Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/17/2013
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 19, 2013
Zeus is NOT OP. Unlike the case of Kratos, who IS OP, people don't know how to play vs Zeus. Like I said, most people in FFA are greedy and don't stop their attack/combo and get caught by Zeus' attack together with the person they were originally attacking. What makes Zeus so good is that he has big range, super armor, and strong attacks - in FFA he's annoying because he goes in the air and has super armor - if you try using a slower but stronger attack to break his super armor, you're usually getting interrupted by someone else before you can finish. OR you can time your dodge for when Zeus attacks, but let's face it, someone else will already be hitting you while you wait to counter attack Zeus. So let's say you block an attack and then Zeus's attack comes right after - well if you rolled, you're out of position to do any punish besides a puny one hit dash attack. If you blocked, well it got broken and you're about to eat Zeus' super. Avoid Zeus and he gets all of you while you're busy fighting each other. There's also the issue of interrupting Zeus while he's blasting others with lightning. It's more of a problem with melee's because you can't go straight at him for a punish (obviously), which also rules out most head on level one supers. So you have to go jump all the way around unless you have decent projectiles for interrupt, but is it really worth it? Zeus got a lot of AP already by that time, and the best you can do is to do a strong one-hit attack. Start a combo and you will find yourself eating a super from someone who just recovered, OR they will simply interrupt you both.

BUT, Zeus is not OP. He's still manageable, if only people wouldn't be so stupid/greedy.
Message 21 of 46 (675 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/17/2013
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 19, 2013

One final word about Kratos for the devs (at least for now). Shorten Dhalsim's range by a little bit, give him air combos, and give him a major speed buff. What do you get? OP Kratos. (And take away his teleport I guess, if you want to be accurate)

Message 22 of 46 (672 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/28/2007
Offline
3946 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 20, 2013
It's so hard to argue thought after you've played God of War 3. The man is just unstoppable! It is indescribable
Message 23 of 46 (664 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/06/2009
Offline
1704 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 20, 2013

Hes not even Kratos really.

 

Hes a poorly made, poorly implemented copy of the real Kratos. Just look at his goddamn mascera, FFS. I cant stand that stupid portrait..

Message 24 of 46 (656 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/16/2010
Offline
345 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

Noobish-Hero wrote:
No good kratos user uses sq sq sq. That nerf was meaningless.

Actually you're wrong.  If someone is turtling, a good strategy was to start hitting s, s, s at the furthest range you can hit them and repeatedly hit square until they stop blocking, try to roll and happen to get hit by it, or roll and get out.  If they get hit by one of the attacks when rolling out, then you can switch it up to another combo.

 

Regardless.  No recovery on s, s, s with them blocking repeatedly using it gave you a lot of AP.  Not as much as doing a full combo that hit them, but if they were blocking you wouldn't have been able to do a full combo anyways.

 

So no.  The nerf wasn't meaningless.  Can't use that tactic any longer because of the nerf, and if you try you'll likely get punished.


If someone is turtling a good strategy is to ignore them and fight someone else. Remember that these patches are made to balance FFA not 1v1 or 2v2. From a FFA stand point that nerf really was meaningless as his sq sq up sq is better anyways, because it was not only as fast as sq sq sq pre patch, it leads into combos and ap bursts.


I guess you've just proven yourself to be a noob as Kratos.  If you hit anyone with an s, then s, s, us kills possible combo potential.   

 

Either s, s, t as a starter, then us, or if you want a more advanced version, s, s, ds, s, s, t, as a starter.  That'll get them low in the air where you can do a forward step, then us, then combo them in the air.

 

Regardless if it's FFA or 1v1, it was a good tactic to use.  With no recovery time you could keep attacking and if they rolled when you were too close in they'd get hit, allowing you a combo set up.  If they kept blocking and then rolled behind you, spin around with a neutral triangle.  If they kept on blocking until you got up to them, after your third square, you could immediately grab them with up grab, then combo them into an AP burst from that.

 

Just because you fail to realize it as a great tactic, doesn't mean it wasn't.

 

Besides, in a FFA if someone tries to attack you while you're doing that tactic, you can immediately attack in defense since you have no recovery time.  The recovery time didn't just allow you to keep hitting square, you could recover from the attack to go into a completely differen't attack whatever need arises.  Besides, while it may not be best in FFA, if you want to argue about 1v1, then why don't I mention that 2v2 is also ranked just like FFA.

Message 25 of 46 (620 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/29/2012
Offline
255 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

Blzzrd wrote:
It's so hard to argue thought after you've played God of War 3. The man is just unstoppable! It is indescribable

But he's not as fast in God of War as he is in All-Stars. I played them back to back with a friend, and it made me a little more annoyed with Kratos's ridiculous speed (when added to his strength and range) in All-Stars.

Message 26 of 46 (608 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/06/2012
Offline
152 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Guy's been broken since beta. Mash square to win. His level 1 and 2 are irrevlevant, because he is extremely difficult to grab and he builds AP so fast.  No risk high reward.

 

Dev's solution: If we keep nerfing Sackboy, the game will end up balanced.

Message 27 of 46 (601 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Online
2405 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013
Kratos is just always going to be overpowered. Sony Santa Monica is clearly just in love in with him, they probably made sure they got to take over this game because they heard Superbot was planning on nerfing him.
Message 28 of 46 (590 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/29/2012
Offline
255 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

mac102991 wrote:

Guy's been broken since beta. Mash square to win. His level 1 and 2 are irrevlevant, because he is extremely difficult to grab and he builds AP so fast.  No risk high reward.


Even if they weren't irrelevant, they're still class A supers. They come out fast and have good range.

Message 29 of 46 (576 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Kratos is just always going to be overpowered. Sony Santa Monica is clearly just in love in with him, they probably made sure they got to take over this game because they heard Superbot was planning on nerfing him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the conversation:

 

SuperBot: We need to nerf Kratos. He is too strong.

Sony Santa Monica: WHAT?! No way Kratos is the best.

SB: We know... that's why we need to nerf him. He should be balanced with the rest of the class.

SSM: NO! KRATOS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST! YOU'RE FIRED! WE ARE TAKING OVER PRODUCTION OF GOWASBR!

Message 30 of 46 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes