Last Guardian
9963 posts

Re: Ouch

May 7, 2013
A fighting game is as only good as it's roster?

The guy is a moron. You could have the best roster in the world, but if the actual fighting mechanics suck then it will be a crappy fighting game. Roster don't mean jack when talking about a fighting game.

Well roster diversity is important, if everyone played the same it would suck. So each character has to feel unique and fresh. But All-Stars DOES have character diversity. So this guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 21 of 36 (193 Views)
Last Guardian
9963 posts

May 7, 2013
Oh, and I really can't say Killer Frost is a time tested icon Smiley Tongue
Message 22 of 36 (187 Views)
Fender Bender
2440 posts

May 7, 2013

You guys may not like it, but he does have a point.

Message 23 of 36 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

May 7, 2013
Street fighter the movie want a talk with this guy.
Message 24 of 36 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

May 7, 2013

From the way I read it this guy doesn't like the Playstaion characters so doesn't like the game. I don't agree with his statement anyway. I like Batman, Joker and so on yet the desire for me to play injustice isn't that strong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 25 of 36 (163 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 8, 2013

Hey guys,

This is my second attempt at leaving a message. I 'm the idiot/**bleep** who's quoted in the original post. I just wanted to swing by the community and state that I've been playing PSASBR on and off since I first got my mitts on it at E3. Decent game, but none of the characters really hooked me, which was the the intended heart of the quoted line. It's not a game I play without my buds/coworkers, but that isn't an indictment of the game or those who play it. To each their own, I say.

Have fun and rock on!

Message 26 of 36 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

May 8, 2013

Whether you like it or not he does make a bit sense.Not the part where he says that the game is as good as its roster because that is BS but i can't blame anyone bashing this game for the lack of actual all stars.Injustice has 3 times more known characters than this game but i still wouldnt buy injustice because i hate the game engine it uses.The animations look too stiff and weird and combos arent that fun to perform.All stars has way more fun gameplay and satisfying moves and combos but it doesnt make up for a game which was created for the sole purpose of pleasing playstation fans.

Message 27 of 36 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013
The reviewer is right in regards to the Injustice roster including all the necessary characters (an opinion which differs from person to person when it comes to All Stars), but he fails to notice that WB owns DC, and therefore Netherrealms had freedom in character selection. SuperBot did not have that privelage - if they had their way, a lot more people would be happy with the roster. To add, SuperBot did a superb job in regards to the first party characters, and I believe if the roster was first party only, more people would notice that.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 28 of 36 (111 Views)
Fender Bender
3239 posts

May 8, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

Unless it's like from a legit gaming reveiwing website. It doesn't phase me.

Is there such a thing as a legit gaming review website... I'm sure pretty much almost every gaming review websites have biases, even IGN.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 29 of 36 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9963 posts

May 8, 2013
And is it really fair to compare characters from video games on a system that's only existed for 15 years to comic book characters who have existed for 50+ years?
Message 30 of 36 (74 Views)