Highlighted
May 24 2013
By: khknight Fender Bender 4120 posts

My faith restored, Balance suggestions

[ Edited ]
76 replies 835 views Edited Jul 13, 2013

UPDATE 7/12/13

jak

+ faster start up neutral square and make a single hit from the move do 30 ap and an immediate eject tornado
+ increased armor on ground and air forward square for higher priority over certain attacks. increase hitbox on last air > [] hit and make it comeout automatically after landing a successful hit with air forward square. Ground forward square should allow ^ [] follow up even if missed.
+ pressing square after downing V [] will no longer do another ground pound, hits people in air
+ bring back pre release reflex beam range and bounce behavior( the current angle can stay, this is to not screw up his current reflex beam combos) 
+ bring back pre patch blaster range and increase ap gain to 8 from 6.
+ allow peace maker to be charged for more range, a slight homing effect and +5 ap gain.
+ allow jak to cancel one triangle move into another
+ give mass inverter a lingering ground hitbox(those rings on the ground) that lasts for 2 seconds after activation
+ bring back pre patch needle laser tracking
+ make gyro burster bounce off walls
+ increase speed of all throws (none can combo or KC so its only fair)

+ increase wave concussor size just enough to the point wear an uncharged blast can hit from behind jak

+increase level 3 time by one second

Emmet:
+change turret firing behavior from single shot to triple rapid fire shot. 5 ap per shot(5+5+5) This may sound too good at first but the turret shouldn't be able to land all three shots unless the opponent stays grounded.
- turret hit stun removed
- sticky grenade throwing range decreased, hitbox decreased, grenades stuck to opponents give 20 ap, unstuck grenades only do 10 ap

kat:
- gravity pull raidus decreased

- decrease tracking on level 2

ratchet:

+- change forward throw behavior to cause opponnts to bounce off walls. This will remove the infamous kill setup and give ratchet some new wall combos.
- increase recovery time of air sniper rifle. To prevent short hop sniper spam.

sly:
- removed the ability to spam barrels in mid air( to remove stay offscreen exploit)
- increase start up time of both air and ground forward triangle and remove bounce back effect of ground forward triangle
- remove projectile bounce from slys barrel
- slow down teleport to make it less safe
- increase level 3 cost from 675 to 750

good cole:

+ sheild should absorb most long range projectiles (like drakes Ak and jaks blaster)
+ give alpha blast a projectile bounce effect
- remove triple square combo crumple state to match evil cole
- decrease lightning tether spark hitbox size.
- increase level 3 cost from 675 to 750

- lightning tether and ice rocket gets cancelled if cole is hit after the start up of those attacks

kratos 

-increas start up of ground and air neutral square and slow down the 3 square combo

-decrease the hitbox arc of the last hit in the air nuetral square combo

-increase start up and recovery of ground up square, decrease range of air up square

-decrease the lasting length of level 2 to make it possible to air dodge through

raiden

-remove the the down throw bounce effect given in the last patch

- decrease vertical range of air neutral square combo

- remove the ability to air dodge during level 2, change time freeze effect to a time slowdown(similar to jak's time freeze)

- change hit reaction of foward square from buttdrop to a different hit reaction

- decrease speed of air dive kick

- change hit reaction of forward circle from butt drop to something else

Sir dan

+ increase tracking and initial speed on level 2
+ remove timer reset on level 3 and automatically kill anyone inside the level 3 at the end of it, increase ap cost to 750
+ increase speed of neutral square combo

+ increase speed of ground forward square

+ increase speed of of taking out sheild in both air and on ground

+ increase fall speed of turky throw

+give sheild more super armor

+ increase speed of air hammer

hehachi

+ decrease ap cost of level 2 from 400 down to 325

+ decrease charge up time for red hands

Fat princess:
- both air and ground soldiers can be cancelled by hitting fat princess
- air forward square have less reach

evil cole

- giga punch disapears 10 seconds after gaining it

spike

+decrease start up of level 1

+give level 2 a real turn around ability similar to jaks

+change angle of up triangle to match the angle of sir dans arrow and increase range

+ change air b cannon ap gain back to what it was pre last patch

+increase fully charged ground boxing glove from 5 ap to 30

+fix down circle/ blue monkey coming out after the signal turned green

+give hoola hoop the ability to freely move after start up, ground and air.

Please SSM, if you're afraid of adding these changes then please do what zipper interactive did with MAG

Make a second beta and test all future dlc and patches and used the beta to test these changes, see what works and what doesn't.

Message 1 of 77 (835 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Re: Balance suggestions and thoughts thread

May 24, 2013

Well I think you forgot about the GODLK tether move Cole has.

Message 2 of 77 (821 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

May 24, 2013

Jak: (Adding on to your list)

-Improve tracking on forward circle

-Add a bit of armor to neutral circle

-Slightly decrease recovery time on forward square

-Add an in-between blast to down circle

-Add hitbox to down square while in the air, so it can hit opponents that are in mid-air (but only gives 10-15 AP)

-Remove annoying glitch where Jak performs another dive when immedietly pressing square after down square

Spike:

-Slightly decrease recovery time on forward square when not fully charged (just enough to let him follow up with neutral sqaure)

Sly:

-Remove Sly's self-knockback on forward triangle when blocked

That's all I can think of right now.

Message 3 of 77 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013
I already had the needle laser tracking suggestion and the glitch you mentioned is not a glitch at all. Its an intentional game mechanic put in by SB. Its efen in jak's moveset description on the website

I like your other suggestions though. However, if the change to sly u suggested is implemented than maybe they shouldn't implement the increased start up time as well
Message 4 of 77 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

May 25, 2013

I think it would be cool if the beam reflexor could be aimed, similar to Swee Tooth's fire breath. I think Jak players would use that move a lot more if they had some degree of control over the angle. Right now I almost never see Jak players use it: only thing I see less frequently is Up Circle.

Message 5 of 77 (786 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013
I use the ground version of it when i have someone either in the right angle or caught in a peace maker blast. It would be great if i could rapid fire 3 quick shots while in mid air at a group of tightly packed foes
Message 6 of 77 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

May 25, 2013

khknight wrote:
I already had the needle laser tracking suggestion and the glitch you mentioned is not a glitch at all. Its an intentional game mechanic put in by SB. Its efen in jak's moveset description on the website

I like your other suggestions though. However, if the change to sly u suggested is implemented than maybe they shouldn't implement the increased start up time as well

Oops, didn't notice it. Smiley Tongue

As for the non-glitch, what purpose would it have? It's not like you can hit your opponents twice with the dive, it's stupid. Why not just push down square again?

Message 7 of 77 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

May 25, 2013

khknight wrote:
There hasn't been an active one of these in a while so....I thought "why not?"

I'll start with jak, those who know me know why.

+ faster start up neutral square, to make it easier to punish after blocking
+ increased armor on ground and air forward square for higher priority over certain attacks
+ bring back pre release reflex beam range and bounce behavior( the current angle can stay) Along with increased rate of fire
+ bring back pre patch blaster range and increase ap gain to 8 from 6.
+ allow peace maker to be charged for more damage. 2 second charge = 20 ap (2 seconds is a long time in fighting games)
+ allow jak to cancel one triangle move into another
+ increase mas inverter ap gain from 5 to 10
+ bring back pre patch needle laser tracking
+ make gyro burster bounce off walls
+ increase speed of all throws (none can combo or KC so its only fair)

Emmet:
+change turret firing behavior from single shot to triple rapid fire shot. 5 ap per shot(5+5+5) This may sound too good at first but the turret shouldn't be able to land all three shots unless the opponent stays grounded.
- turret hit  stun removed
- grenade throwing range decreased, hitbox decreased, grenades stuck to opponents give 20 ap, unstuck grenades only do 10 ap

kat:
- gravity pull raidus decreased

(need suggestions for addressing her easy level 1 KCs)

ratchet:

+- change forward throw behavior to cause opponnts to bounce off walls. This will remove the infamous kill setup and give ratchet some new wall combos.
- increase recovery time of sniper rifle.

sly:
- removed the ability to spam barrels in mid air( to remove stay offscreen exploit)
- increase start up time of both air and ground forward triangle
- remove projectile bounce from slys barrel
- slow down teleport to match other character teleports

good cole:

+ sheild should absorb  most long range projectiles (like drakes Ak and jaks blaster)
+ give alpha blast a projectile bounce effect
- remove triple square combo crumple state to match evil cole
- grenades should only give 20 ap if stuck to a opponent and 10 ap if unstuck.
- decrease lightning tether hitbox size.

kratos and raiden

these 2  needs atoo much work. I'll let you all decide what to do with them.

Sir dan

+ increase tracking and speed on level 2
+ remove timer reset on level 3 and automatically kill anyone inside the level 3 at the end of it
+ decrease start up on certain moves

thats all i got at the top of my head for now, will add more later once it comes to me.

No

Photobucket
Message 8 of 77 (757 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013
Rain, you're in some serious denial.

The changes aren't even that bad, it would hardly change your gameplay. Calm down.
Message 9 of 77 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Parappa

-Make his level 2 time back to 5 seconds instead of 4 seconds (other than that he's good)

Message 10 of 77 (743 Views)
0 Likes