Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: PS1 to PS2 to PS3 to Handheld Ratios

Apr 9, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
I don't understand this whole "We need more cartoony characters" thing going on. Why exactly do we need more cartoony characters?

People have been asking for Cloud and Sora a lot, guess we can't put them in because they are generic humanoids. You see how stupid that sounds?

Gabe Logan falls into that category too. Sure he's a guy with a gun. BUT he was very important to the PS1 and he's a classic PS1 character. Did I mention he was first party? And you know how this community is constantly crying for PS1 characters.

A character shouldn't be denied for being a human. If a character has importance to Playstation it shouldn't matter if they are a friggin' cartoon or not.

you make a very logical statement,but seeing gun characters time after time becomes very tiresome. having a different kind of character be it cartoony or not feels a bit needed imo. the gun is full of mid range characters or gun characters having a dlc with a more brawler feel would be welcomed in my book. but i also will not deny a character if it has sony history 

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 21 of 27 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9914 posts

Apr 9, 2013
I just hate seeing people say "No more humans" because then you're denying characters that could be unique.

Take Finn for example. Finn would be a magic user and a completely new playstyle would be added to the game. But because people don't want anymore humans people just push him aside. It's so ridiculous.

Or Dart from Legend of Dragoon. Here's a character that can do essentially the same things as Cloud, but because he's not a cartoon people think he wouldn't be unique.

Not every human carries a gun. Gabe Logan does, but he has done a hell of a lot for PS so he deserves a spot. Guns or not.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 22 of 27 (133 Views)
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Apr 9, 2013
nasrulez explains it.
Message 23 of 27 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I don't care if new characters are from PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 or PS5. As long as they have an interesting and creative moveset I'm all out for them xD

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Message 24 of 27 (119 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Apr 9, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
I just hate seeing people say "No more humans" because then you're denying characters that could be unique.

Take Finn for example. Finn would be a magic user and a completely new playstyle would be added to the game. But because people don't want anymore humans people just push him aside. It's so ridiculous.

Or Dart from Legend of Dragoon. Here's a character that can do essentially the same things as Cloud, but because he's not a cartoon people think he wouldn't be unique.

Not every human carries a gun. Gabe Logan does, but he has done a hell of a lot for PS so he deserves a spot. Guns or not.

This man speaks the truth!

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 25 of 27 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Apr 10, 2013

PSP and PS Vita don't really have that many characters. Most PSP or PS Vita games were PS1 and PS2 re-release or Spin-off (like Daxter, Ape Escape on the Loose, etc.) Potential Characters to represent PSP or PS Vita:

Kat (Gravity Rush)
Raven (Gravity Rush)
Yunica (Gravity Rush)
J'eanne D'Arc (J'eanne D'Arc)
Lil and Laarg (Escape Plan)
Uberhero (Patapon)
(Tearaway)

(Locoroco)

And Maybe Aveline de Grandpré (AC3: Liberation)

Message 26 of 27 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Tekn0tize wrote:
Apart from hardcore gamers who have been with Playstation since PS1, going with PS2 and PS3 characters is always goign to be the most popular choice.

I never had a PS1, so I don't raelly care about the characters, but throw in a Ps2 or PS3 character and I'll always favour it over PS1 characters unless the PS2/PS3 character is a truly boring character that adds no value to the game.

NEVER HAD A PS1!? I accidently Kudos your post

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 27 of 27 (76 Views)
0 Likes