Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: OPEN YOUR EYES! (My letter to you all)

Feb 18, 2014

Let's just stop this before this thread gets derailed. 

Bam is right, this community talks a big game, but a lot of people don't really contribute much to All Stars. There's more talk comlaining about stuff in the game rather than trying to improve the game or make it more well known. The player base can also be quite antagonistic, sometimes making people leave (:smileysad: Novis) because the community just aggravates them. There are some things I don't understand about this community. It's not too hard to get involved. There's a fight club stream every day of the week, but it's almost always the same people. There are YouTube channels that are dedicated to providing All Stars content, but they don't have nearly as many subscribers as possible (I don't get why people were giving Afrokid so much flack. He was actually doing something to help the game progress). There's Facebook groups for All Stars. There's still a discussion page on Sonichurricane where you can talk to Maj. There's so much we can do to show that there is still interest in this game, but a lot of people fail to capitalize on these options. Instead of complaining at SSM to do something, we need to take the initiative. All they're doing is making a balance patch. It's our job to keep this game alive for as long as we can.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 65 (326 Views)
Survivor
2118 posts

Feb 18, 2014

ryannumber3gamer wrote:

@Vizionary

Once again, if you attack or start a combo, all you are doing is getting yourself a very small amount of AP and setting yourself up for recovery which then the person turtling can just easily start a combo and get way more AP off of it.  I already said how grabbing would work in that it is easily dodge rolled or just doesn't matter unless someone has a lot of AP. The only charge attack I can think of that is safe to use is Jak's because it can be done in the air and even then if its Cole or someone with an upwards range attack, you can still get hit charging it. 

I implore you to go and look at what a true block string is as well as what a 50 50 is. There are moves that are safe after execution vs 22 of the 23 legal characters. These moves cannot be punished with a counter attack because of the distance the block stun the opponen t recevies. The is usually the first 2 or 3 strings of a character's jab string or may be individual moves that are safe. Examples of these are Cole's d1, Fat Princess' d1, Isaac's s2 so on so forth. You cannot punish these moves with anything if your opponent blocks after the string or move is finished. It is for this reason why after a safe on block move leads to a 50 50 because you must read what your opponent does in order to get a punish, it is NOT guaranteed.

If Fat Princess does d1
You can either walk up and grab if she blocks you get a grab punish if she jumps after you get nothing

If you walk up and attempt a move and she blocks you get chip damage, if she does not and attempts a move you will get a punish, if she jumps you will land an aerial hit.

50 50s are constantly overlooked in this game and they are the first thing you should be looking at to punish anyone who is simply waiting to counter your move.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 65 (313 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10526 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Irokex13 wrote:

Bam is right, this community talks a big game, but a lot of people don't really contribute much to All Stars. There's more talk comlaining about stuff in the game rather than trying to improve the game or make it more well known. The player base can also be quite antagonistic, sometimes making people leave (:smileysad: Novis) because the community just aggravates them. There are some things I don't understand about this community. It's not too hard to get involved. There's a fight club stream every day of the week, but it's almost always the same people. There are YouTube channels that are dedicated to providing All Stars content, but they don't have nearly as many subscribers as possible (I don't get why people were giving Afrokid so much flack. He was actually doing something to help the game progress). There's Facebook groups for All Stars. There's still a discussion page on Sonichurricane where you can talk to Maj. There's so much we can do to show that there is still interest in this game, but a lot of people fail to capitalize on these options. Instead of complaining at SSM to do something, we need to take the initiative. All they're doing is making a balance patch. It's our job to keep this game alive for as long as we can.

You say this when it's already too late.

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 65 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
974 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Irokex13 wrote:

Might also be because people just aren't of those avenues either. I wasn't aware of Maj's site until I read this just now.

There needs to be some kind of PSASBR community awareness campaign or something.

wiggly waggly aaaarms!#HeavenlySwords
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 65 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1858 posts

Feb 18, 2014
@BAM_OF_THE_PPL I've been waiting for this type of response...

The fact of the offline scene has absolutely, 100% nothing to do about this situation, as I've stated in the first post.

First off, they have promised us a patch last August. It is February, with no word on its development. Does that sound like professionalism to you? See, I laugh at people like you because you just don't understand the role of producers and consumers...

I'll start from the beginning: As a consumer, we paid $200 - $600 (assuming you bought it when it came out) for a PS3. As we gave them our hard-earned money, we have a certain entitlement. We should demand more because without us, THE GAMERS, PlayStation is nothing. Now let's tie this down to All-Stars. We all paid $60+ dollars on this game. We were promised that this game would continue to be supported, AS STATED BY SONY SANTA MONICA! We were promised a balance patch, again, AS STATED BY SONY SANTA MONICA! We are entitled to demand what they have promised to supply, especially because we paid for this game!

Your logic is incomprehensible. That's like saying if I bought an XBOX One (using XBOX because it's the only recent console that had this issue), and on Day 1, it was grinding my disks and not reading them, which it did, am I not entitled to get a replacement? Am I not entitled to get my money back? Is Microsoft not entitled to clean up their act to correct their problem so that people will buy their console, especially because it has a $100 disadvantage to the PS4?

Superbot Entertainment created the game, we paid $60+ dollars on the game, Sony Santa Monica took over the game when they left, they promised to support the game, they promised to patch the game, we are 100%, under every circumstance entitled to demand what we want.

Case in point: We demand a sequel for All-Stars, they come with a new game that nobody would want, we continue to demand for a sequel for All-Stars, and they make a sequel to the game that nobody wanted. Do you think SSM will stay afloat, or will they change their act to meet the needs of the heart and soul of their foundation, the consumers? I rest my case.

Check please. Next question.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 65 (247 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

@Ndukauba You are aware that a 'promise' doesn't mean a **bleep** thing right? That people and especially A BUSINESS can simply revoke the venture if they see fit? System hardware being incompetent is A COMPLETELY different scenario vs a game receiving patch support.. The most hilarious part about this whole thing is you keep telling people theyre deluded and they need to open their eyes, yet you sit there like a complete idiot still trying to complain to get an answer from them. 
I mean seriously, is there something wrong with your mind? 

"Case in point: We demand a sequel for All-Stars, they come with a new game that nobody would want, we continue to demand for a sequel for All-Stars, and they make a sequel to the game that nobody wanted. Do you think SSM will stay afloat, or will they change their act to meet the needs of the heart and soul of their foundation, the consumers? I rest my case."

Everyone look at the village idiot; the man who believes that PSABR numbers are enough for a company to survive on. You are seriously moronic; even their "flop" of GoW: A pushes out more numbers and the series itself has exponentially more value as Ive said. They would be more likely to come out with a new IP based on the simple fact that the new IP has potential to be better. From the data they have now, we haven't shown this game to be valuable. Wake the hell up and stop living in your fantasy world where consumers have this great power. Freaking stupid. Im not even going to get into modern day consumerism and the paradigms that have forged into all of us from birth in this current age.

I will repeat myself because while you are clearly lost in your own idiotic filth, there are some that simply aren't accustom to scene building; we have to make noise and be heard by action. Get people to care show the product is worth investing in. Demanding for a sequel to a game no one really plays is lunacy. There needs to be a scene to make it a reasonable business risk. This isn't some fairy tale world. Now we have some people that are willing to help guide and teach other in scene building. We have people like @Ginta2468 @iiGGYxD and others who are doing just that. If you need assistance contact them or me via PM. 

Or you can listen to Phoenix Wright's backwards step child rattle on with his exquisite logical fallacies.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 65 (212 Views)
Fender Bender
3306 posts

Feb 18, 2014
I think the fact we are taking this crap is the reason we continue to have no word from Tank.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE NO SUPPORT IF WE SIT IN SILENCE SO MAKE YOURSELVES HEARD!

RingingPhoneTelephone Calls 

Satire Extraordinaire!RingingPhone
"Stop trolling, you're CLEARLY trolling!" - Everyone In Off-Topic.

~ Proud Upholder Of The PS Forums Rules Of Conduct ~
~ Survivor Of Two Permanent Bans ~ Influential Satire Member ~

~ Forum Moderation Expert ~ Victim Of Many Injustices ~
~ Sworn Enemy To The Off-Topic Board ~ Anti-Troll Cultist ~

Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 65 (191 Views)
Survivor
2118 posts

Feb 18, 2014

@Irokex that is because it is simply easier to say you want something to happen than do it. For all the community''s comlpaints there is always a select few that are doing something for the sake of its advancement. Most of the rest are people who feel that their every beck and call should be addressed by the developers post haste and they are entitled to air their grievances publicly when said requests are not met.

I too question Ndukauba's assessment of the current community and how much good he thinks that "raiding" their twitter page is going to do. I think he forgets that this is after all a business in which the venture is profit. Perhaps he thinks that maybe 100 or 200 voices is loud enough to make SSM decide that supporting the game is in their best interest...which it is not.

To anyone who really takes a good look at it how much easier do you think it would be for SSM to decide let us drop the game for more lucrative ventures as opposed to let us support the game and its already small community who's majority likes to complain about the imbalances everywhere when some of their very same problems have the easiest solutions? Some of those solutions that could be arrived at by simply asking someone who is more informed about the game

The fact of the matter is SSM has said that they are going to give us a patch, while they may not have been as detailed as we would have liked they did say they were going to do so. They gave us information they had and it is enough to go off of, they told us that the patch was going to be late, they told us that they were resuming work on it around the 6th of January, do you want a blow by blow of every single thing they add in? Do you want a log as to when tank logs in to work? Are you going to hold your breath till the patch comes?

Or you can work with what the current iteration offers and try and find a way around it. Over the last few months there has been a tremendous growth of tech and advancement in the meta game. Everything from grab bursts, to new stalls to complete turn arounds in MU spreads and more tier lists changes than I can remember. Why stop it now? Let SSM do their thing and you do yours.

Be the change you want to see in the community., go out and look for things, test stuff. don't just blame it on the laughably questionable balance. I still continue to find stuff actively that changes MUs or helps re shape the way people look at things. Things that take 10 or so minutes to figure out and simply require the impetus for you to WANT to figure a way around it. Only after you have exhausted your options do you look to question things within the game, not before.

Be the change you want to see in the community.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 65 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Somebody pass me the popcorn, this is awesome.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 65 (156 Views)
Wastelander
528 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Ive been eating fried chicken for the past hour. Keep it coming. Rooting for mah boi Bam tho
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 65 (142 Views)
0 Likes