Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/23/2012
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:


GnomeWizard wrote:
Kratos is just always going to be overpowered. Sony Santa Monica is clearly just in love in with him, they probably made sure they got to take over this game because they heard Superbot was planning on nerfing him.


I wouldn't be surprised if this was the conversation:

 

SuperBot: We need to nerf Kratos. He is too strong.

Sony Santa Monica: WHAT?! No way Kratos is the best.

SB: We know... that's why we need to nerf him. He should be balanced with the rest of the class.

SSM: NO! KRATOS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST! YOU'RE FIRED! WE ARE TAKING OVER PRODUCTION OF GOWASBR

 

 

Well, tbh that's actually what I believe. It's their character so they've obviously given him special attention, its all marketing. From making him OP so the vast majority play him to over representing the franchise through multiple characters items etc. Its getting players exposed to the franchise, not very subtley. They sacrifice balance and fairness, not to mention respect to the other games and characters to make GOW appear in the best light, GOW eclipses everything else in this game. I no longer respect SSM as a company, bunch of scheming **bleep**.

 

Message 31 of 46 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1418 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

Your logic is awfull so because SSM is supporting the game they will buff Kratos? Did the makers of Brawl make Mario OP because he is a mascot?

Message 32 of 46 (186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/23/2012
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

B00M-get-0wned12 wrote:

Your logic is awfull so because SSM is supporting the game they will buff Kratos? Did the makers of Brawl make Mario OP because he is a mascot?


And you say my logic is awful

Message 33 of 46 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1418 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013

That made no sense at all let me break it down for you. Your logic is that SSM will buff Kratos because he is their mascot but do the creators of Brawl buff Mario because he is the mascot? Anyways SSM will be boycotted if they do such stupid things so it is unlikely.

Message 34 of 46 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/31/2013
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013
Not because he's their mascot. Because GOW: Ascension is selling so poorly. Mario doesn't need the help that SSB offers. GOW does.
Message 35 of 46 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/05/2013
Offline
95 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013
Yet Ascension's sales still blow all stars out of the water with ease. Seems like this game needs Kratos' help, more than the other way around.
Message 36 of 46 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Online
2415 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 22, 2013
What I find strange is when I bought a new ps3 (the one that came with GoW:A), I tried to play online and there wasn't a lot of people and it took awhile finding a full match, yet allstars have been out for a while now and I can find a match at everytime of day.
This could just be my luck though.
And god of war ascension is selling poorly when compared to god of war 3, you can't compare it all-stars sells because all-stars didn't have nearly the budget or advertising...
Message 37 of 46 (153 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 11/16/2012
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 23, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
What I find strange is when I bought a new ps3 (the one that came with GoW:A), I tried to play online and there wasn't a lot of people and it took awhile finding a full match, yet allstars have been out for a while now and I can find a match at everytime of day.
This could just be my luck though.
And god of war ascension is selling poorly when compared to god of war 3, you can't compare it all-stars sells because all-stars didn't have nearly the budget or advertising...

This is interesting, i just read a comment from Christofer Sundberg(dev of just cause) commenting that Story-driven games aredying and leaving place to multiplayer focused ones. (i strongly disagree).

Message 38 of 46 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/26/2013
Offline
68 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 23, 2013
I think Raiden needs more of a nerf, his KCs are not nearly as annoying as Kratos.
I'm through playin games!
Message 39 of 46 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/17/2013
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Nerf Kratos Now

Apr 23, 2013

Aquoon wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
What I find strange is when I bought a new ps3 (the one that came with GoW:A), I tried to play online and there wasn't a lot of people and it took awhile finding a full match, yet allstars have been out for a while now and I can find a match at everytime of day.
This could just be my luck though.
And god of war ascension is selling poorly when compared to god of war 3, you can't compare it all-stars sells because all-stars didn't have nearly the budget or advertising...

This is interesting, i just read a comment from Christofer Sundberg(dev of just cause) commenting that Story-driven games aredying and leaving place to multiplayer focused ones. (i strongly disagree).


I strongly disagree too, lol. Maybe their looking at the numbers of greatest RPG series of all time (IMO); Final Fantasy, in which 13 fkn blew - SO BAD! That thing can't even be called story driven. It was X button driven. No freedom, no strategy, ALL visuals. Lightning was hot.. and that's about it.

Message 40 of 46 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes