Highlighted
Oct 28 2012
By: dorkgeniuz21 Sackboy 410 posts

L.A. Beatdown Experience by dork geniuz

29 replies 894 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

This review is taken from my blog at http://gam3dorkblog.wordpress.com/   

1st off   (Note: pictures will be uploaded gradually)

After waiting 7 hours in line for Superbot & Sony’s " LA BEATDOWN/Playstation All-Star event hosted by iam8bit,

my legs were nearly about to give out, but as soon as me & countless other hungry gamers stepped through the door, we were rewarded with a plethora of  novelty items (mini ps all-star items & weapon museum) , Free one of a kind shirts+posters created by Bone-face,  complimentary all you can drink alcoholic beverages(yes they also had water) delicious food great music & about 50 or so screens (including a gigantic projector on the wall) displaying the full versions of Ps-all-stars battle royal.

The game mode-The mode that was available (at least for me) for the event was the one that required players to get a certain amount of kills with no timer. Modes like this are fast, fun and forces you to think fast.

CHARACTERSI was unaware when I came to this event that I would be able to PLAY AS ANY FREAKN CHARACTER I **bleep** WELL PLEEEEEASE…Incase you didn’t hear (read) what I just said, All 20 characters were playable at this event (including the before mentioned dlc pre order alternative costumes).Though I could have played with every character, I chose to restrain myself to only a few of my favorites. I kicked a** as  Spike, Sir Daniel, Sack Boy, Dante, Jak & Daxter, Heihachi, Toro & Good Cole. All of them played well and as you’d expect & every character plays totally different, which leaves much room for every type of gamer to pick up & play, as well as different forcing you to use different strategies for each character.

The levelsDo to my crappy camera at the time, it was hard to get good snaps of gameplay and the levels but all levels were playable at Superbots Event. All I have to say is that I have never cared about **bleep**  was going on in the background in a fighting game until now. Each level is fun & so well designed that you almost just want to stop fighting and see what’s going on back there..lol…I got to try a decent amount of Levels out but it should be noted that I went to the event half as a fan half a journalist. With that said, I forgot to check for important things like if there was a shadow of colossus themed level or the one that looked like Ico or Shadow of the colossus etc…Again though, the levels are da bomb and so many things happen that make you feel sort of amazed to be playing on them.

Weapons: Tons of new weapons and items were available at certain moments during the game, giving us better chances to rack up some AP. Lots of  fun can be had with the vast array of items that span across the all-stars franchises.

Who was there-Probably the coolest thing about this event was being able to chat with, thank & and play this game with the creators, dev team of what I know is an amazing game. I got a few words in with Chan Park, Omar KendallSeth Killian & Notorious Blogger” Paul Gale, as well as several members of the dev team etc.

ImageImageImage

To Chan Park & Seth, I asked if aside from DLC Characters, would there be any Dlc weapons, Levels or even Supers down the line, to which they replied with positive maybe’s minus the Supers as it might be a bit much for the game etc. To Omar I  simply asked him about the possibly of Pyramid Head being in the game as dlc or if had been considered at one point” He repeatedly replied” Pyramid Heads a good character. Though I don’t know how many of you out there actually thought of pyramid head being a character but I sure did as we need more Ps horror reps so you can take it how you want it.

The Reaction:  I would like to note that everyones reactions to the game was extremely positive.People were excited and kept the momentum going throughout the night. This event was good for 3 reasons, to give the fans a privilege to play the game early, for promotion & to show that you can actually have a hardcore style competition thats fun and holds up like street fighter would.I think all the Ooooooooooooooooooohs & Awwwwww snaaaaaaaaps's throughout the night proved that...lol

So Who's the Boss

Some of you think you know who the boss is but I can assure you that it is not Tony Danza. None the less I know who the boss is but I cant decide if I want to tell you just yet. How do you know I know? You Don’t, but its definitely not a speculation of sorts, as it was a direct hint given to me by one of the devs there. It was a hint I could follow to find out if it was true and you guys will never guess so I will just say it..Never mind just go here to my buddy Paul Gale’s Blog…lol All in all this game is going to be as awesome as all of us think. They have put together a fine creation that I believe stands on its own and is no where near smash bros.If anything you could say they compliment each other instead of being in direct competition on. Why play just one when you can play both smash & Ps All-stars. Each game is and will be unique in its own way but honestly, I cant wait to see what Superbot cooks up next.

Message 1 of 30 (894 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: L.A. Beatdown Experience by dork geniuz

Oct 28, 2012

Hey, you didn't get a shot of me?

Well that's probably my fault because I left early.

Good stuff, Chris!

You might remember me, I had the long hair!

Message 2 of 30 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Were you the dude that was standing in line with me?

Message 3 of 30 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Pyramid Head as a possible DLC character? A man can dream...

photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 4 of 30 (742 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Look at PG getting credit for being a messenger XD
Message 5 of 30 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Oct 28, 2012

lol...The way I saw it was that he broke the story about Title fight before any of us knew anything and he had alot of stuff right so why not let him ride it through to the very end.Hes actually a really cool guy in person aswell.Same thing can be said for the rest of the guys at Superbot.

Message 6 of 30 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Heck yea man thats why I asked Omar..Everyone was all " Crash Crash Spryo bla bla bla but good luck getting any answers about those characters.I wanted to ask about even more dlc characters or at the least get a direct confirmation that dlc characters are coming etc, but I didnt want to take up too much of his time plus I went there mainly as a gamer & fan.If I get the chance again though I will have questions prepared but yea Pyramid Head could be a possibility because if he is not or wasnt already, I put it in his head when I asked him about it.Same thing goes for me asking Seth about possible dlc weapons,levels, supers etc.

Message 7 of 30 (674 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 28, 2012
you ask about ryu? XD
Message 8 of 30 (657 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I was too shy to ask for pics but seeing them was enough.

www.facebook.com/SonyTitleFight
 photo 893036_607240892638255_764515088_o1_zpsdc2e5a86.jpg
Message 9 of 30 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Oct 28, 2012

dorkgeniuz21 wrote:

Heck yea man thats why I asked Omar..Everyone was all " Crash Crash Spryo bla bla bla but good luck getting any answers about those characters.I wanted to ask about even more dlc characters or at the least get a direct confirmation that dlc characters are coming etc, but I didnt want to take up too much of his time plus I went there mainly as a gamer & fan.If I get the chance again though I will have questions prepared but yea Pyramid Head could be a possibility because if he is not or wasnt already, I put it in his head when I asked him about it.Same thing goes for me asking Seth about possible dlc weapons,levels, supers etc.

Hahaha you planted a seed in Omar's mind, very devious...i LIKE IT. Haha

photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 10 of 30 (604 Views)