Do you mean 
Feb 26 2013
By: AngelGozen Lombax Warrior 197 posts
Accepted Solution

Journey (The Traveler) Character Complete

[ Edited ]
85 replies 2019 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

Journey Icon.jpg

I'm doing this to hopefully convince others that this can be done, i am hoping this could be a future character and i have prepared a full breakdown and the physics incorporated for the character.

Also all of this is changable (i'm not set in stone i just want this to be accepted and implemented, basically this is a suggestion/presentation in hopes of pushing for this character)

Credit to Cyborghippo for Oliver Rival

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Oliver-for-PSASBR-Moveset/td-p/3...

This is The Overall Moveset Broken down

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Incase you wonder why the numbers are a bit low, it's becuase i'm trying to keep the character balanced from the start and to incorporate him into the current tier list. Also he plays like a cross between Ratchet and Sly Cooper with a smidge of Parappa

Moveset:

Square: Cloth Fish Slap (summons a small cloth fish to hit the enemy)                (10 ap)

X3 = Cloth fish slap fest (includes a quick three hit combo) (Something like Nathan drakes 3 hits, final hit has a slight upward push)  (15 1st hit, 20 2nd hit, 25 3rd hit)                                                   (20 Ap Total combo)

Up Square: Cloth Swipe (summons a small cloth fish to hit the enemy upwards)  (15 ap)

(something like Sly Cooper's Upward hit without the downward spike)

Left and Right Square: Cloth Rush! (summons a medium sized cloth fish to slam the enemy)  (20 ap)

(An attack like sweet tooth's shoulder charge)

Down Square: Cloth Sweep (Summons a medium sized cloth fish Sweeps under the enemy)  (10 ap)

(A quick swipe that follows the concept of parappa's downkick, leaving the enemy slightly stunned and vulnerable to the Cloth fish slap fest combo, Cloth swipe Possibly Cloth Rush)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Triangle: Summons a Cloth swarm (a small swarm of tiny cloth scraps begin to float in the area where the character is, the swarm stays where it is placed like a placed mine) (Chip damage Total of 8 ap) (2 can be placed at a time, to be explained later)

(This move basically placed a visible "mine" that when other players walk into it, the fish latch on and hit the player 4 times ) (4 times, 2 ap per hit)

Up Triangle: Energize Resonance (All cloth swarms currently drop 8 ap) (8 ap 16 ap total with 2 swarms)

Left and Right Triangle: Sand Slide (Character slides on sand that spawns under their feet, minimal recoil) (10 ap)

(This move works similair to Toro's Fish ninja slide except it's not as heavy) (In the air the move slides downward diagonally similair to Raidens left and right triangle, except sand drops onto enemies below aswell. (10 ap)

Down Triangle: The Fallen Rise! (A Totem Marker Image shown later pushes up out of the ground and quickly dissolves) (10 ap)

(This move performs like Cole's ice barrier, It's a simple attack with no overall quirks or perks except for the small window that allows chain combos)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Circle: Sing! (A chargable Move where the character performs a music "ping" like the original game. The sound can be taken from the original game which has various sounds to avoid annoyance) (10-20 ap)

(This move act like the concussion blast from Jak's Down Circle, this move also restricts movement on user, also at full charge it breaks guard)

Up Circle: Energized Jump! (A Jump that launches the character upward and any character directly near or above will recieve damage) (15 ap)

(Performs like Cole's Ice Jump (up circle)  or Sackboy's Rocket Jump (up triangle)

A bit of a side idea: At swarm locations this move becomes chargable and increases ap gain to (15-25 ap)

Left and Right Circle: Energized Rush! (A Tackle that launches the character at the enemy) (15 ap)

(Performs like Sly Coopers Electric Roll, with same recoil)

A bit of a side idea: At swarm locations this move becomes chargable and performs like sackboy's jetpack slam and forces enemies into the same kind of recoil) (15-20 ap)

Down Circle: Energized Burst! (This move the placed swarms to explode with minor recoil) (10 ap)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special 1: Cloth Fish Slam! (Large Cloth Fish is energized and Rushes out to tackle the enemies)

(Works alot like Sly coopers Murrey Attack)

Special 2: Honor the Fallen! (Sand Progressively grows across the ground, the sand traps the people, and Totem Markers smash through only the trapped characters The hieght of each totem marker is the same hieght of Cole's lvl 2 ice barriers, Characters will only be hit if they are touching the ground when sand initially grows under them, or if they are directly near a killed Victim.)

( This move performs like Good Cole's lvl 2 Special)

Special 3: Cloth Hunter's Prey (A cutscene of the player standing in a dark area, Cloth hunter dragoon crashes through the background and chases the running Character)

(By far my favorite) Character is chased around the stage by an A.I controlled Cloth hunter, the special lasts about 20 seconds if the player is not hit, followed by a cloth hunter charging across a random section of the stage. (covers about 1/4 of the stage) If the player is hit the special force cancels and all Ap is drained.

Throws: A Ping surrounds the character (Like Kat)

Forward throw: Large Cloth Fish slams into character

Upward Throw: Swarm flies up and carries character up

Down Throw: Character Jumps on character and leaps off launching ap where he lands

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Costume 1: Defualt with color combos like (red,gold) (white gold) (black gold) (blue gold) (green, gold)

Costume 2: Original Concept Costume (The character appears like a samurai but arms stay attached to body)

Intro 1: Character is sitting in standby position on ground, then rises

Intro 2: Cloth fish (1 or 2) fly across screen with journey character trailing, but character stops in center stage

Intro 3:  Journeyer is standing with an ancestor looking at eachother, ancestor looks at screen, journeyer does also

Intro 4: Glyph flies in and swirls around, then crashes into the ground which gives birth to the journey character who spins and lands on the ground

Outro 1: Character is sitting infront of Ancestor stone (the one that give you visions) also i have pic

Outro 2: Character chases a cloth fish off stage

Outro 3: Journeyer is Sitting with a yellow flower infront of it and one of each flow fish swimming around it

Outro 4: Character stands on stage, a second Journey character runs on screen and the two begin to glow

(Outro 1 and 3 can be switched) 

Taunt: Energize!: Cloth fish comes out and swirls around journey character

Flower: A flower pops out of the ground and character smells it

Snuggle: Big cloth fish comes out and wraps character using it's tails (HUG)

Minions: Cloth Fish

Victory Music: Generic

Road of Trials 3:46-3:59

Apotheosis 1:11-1:20

DLC Minions: White Coat

Red Coat

DLC Stage: The Journey Begins

This Stage is in the desert with the mountain in the background and totem markers in the background. After Time passes A Cloth Hunter Pierces the background sand dune and stays  sticking out of the ground. Half it's body Visible, Sand raiders from Jak 3 drive out and begin shooting at the Cloth hunter. The characters are at risk from being hit by stray bullets and the cloth hunters attack as the two sides wage war.

Storyline Solo (No rival) Idea and the beging and ending cutscenes: Journey character is traveling through the desert, when a cloth hunter crashes through the desert under the traveler and the character falls in. After defeating Polygonman Journey character achieves it's white coat and gains a completed long scarf before flying up and vanishing. The Final cutscene is the traveler flies out of the hole, looks back and continues walking.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rival: Oliver

(personally i like this alot more then solo but i keep solo just incase XD)

Storyline Rival: Journeyer Is walking through the stage, when Oliver jumps down, and walks alongside.

Oliver: "Hey mister...err i mean ma'am?" Journeyer continues without acknowledging

Oliver: "Well, anyway do you know anything about a powerfull magic source? It's kind of MY journey.

Journeyer looks at oliver and stops walking, journeryer responds with a couple of music notes, before continuing on it's way.

Oliver; "Umm, okay then.."

Drippy: "Hey oliver mun, is it me or does this thing look strange, I think he might be a monster! Not to mention it looks like our former friend"

Oliver jumps infront of Journeyer and says "I'm not sure what you are, but if your a threat to this world, i will cure you!"

Journeyer begins to run the opposite way. Drippy jumps in journeyers way. Journeryer takes two steps back and looks both ways before summoning all  types of clothfish, the clothfish quickly surround him. *Que fight!*

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds when selected: The various noises throughout the game

Example 1: Ping

Example 2: Cloth fish cry

Example 3: 10 seconds of the very begining of the The Call song (from soundtrack)

Visuals:

Journey Character Tree.png

Totem Marker Attack and Icon ImageTotoem marker attack.jpg

Outro 1 and a Title ImageOutro 3.jpg

Message 1 of 86 (2,019 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Journey (The Traveler) Character Complete

Feb 26, 2013
Oh my God, this is perfect. Thank you for this. The Hooded Traveler of Journey has always been in my top 10 most wanted characters. I now know that he would be possible as a fighter in this game. This is great
Message 2 of 86 (1,998 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Feb 26, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
Oh my God, this is perfect. Thank you for this. The Hooded Traveler of Journey has always been in my top 10 most wanted characters. I now know that he would be possible as a fighter in this game. This is great

That is my hope for the developers, I didn't just say i want the character i created an entire blueprint XD maybe i do have too much time on my hands lol

Message 3 of 86 (1,980 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

REALLY REALLY SORRY for double post but i did realise it wasn't complete...i forgot some moves and i added throws...if there is any comments thoughts or advise or a suggestion for rival i'll update...again sorry for double post T.T

Also if there is ANYTHING i forgot please mention i want this to be a COMPLETE presentation

Message 4 of 86 (1,901 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Errrrrr this sounds OP as **bleep**....

He would probably be a combo king if that sing move can also attract the swarms back to him like in the game. 

And that LV 3 would just be plain unfair.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 86 (1,889 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

narrasand436 wrote:

Errrrrr this sounds OP as **bleep**....

He would probably be a combo king if that sing move can also attract the swarms back to him like in the game. 

And that LV 3 would just be plain unfair.

Dang i was making numbers low for that reason, no sing does not Attract (which is why i didn't  include that in blue print)
I'm up for advice on the third...i guess if you get hit it's over...

Edited

lvl 3 special Edited

Half of the Ap gained has been lessened by 5-10 ap due to combo opportunities

Looking for solutions to Ap numbers

Message 6 of 86 (1,851 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I aplaud you sir. I allways thought that he would play a bit more like Kat (With Kicks and lots of air time) But this is amazing! Also, Intro 4 should stard with him absent, but then one of those rune stars crashes and he emerges from the explosion!

*World's most disappointed facepalm.*

%& Lead Scout for The Bunker! &%
Message 7 of 86 (1,820 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I admit, I want Journey representation in this game, but a stage has always made more sense to me.

However, this was a very creative and interesting moveset! You should put your mind to some other characters. Kudos to you!
Message 8 of 86 (1,803 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Awesome work!!!!!

I hope your blueprint gets into the right hands and considered for future DLC.

Message 9 of 86 (1,767 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
I admit, I want Journey representation in this game, but a stage has always made more sense to me.

However, this was a very creative and interesting moveset! You should put your mind to some other characters. Kudos to you!

Thanks, maybe i will XD "don't put all your eggs in one basket and all"

Also  @DandS That is my hopes XD people normally knock the idea cuase they don't see how it would work, so i took the first step ^_^

Message 10 of 86 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes