Apr 30 2013
By: chronos453 First Son 8 posts

Map Pack DLC suggestion...

5 replies 159 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

Okay, I have a feeling that some people might disagree with me, but just try to hear me out for a minute.

So what if one of the DLC packs didn't introduce any new characters at all, but instead it gave a variety of new maps to play around with? Don't get me wrong, I love the new characters (though I still think Zeus's AP generation is over the top), but in my opinion the maps have just become... stale. I would love to see some new ground to cover. Just imagine: a map-DLC pack consisting of maybe four maps. That would be something, right?

I even had a few suggestions in mind:

1) Gravity Rush + DmC: Devil May Cry - Think about it, it's a wonderful combination! The gorgeous city of Hekseville plummets into the warped and twisted world of Limbo (which was executed wonderfully in DmC in my opinion). Perhaps the Nevi will also play a part in this? Santa Monica would have to be creative on this.

2) Shadow of the Colossus + Journey - I'll be honest with you, I've never played SotC. However, I know enough about the game (through Let's Plays HURHURHUR) that would make it a formidable pair-up with thatgamecompany's amazing creation, Journey. Now imagine this: your start the fight in some... I don't know, some kind of ruins of some sort, and then some sand comes pouring in, and the Guardians from Journey raid the fight. Maybe you'll see the nameless robed traveler venture with a companion every once in a while. Don't know about you, but I think that's pretty awesome. Even if I haven't played one of those games.

So those are what I would like to see sometime in the future. Who knows, maybe they might actually consider a full-fledged map DLC soon!

What do you think of this idea? Additionally, what would you think would be a wonderful idea for a new map?

Message 1 of 6 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Re: Map Pack DLC suggestion...

Apr 30, 2013
I had an idea for a non-hazard stage. The entire stage is made up of Playstation consoles, The Ps1,Ps2, and Ps3 are the floor, and the PSP and Vita are the walls. It's a bit like the rival arena.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 2 of 6 (153 Views)
Survivor
2413 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I love the idea, especially the Journey X Shadow of the Colossus one. Who knows, maybe team ICO allows us at least a stage :3

One stage I'd like to see is a Bioshock X Oddworld one. You start in Rapture, with all the Splicers and Big Daddies fighting, and then some creatures from Odworld start to show up and destroy the stage Smiley Very Happy

[I would be hyped for a map pack just like a character pack. Would be awesome if they came in three xD]

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Message 3 of 6 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Wait..... haven't I seen this thread before?
Message 4 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

HypernovaGN wrote:
Wait..... haven't I seen this thread before?

You've probably have seen something like this. I don't expect myself to be the first to think of this anyways.

Message 5 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah I remember something like this also, plus Gravity rushXDmC , hell yeah!
Message 6 of 6 (113 Views)