Splicer
54 posts

Re: PS All Stars Japanese characters DLC

Apr 25, 2013

Definitely agreed on more Japanese characters. Not anime characters though, they've got their own crossover coming up anyway just wait for that if you really want them.

For upcoming games, there's Soul Sacrifice, Dragon Crown and Disgaea D2.

And in general, RPG characters are really underrepresented. Almost every PS generation has had at least one notable RPG series and a few series have even lasted multiple generations:

-Gen 1: Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Alundra (3rd Party Wise: Final Fantasy 7)

-Gen 2: Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy,  (3rd Party Wise: Yakuza, Disgaea)

-Gen 3: Demon's Souls, Folklore, White Knight Chronicles (3rd Party Wise: Valkyria Chronicles)

-Multi Generational: Wild Arms, Soul Sacrifice, Arc the Lad (also FF, Yakuza, Disgaea)

-Portable: Jeanne D'Arc, Gravity Rush (it sort of counts) (also Disgaea) (yeah we need Disgaea)

There's more series I can't think of right now.

(Also Toro and Kuro have been in a Disgaea game, and Kiryu was in Hot Shots Golf. Why are they not in this game already?)

Message 21 of 33 (145 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Evilisk wrote:

Definitely agreed on more Japanese characters. Not anime characters though, they've got their own crossover coming up anyway just wait for that if you really want them.

For upcoming games, there's Soul Sacrifice, Dragon Crown and Disgaea D2.

And in general, RPG characters are really underrepresented. Almost every PS generation has had at least one notable RPG series and a few series have even lasted multiple generations:

-Gen 1: Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Alundra (3rd Party Wise: Final Fantasy 7)

-Gen 2: Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy,  (3rd Party Wise: Yakuza, Disgaea)

-Gen 3: Demon's Souls, Folklore, White Knight Chronicles (3rd Party Wise: Valkyria Chronicles)

-Multi Generational: Wild Arms, Soul Sacrifice, Arc the Lad (also FF, Yakuza, Disgaea)

-Portable: Jeanne D'Arc, Gravity Rush (it sort of counts) (also Disgaea) (yeah we need Disgaea)

There's more series I can't think of right now.

(Also Toro and Kuro have been in a Disgaea game, and Kiryu was in Hot Shots Golf. Why are they not in this game already?)

Toro and Kat are in. Kuro is Toro's assistant though

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 22 of 33 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

The King of All Cosmos! Cloud!  Big Boss!

Those will get the Japanese fans out of their seats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 33 (139 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I said "every PS generation has had at least one notable JRPG series" and I was just talking about how Disgaea and Playstation have crossed over before.

Message 24 of 33 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I think Sony has to get the rights from the characters respected companies in order for then to be in PS All Stars. But it is weird not seeing any Disgaea characters along with old gen rpg characters that are popular.
Message 25 of 33 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Well we couldn't get Cloud. We SHOULD have gotten Dart but didn't. (He's first party)

It is a little weird not having many Japanese characters in general.
Message 26 of 33 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

I agree we definetly need more Japp characters, I would say these are some of the best: Cloud, Snake, Sora, Tidus/Yuna/Auron and thats all I can think of atm

Message 27 of 33 (106 Views)
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Realistically we wont get anyone from Final Fantasy sadly.

Anyway, heres a small list. (mix of first and third party characters)

Yu Narukami

Etna

The King of All Cosmos

Dart Feld

Rudy Roughnight

Robbit

Big Boss

Dark Cloud rep.

Message 28 of 33 (103 Views)
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Well all those ideas are all up to those separate companies to decide! Only thing we can do is inform SSM of trying to negotiate with them and hopefully they'll be on boat with it.
Message 29 of 33 (81 Views)
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Apr 25, 2013

leostrike3 wrote:
Well all those ideas are all up to those separate companies to decide! Only thing we can do is inform SSM of trying to negotiate with them and hopefully they'll be on boat with it.

Pretty much.

Message 30 of 33 (74 Views)
0 Likes