Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Mines/Traps are too OP in this game....

Mar 26, 2013
If you're rolling into the mine or trap it's your own fault, you know where it is so do your best not to get caught in it, I don't even use those kinds of characters often and even I can identify that it's my fault if I get caught in a mine on my own.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 51 (178 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Mar 26, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
If you're rolling into the mine or trap it's your own fault, you know where it is so do your best not to get caught in it, I don't even use those kinds of characters often and even I can identify that it's my fault if I get caught in a mine on my own.

Sure buddy.....sure. Read my examples again and then talk to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 51 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2387 posts

Mar 26, 2013
It's people like you guys that got sackboy nerfed. -___-
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 51 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Pro tip: Avoid the mines like the rest of us.

/should be end of thread...seriously

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 51 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2387 posts

Mar 26, 2013
@o-extra I destroy mines with parappas down triangle all the time also.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 51 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Mar 26, 2013

O-EXTRA wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

O-EXTRA wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

1 mine out on the feild isn't a big deal. If you can attack it and want it to not explode, then how are you attacking it if it hits you? Yes traps and mines are annoying, but if you stay away from them, then you should be all good.

How can you stay away from it when the player hugs it........as I said in my example. If all they did was set and run away I wouldn't care less...but they don't unless they're new at the game.

Then don't go after them or use range attacks.

So your solution is for everyone to pick characters who have viable range attacks? Because I use Parappa, and as him I can only destroy Sackboy's pad with forward circle, and Isaac's mine with the mic grab (but this is next to useless since his mine is sooooo spammable AND he has great range moves to punish me as I'm recovering from the mic grab).

Sure in a 1v1 situation I can force them to stop camping their mine by running away to summon my boom box....but this isn't a 1v1 game AND they could just move their camp tactics over to my boom box. In the end, running away or taking a hit (or getting lucky on a throw) shouldn't be the only viable tactics against this.

If the mines/traps are such a nuisense, yes, or Don't go after them. As PaRappa, you can do that skateboard air dash thing in the air and turn that into a combo. Plus if it's in FFA that the traps are annoying you, keep in mind that 2 other people are playing, the mines/traps of 1 person should only effect 1 player. Try teaming up.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 51 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Mar 26, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
It's people like you guys that got sackboy nerfed. -___-

Sackboy's nerf was never done properly IMO, his level 3 is still BS,  they need to nerf his level 3 and buff some of his other moves (like grappling hook and fix his combos) so he can be a less of a spam character.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 51 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
874 posts

Mar 26, 2013

FFA is the Wild West aint nobody teaming up. most people are so braindead thats why zeus is dominating right now cause thinking isn't a part of most peoples agenda in FFA

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 51 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I'm okay with all mines except Issacs.

Why?  Simple.  With Sweet Tooth and Sly, if they want to camp their mine, it limits their AP potential because they are both short range characters.  As for Big Daddy, E-Cole, etc, they have time limits on the traps.

With Issac however, he's a mid-long range fighter.  Camping his mine keeps him extemely save from combo characters while still being able to gain a lot of AP.

I have to agree that attacking a mine should disable it (like the barrel change).

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 51 (108 Views)
Sackboy
575 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Breaker_Ki wrote:

I'm okay with all mines except Issacs.

Why?  Simple.  With Sweet Tooth and Sly, if they want to camp their mine, it limits their AP potential because they are both short range characters.  As for Big Daddy, E-Cole, etc, they have time limits on the traps.

With Issac however, he's a mid-long range fighter.  Camping his mine keeps him extemely save from combo characters while still being able to gain a lot of AP.

I have to agree that attacking a mine should disable it (like the barrel change).

Aye, but Issac has got less up close options then Emmett, plus he's a DLC so he should have something that stands out.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 51 (102 Views)
0 Likes