Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Re: OPEN YOUR EYES! (My letter to you all)

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

@BAM_OF_THE_PPLIf you honestly believe that the consumers do not have a voice, and have no say in the gaming community, then you are sadly mistaken. Everyone on this forum can disagree with me if they'd like as it's their opinion, but we do make up the gaming industry as it's because of us that they are still afloat.

What you fail to realize is Sony is struggling. Out of all of the gaming corporations, Sony has a high chance of entering bankruptcy. That's one reason why they started closing down some of their 1st party companies and why they sold off their computer division. They need every opportunity to stay afloat at this point, so why not meet the demands of the people? First off, this was a low budget game, we all know this, so for a low budget game, the fact that it sold 1 million copies is fantastic. And since the word "promise" doesn't seem to comply with you, I'll just switch it to "officially stated".

In the end, I stand by what I say. We as the consumer make up the gaming industry, and without us, PlayStation is nothing. You seem to believe that I am the village idiot for having this mindset. Well if that's the case, then I'd like for you to watch AlphaOmegaSin, Shokio, and other "village idiots" on YouTube who actually have the same mindset on the gaming industry as I do, as well as have rational people pull their heads out of the gutter to face reality.

Also, when Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS comes out, I'd love to see you struggle to keep this game alive, because apart from the offline scene, online multiplayer was a big part of this game (and don't be foolish enough to deny that when they made this game cross-compatible, as well as it being the first cross-buy game).

If I am now viewed as the village idiot in this community, then so be it. By the way, it's because if Twitter that we got all of our information from SSM.

Message 51 of 65 (425 Views)
Fender Bender
3589 posts

Feb 18, 2014
I would just like to point out that 100 people is not a community. We are comparable to that one toy you never wanted to play with when you were a kid.
Message 52 of 65 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Ferby?
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 53 of 65 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11648 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Ndukauba wrote:

@BAM_OF_THE_PPLIf you honestly believe that the consumers do not have a voice, and have no say in the gaming community, then you are sadly mistaken. Everyone on this forum can disagree with me if they'd like as it's their opinion, but we do make up the gaming industry as it's because of us that they are still afloat.

What you fail to realize is Sony is struggling. Out of all of the gaming corporations, Sony has a high chance of entering bankruptcy. That's one reason why they started closing down some of their 1st party companies and why they sold off their computer division. They need every opportunity to stay afloat at this point, so why not meet the demands of the people? First off, this was a low budget game, we all know this, so for a low budget game, the fact that it sold 1 million copies is fantastic. And since the word "promise" doesn't seem to comply with you, I'll just switch it to "officially stated".

In the end, I stand by what I say. We as the consumer make up the gaming industry, and without us, PlayStation is nothing. You seem to believe that I am the village idiot for having this mindset. Well if that's the case, then I'd like for you to watch AlphaOmegaSin, Shokio, and other "village idiots" on YouTube who actually have the same mindset on the gaming industry as I do, as well as have rational people pull their heads out of the gutter to face reality.

Also, when Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS comes out, I'd love to see you struggle to keep this game alive, because apart from the offline scene, online multiplayer was a big part of this game (and don't be foolish enough to deny that when they made this game cross-compatible, as well as it being the first cross-buy game).

If I am now viewed as the village idiot in this community, then so be it. By the way, it's because if Twitter that we got all of our information from SSM.

lol Nduke, bro, stop saying the phrase "villiage idot". You're not the only one that thinks this way.

Business involves selling prducts and services for profit. When a company or corporation creates a product, people that has interest would purchase their product and continue to recieve support. If any problems were to occur, it would be the company's responsability to fix any problems in order to keep their customers content. This would lead into more transactions between the company and consumer, exchanging money for goods. 

If anything were to disrupt this system, it would end the transaction and any interactions between the company and consumer, mostly by the consumer's request. This may occur if the company does not fulfill their part of the agreement, commit unethical actions, or lose the quality of their products.

A lot of us paid $60 for this game. That is not only an investment that we made to this game and to SSM, but it is an investment that SSM still needs to fulfill. He are not asking them to submit their profits in order to produce extraggagent results. We just ask for the patch that was promised to us, a patch for a game that they have ignored long enough.

Yes, we may not be a large community like the Smash community. But remember, a new game costs $60. If 10 people does not buy this game, the company would lose sales that would total $600. And if others discover how unethical SSM has been to their loyal consumers by ignoring their request as well as keeping an incomplete game on the shelves, that would create a dislike for the company. 

Message 54 of 65 (387 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Feb 18, 2014
WHO'S STEALING MY TITLE OF VILLAGE IDIOT? THEY SHALL SUFFER!
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 55 of 65 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2014

We clearly have a say; however the power you believe us to have is hilarious at best. Think about it. Consumer's have a voice yes? However as a company, Sony is interested in obtaining the most profitable clientele. How is that done? Well lets bypass the social suggestions we are given to companies; when it comes to it Sony is going to give the consumer what they want?

NO.

Why? Because a company ( even the largest) don't have infinite resources ( CRAZY I NOESSSS), soooo they act somewhat utilitarian in nature. They give the most consumers they can what they want a.k.a they feed the majority. Which means they will invest their money in the most profitable products aka the products that satisfy the most amount of people per product..........

You think Sony, a company that is STRUGGLING, is going to invest  MORE MONEY in an all but failed product? You think they will just invest in PSAS 2 after the numbers that were shown? Or do you think they may just, I don't know, PUT THEIR MONEY IN A PRODUCT THAT HAS SHOWN SUBSTANTIAL PROMISE/POTENTIAL?

Do you we have a right to be upset? Absolutely. Its very unfortunate how the SuperBot was treated and this whole debacle out of the gate that really hit the game hard. However, people didn't show up either. People didn't make their voices count. We may be a small community, but in this age of heighten social media, not ever consumer is created equal. However, we all for the most part to be less than we are. No one showed up to offline tournaments, no one tried to build a scene around the game. At least if they're was a face to the game, it would've been patched according to those who show a passion and drive for it. And SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WAS! A multitude of changes from the patches addressed issues from So Cal Regional Attendees and people who put effort to get the game streamed to a multitude of people. People that may not have been as advanced as the online scene, had more weight because they were the face of the game to more people than you will ever touch in your life time.  We may not have gotten good support but PSAS didn't get enough support from us either. Heck with your Smash banter ( funnily enough Im sure you don't even know a **bleep** thing about that community as well) you yourself seem to lack faith that PSAS will survive past it. So lets break this down:

Ndukauba:
- understands our numbers are small aka poor sales
- understands Sony is struggling as a company
- doesn't believe PSAS will survive the Smash 4 wave
- WANTS COMPANY TO INVEST MONEY INTO PSAS

I mean I genuinely feel you don't think at all about what you are saying. Honest to goodness, I do. Either someone lied to you and told you our numbers for this game are solid ( which based off your Smash retort, its seems you don't believe that at all) or you lack basic business knowledge. This is down right horrific. The only thing Santa Monica is doing is releasing the best patch they can to save face as a company; they feel bad. That is it; and until our community becomes more than a blip in the ocean of consumers that's ALL we are getting. 

Message 56 of 65 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
358 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2014

photo mj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

Message 57 of 65 (269 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1357 posts

Feb 19, 2014
drama >>>

sig

Message 58 of 65 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Feb 19, 2014

I don't think that the lack of a community can be blamed solely on lack of enthusiasm. To be blunt, we're just not a very nice place to hang around. QM and Ranked is absolutely abysmal, the main forums (Officials, what's left of GameFAQs, and Arena) act incredibly childishly to one another (to the point of arguing that certain players should have no say in what goes into the balance patch because they aen't high-level enough), and there just aren't enough people for an offline scene.

Let's face it: this game didn't sell well. Neither did the DLC (for various reasons that again are not solely our fault) and that's probably the major reason that SSM just doesn't care as much as we do. They're a business, so they're going to seek profit. There's not a whole lot to be found here. It does seem like they've gone back on most of their promises (which they have) and I think they should definitely deliver the patch, but it's easy to see why they may not.

Honestly at this point there's little that can be done but wait. The Crash and Release Dart campaigns were where we were at our strongest, and that was like... maybe a little over a thousand tweets each at the end of it all? We're a cult fanbase, nothing more. Sadly BAM is right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably the only fan of Spider: The Videogame.

Message 59 of 65 (243 Views)
Wastelander
522 posts

Feb 19, 2014
This is still a debate? Just play the **bleep** game and accept the flaws or go play another game. Problem solved, whether they patch it or not won't change anything other than the people here's desire To play it
Message 60 of 65 (185 Views)
0 Likes