supposed to celebrate Playstation with classic characters its representants aren't very outstanding featuring only a handfull of really popular old characters while the majority are desperation attempts to fill a roster(sweet tooth,radec,the newcomer emett graves) and marketing tricks(new dante raiden).So is the gameplay so good to forget that the game was about showing off playstation's REAL mascots?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Is this game worth the buy?

Jan 29, 2013
'All Fail Royale'...coincidence ? I think not.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (402 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 29, 2013
don't you dare call Sony's mascot in japan a "random cartoony cat thing."
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (401 Views)
Fender Bender
2535 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

How is Sweet Tooth a filler? He's classic. And getting all the Nintendo characters was easy since they owned the ones they used at the time. Not the case with PlayStation. That said, the mechanics are great and the gameplay is addictive.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Uhhh the name was last minute :smileytongue: i registered about 3 hours ago i think
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 29, 2013

And this is why i almost never get involved with online communities.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Troll
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (364 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

No its not worth the buy. Its to unbalanced, not so good of online, a roster that easily gets boring after 2 or 3 weeks(also this games community is very... hurtful... XD Maybe once more dlc and patches come out it will be much better. Until then i dont recommend it to anyone. And dont say none of that is true, because if it werent true there wouldnt be all these people saying it every day.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Isn't it the same people saying it everyday though ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

I think you'll find this game pretty rewarding. I mean If you're fimiliar with the characters, which it sounds like you are, then you will definitely get a kick out of seeing some of these characters battle it out. Even with out the nostalgia factor its actually a pretty fun game when it boils down to just it's mechanics.

Not for nothing but all of the characters on the list, with the exception of Big Daddy, have been on playstation for quite a while. So while Dante and Raiden have new games coming out and their incarnation in this game is the newer variety, their roots from the PS2 era can not be contested.

So in short, pick it up and try it out. You may even end up changing your forum username.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (344 Views)
0 Likes