Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Re: It's over. SSM doesn't care.

May 13, 2013
@wwinterj being honest is the best thing. You know its people like you who keeps pushing games to success due to the fact that you want more than that.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

May 13, 2013

Glidethefirst wrote:

The best case scenario... and this one only occurs when all of the moons align, is that at E3 they announce All-Stars v2. Fighting games really need full game updates. Look at the massive upgrades from MvC3 to UMvC3, Blazblue CT to BB CS, and SFIV to SSFIV. Someone like, say, Seth Killian, who knows the fighting game genre, may have suggested doing this since SSM was starting from scratch for the new characters anyways.  If they were working on a full disk update, it would obviously take a lot longer to have something ready to show to the world (which actually would fit the E3 window nicely.)

Oooh no sir. I'm going to have to disagree there. If they do that I won't ever support SSM ever again. UMvC's existance is the reason why me and a lot of others never moved over to the updated version. (Heck, it killed the Fighting game genre for me)
I woud not want to know what the worst scenario would be like.

Whatever reasons the internet hated this game for, will not be fixed by making it a yearly release.

I JUST payed for this game, it would be of really bad taste to bring in an updated version that, like I said, won't really deal with the issues many people had with this game in the beginning.

There'll still be no Crash/Spyro, it will still look like a SSB ripoff to the casual eyes (not me, if I even have to mention it), and it's not even for certain that they'll pprovide a better netcode. It'll still have a system based on Super-KOs and heck, new balance issues will arise, most likely.

For all we know, they'll just update more promotional characters, and all it a sequel.

I'm siding with patches.. I don't ever want them going the Capcom route. It literally makes me feel ashamed to be a gamer.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10371 posts

May 13, 2013

Remember back in the day when games were made just to have fun? :smileyvery-happy:

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
384 posts

May 13, 2013
We had how many years of gaming before DLC was a thing? Do you know how you really keep people's interest in a game?

Make a great game that's replayable.

It already helps that it's a multiplayer fighting game with online capabilities.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (109 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10371 posts

May 13, 2013

Reptile-Baraka wrote:
We had how many years of gaming before DLC was a thing? Do you know how you really keep people's interest in a game?

Make a great game that's replayable.

It already helps that it's a multiplayer fighting game with online capabilities.

Plus, this game is just as great offline as online.  :smileyvery-happy:

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (102 Views)
Survivor
2207 posts

May 13, 2013

So what if we're not getting anymore DLC? I'm fine with that. I mean, we got four characters, two stages, some costumes, and a bunch of minions. I think that's a pretty good amount. And I can understand if SSM is done with DLC for this game. The game did not sell very well at all, and its hated by almost everyone.

I'm not gonna stop playing this game anytime soon. I'm way too addicted to it at the moment. 

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1657 posts

May 13, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Then why don't they just make a sequel and drop support on this game altogether? I'm sure none of us would care if we knew a sequel was being made.

I'd prefer a sequel naturally and I really hope we see one but I've got a feeling this is a one off type of deal. I hate when game developers bring out a first game in a series and expect it to sell crap loads, then when it doesn't they run away rather than build on the game, release a sequel and make sure it's successful.

leostrike3 wrote:
@wwinterj being honest is the best thing. You know its people like you who keeps pushing games to success due to the fact that you want more than that.

I'm always honest. I may love something to death but I'll be vocal on things I'm not happy about. Constructive criticism is vital in any business and if we never strive to better ourselfs what hope do we have? Games are no different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (88 Views)