Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: New DMC is actualy a prequel and not a Remake

Feb 14, 2013

Bardonic wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:
I actually liked DMC but I'm still mad a character that had never been in a game before was even considered for the roster

What about "Roy" from super smash bros. melee.

shhh dont anger him. he hates math, dont want him to hate you too. 

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 53 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 14, 2013
It's a reboot that takes place before the main story. It's a reboot because in the original Devil May Crys Dante was a half human and demon hybrid. In DmC he is a half angel and demon.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 42 of 53 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Feb 14, 2013
It is a reboot, this article was in 2010 0_0 I still love Dante, heck I think he is as cool as old Dante.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 43 of 53 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Feb 14, 2013

littlejcr wrote:
It is a reboot, this article was in 2010 0_0 I still love Dante, heck I think he is as cool as old Dante.

same here hahaha

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 44 of 53 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Bardonic wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:
I actually liked DMC but I'm still mad a character that had never been in a game before was even considered for the roster

What about "Roy" from super smash bros. melee.

The difference is melee actually had a lot of their history too so the fact 1 character that had never been in a game wasn't a problem because they had the Marios and Links and Mr.Game and watchs

WHEREAS THIS is missing quite a few REAL allstars (I think you know who I'm talking about) and they should have spent time getting those instead of characters that were never in a game before 

Message 45 of 53 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Seth Killian confirmed they've had meetings Square Enix in a previous PS Blog comment reply - so we can assume a FF rep was discussed.

Omar Kendall has repeatedly made it clear that he is aware of the demand for Crash & assumingly Spyro.

Just recently, the head of Crystal Dynamics confirmed there had been talks regarding Lars Crofts inclusion, and that she may infact make it in at somepoint after the games release.

Strangers Inhabitants/Just Add Water have been pushing Abes inclusion, and we can only assume he'll either be coming next or has infact been cancelled.

Team ICO denied a rep on the basis of not losing any artistic value from their own respective games.

So here we have Lara, Cloud, Crash, Spyro, Abe & Wander all discussed, making it clear they were considered and for some undisclosed reason (except for Wander & Lara) not allowed to be included (yet ?). So I wouldn't really presume the 'real All Stars' were LEFT out, just not allowed inclusion for whatever reason.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 46 of 53 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Feb 14, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Seth Killian confirmed they've had meetings Square Enix in a previous PS Blog comment reply - so we can assume a FF rep was discussed.

Omar Kendall has repeatedly made it clear that he is aware of the demand for Crash & assumingly Spyro.

Just recently, the head of Crystal Dynamics confirmed there had been talks regarding Lars Crofts inclusion, and that she may infact make it in at somepoint after the games release.

Strangers Inhabitants/Just Add Water have been pushing Abes inclusion, and we can only assume he'll either be coming next or has infact been cancelled.

Team ICO denied a rep on the basis of not losing any artistic value from their own respective games.

So here we have Lara, Cloud, Crash, Spyro, Abe & Wander all discussed, making it clear they were considered and for some undisclosed reason (except for Wander & Lara) not allowed to be included (yet ?). So I wouldn't really presume the 'real All Stars' were LEFT out, just not allowed inclusion for whatever reason.

Snake? Ezio? Dart? Gex? Mortal Kombat rep? Resident evil rep? Persona rep? Silent Hill rep?  AN RPG REP AT ALL?

and its stupid that Oddworld had to PUSH for abe to be in the game Superbot should have jumped on that in a heart beat

Message 47 of 53 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Dart ? Gex ? They're as obsecure (if not more) as Fat Princess. Only reason people push for them is because they were on the PS1.

Knowing they can get a Persona rep, an AC rep & an Oddworld rep quite easily is pretty annoying. I hope they do take advantage of those IP holders willingness to have their characters included.

Lets see what's in store for March.
Message 48 of 53 (91 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Feb 14, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Lets see what's in store for March.

I don't like this approach characters like that should have been on the roster in the first place 

Message 49 of 53 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I completely agree when it comes to those characters, especially Abe.

Crash, Spyro, Snake, Wander, Lara or Cloud ? Not so much. Not because they shouldn't be on the roster, but because it's clear there's a legitimate reason behind them not already being there.

Atleast in Lara's case, the devs wanted her new game to actually be released before people got their hands on her - so the possibility of her inclusion post-March remains wide open.
Message 50 of 53 (79 Views)