Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
12 posts

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 18, 2013
I swear u can't play 1 game without a kratos in it. I cant understand how they make a guy so **bleep** "OP" hope that next patch is coming soon cause this guy and zeus both from god of war r super OP
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (397 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I swear u can't play 1 game without a kratos in it.

Thats it, even offline there is a jerk who get kratos, lol

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Nerf characters we don't know how to play against!  Yeah!!  That'll teach those that learned to play as Kratos a lesson.

Kratos has been nerfed more than any character since launch.  He already gains far less AP, they've killed the recovery time of square, square, square, one AP burst he had that gave you 175AP went to 150 and now only gives you 85AP if you do the same combo, but you can still lengthen it so it can get an AP burst(s,s,ds,s,s,t,us,s,s,s or other.)  His forward square had too fast of a recovery time, but it got nerfed so hard that using it at all is begging to be punished. 

He's got nerfed a whole hell of a lot.  His level two, while good, isn't as good as a lot of characters.  His level has the hardest hit confirm in the game that anyone who isn't a moron isn't going to fall for it, and does it even work anymore since last past?  His level three is pretty easy to dodge, and the only time you're still going to get killed is if there's lag on the Kratos end, so even though you dodge on your screen, sometimes you can still die, but that bs is online only. 

He's a good character, but he's had nerf after nerf hitting him.  Let's compare this to characters who have had extremely minor nerfs or no nerf at all.  Sly's level one can be cancelled before Murray dashes, a few very small changes, but overall, Sly is still as godlike as he was before.  Good Cole keeps getting buffed.  Evil Cole has had minor nerfs.

Eventually we'll have all the top tier characters nerfed so bad that they're bottom tier.  Then people will be **bleep** aboutt Sir Dan being OP.  He's not OP, but hopefully you get my meaning.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Apr 19, 2013
No good kratos user uses sq sq sq. That nerf was meaningless.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (346 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Nerf characters we don't know how to play against!  Yeah!!  That'll teach those that learned to play as Kratos a lesson.

Kratos has been nerfed more than any character since launch.  He already gains far less AP, they've killed the recovery time of square, square, square, one AP burst he had that gave you 175AP went to 150 and now only gives you 85AP if you do the same combo, but you can still lengthen it so it can get an AP burst(s,s,ds,s,s,t,us,s,s,s or other.)  His forward square had too fast of a recovery time, but it got nerfed so hard that using it at all is begging to be punished. 

He's got nerfed a whole hell of a lot.  His level two, while good, isn't as good as a lot of characters.  His level has the hardest hit confirm in the game that anyone who isn't a moron isn't going to fall for it, and does it even work anymore since last past?  His level three is pretty easy to dodge, and the only time you're still going to get killed is if there's lag on the Kratos end, so even though you dodge on your screen, sometimes you can still die, but that bs is online only. 

He's a good character, but he's had nerf after nerf hitting him.  Let's compare this to characters who have had extremely minor nerfs or no nerf at all.  Sly's level one can be cancelled before Murray dashes, a few very small changes, but overall, Sly is still as godlike as he was before.  Good Cole keeps getting buffed.  Evil Cole has had minor nerfs.

Eventually we'll have all the top tier characters nerfed so bad that they're bottom tier.  Then people will be **bleep** aboutt Sir Dan being OP.  He's not OP, but hopefully you get my meaning.

Try this, compare e cole lvl 3 with kratos lvl 3, g cole ap gain with kratos ap gain or maybe sly hitbox atks against kratos.

He is top tier in hands of a good player, obviously if youre not good with him hes not gonna be a good char.

Im not asking to nerf, just saying hes, yet, a top tier character, and sometimes, op.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Kratos lvl 3 is super easy to get, and a really good lvl 3 u can get like 5 kills out of it, and if ur good u can get ur lvl 3 with that piece of **bleep** in the first minute and a half
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:

Actually you're wrong.  If someone is turtling, a good strategy was to start hitting s, s, s at the furthest range you can hit them and repeatedly hit square until they stop blocking, try to roll and happen to get hit by it, or roll and get out.  If they get hit by one of the attacks when rolling out, then you can switch it up to another combo.

Regardless.  No recovery on s, s, s with them blocking repeatedly using it gave you a lot of AP.  Not as much as doing a full combo that hit them, but if they were blocking you wouldn't have been able to do a full combo anyways.

So no.  The nerf wasn't meaningless.  Can't use that tactic any longer because of the nerf, and if you try you'll likely get punished.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (289 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1155 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Lol that picture with kratos and that nerf guns was funny
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Apr 19, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Noobish-Hero wrote:

Actually you're wrong.  If someone is turtling, a good strategy was to start hitting s, s, s at the furthest range you can hit them and repeatedly hit square until they stop blocking, try to roll and happen to get hit by it, or roll and get out.  If they get hit by one of the attacks when rolling out, then you can switch it up to another combo.

Regardless.  No recovery on s, s, s with them blocking repeatedly using it gave you a lot of AP.  Not as much as doing a full combo that hit them, but if they were blocking you wouldn't have been able to do a full combo anyways.

So no.  The nerf wasn't meaningless.  Can't use that tactic any longer because of the nerf, and if you try you'll likely get punished.

If someone is turtling a good strategy is to ignore them and fight someone else. Remember that these patches are made to balance FFA not 1v1 or 2v2. From a FFA stand point that nerf really was meaningless as his sq sq up sq is better anyways, because it was not only as fast as sq sq sq pre patch, it leads into combos and ap bursts.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Nerf Irelia. Nuff said.

At least if fkn should be!

Nerf Kratos!

I main Kat, and I've JUST hit lvl 999, purple. I waited that long before I start prematurely calling for nerfs back when I was noob. I average 4-7 points in ranked FFA with Kat. On the rare occasion I use Raiden, I get 11-16 points a game (vs purple/brown/red belts most of the time). Raiden is top tier BUT BALANCED and has great normals, great supers, and more good matchups than bad (making him top tier). Now imagine what belt I would be in if I actually mained Raiden. Kratos on the other hand is OP (no exaggeration).

Ever since game launch, people have been calling Kratos OP. Ever since launch, people say "you just don't know how to play against him." Guess what, I DO know how to play against him. Give me my main (Kat) and pit me against myself using Kratos and guess who's gonna win. The issue is not his AP gain. The issue is his speed, range, and recovery ALL PUT TOGETHER! Don't just take into account one of these factors; you need to think of them as a whole (or just go test it out in practice and run simulations). Test out what works best: block and counter, roll and counter, or air dodge and counter. If you don't come to the conclusion that Kratos is OP after doing that, then you obviously didn't try out the ENTIRE cast vs him. Consider this: Kratos' attack recovery has been nerfed, big deal. He still hits from a ridiculous range that keeps him safe from a counter. When anyone else whips out a melee combo that is blocked, they are PUNISHABLE because they are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU - with the exception of Kratos and lots of Sly's moves (especially his spammable electro ball which gives a ridiculous amount of AP) that keep them in safe range.

Think of Nariko or Spike: they have mid-range melee attacks, but they have slow start ups OR put them within range of a punish. Kratos has n.square and u.square (and that's just on the ground). And guess what? Block Kratos' n.square and he still has time to dodge roll out, counter block your counter attack, or hit you if you are too slow to trade blows when Kratos spams attacks. Guess what else, Kratos' n.square is still too fast, but Kratos players knows it got nerfed somewhat so you know what they are using now? u.square. Consider this (bull**hit): block Kratos' u.square at max range and he can spam it right after and hit you before you are able to counter attack (never mind that he's already able to dodge roll out of the way - and that most grabs are too slow to catch him before that). So - ( at max n.square range) dodgeroll during his n.square attacks and you get hit by the last one (unless you have god-like timing ALL THE TIME - because that move IS spammable). SO, try jumping or air dodging his n.square and you will have success on counter attacking him, BUT NOT HIS u.square. u.square forces you to air dodge if you want to approach him by air, but if you jumped and air dodged at the same time Kratos starts his u.square, by the time you land he can dodge roll out of the way and repeat the process. Most Kratos' however, just spam attacks instead of rolling, which ends up in a trade of blows (if you're fast enough) rather than the punish that it SHOULD be - assuming you're using a slower melee character, not like Dante or Raiden, who I have no problems using to deal with Kratos because of their range and speed to counter.

"But you can use dash attacks (usually forward square) to close the gap and punish." OH YAY! After all that difficulty, I GET 10 AP! YES! Kratos on the other hand, can hit confirm into an air combo with his basic square attack WHICH; has the same range as most dash attacks BUT keeps him in safe range. This ISNT a case of high risk - high reward. This is NO risk, high reward.

Just cus Kratos was nerfed back to back like mad, doesn't mean he's balanced. And FTR, if you balance the game for 1v1's all the more balanced it is for FFA, otherwise, a character you can't approach in a 1v1 you avoid - so you go into a 3-man FFA brawl and GUESS WHAT? Kratos hits all three of you. Sometimes, people are smart enough to stop their combo/attack and avoid the interrupt, but most of the time, people are just greedy and impatient and want AP for a level 1-2 super in exchange for Kratos' level 3. But don't worry, Kratos is totally balanced now after that last patch.. right? Fkn wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (207 Views)