Jun 14 2013
By: littlejcr Fender Bender 3239 posts

PSABR 2 Ideas threads.

[ Edited ]
18 replies 207 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

Come on everyone lets face it SSM has given up on us.  So I figure about now if anything in the future we would see an allstar 2 instead of fixes.  I made this thread for everyone, like me, who want to get creative with the allstars game.  Come up with your own ideas and post them here, or add onto other people's ideas.

For example here is my idea list:

Main Menu:

Story -  Essentially it would play like injustice/MK story.  You get cutscenes and chapters.  after each cutscene you play as a different character.  After a certain amount of battles (Ending with rival) it switches to another character.  For example start off with chapter 1 cole (good).  It could start off in new marais when cole gets a call from zeke about some crazy guys that seem to be conduits battling in the industrial area.  Cole would then set off to that section and find Sweet Tooth (Flaming head easily mistakible for conduit right?) and Kat (Gravity powers, again easy choice for conduit facing off.) you could do a 1v1v1 battle here and then the story would progress etc.

Arcade - Same as the current one pretty much :/ EDIT: Except different modes than just stock can be used.

Battle Royale - This would be your versus mode and through this menu you can find your online ranked and unranked matches.

Practice- Same

Battle options - Here you can change items and modes.  i'll add my own (new) mode ideas like allstar mode (supers) Endurance mode (Health bars) King of The hill (Can be offline too just by passing around remotes)

If anyone else have ideas for what they would like in allstars 2 (or heck if we get lucky a upgraded version for ps4) post them here i'm interested to see what people would have for ideas.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 1 of 19 (207 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: PSABR 2 Ideas threads.

Jun 14, 2013

a tournament mode (online and off) would be fun... like how the dragonball budokai ones are, 4 or 5 matches till you win a tournament

Message 2 of 19 (196 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jun 14, 2013

i think an offline tournament mode, like a round robin kind of thing.

30 characters this time (they should focus on ps1 and ps2 characters mainly also a few new ps4 characters like knack and deslin rowe)

a proper story mode with cut scenes 

arcade mode, similar to the one we have now but more options and no cut scenes. (nothing to do with story mode)

new look menus, somethink that looks good

make it so you can level up multipe characters at the one time

more unlockables, get rid of icons and background add more costumes, more minions etc

MOST importantly keep the gameplay mechanics as it is, for me its perfectly fine!

Message 3 of 19 (183 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Adventure Mode! Single or 2 players can participate in playing in adventuring through the plot of every franchise included.
Message 4 of 19 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Good Ideas liked the tournament idea (I played DBZ Boudakai games XD) I also agree that a new menu design (Something with flare) would be a nice improvement. And Leo's idea is nice but again gonna have to be careful there with smash fans...

Message 5 of 19 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jun 14, 2013
A good story mode, in my opinion, is when characters personally learn of the things that are going around them. Take Spike's for example, he's somewhat aware of the situation and to some degree is even aware of the anomalies of seeing other humans and creatures; given he's seen it all in the real world, through time, in space and inside the net.

Combine the things that make the game characters what they are and respectfully integrate them into a great story.

For example: Sweet tooth, through a Callisto scheme, could appear in Hell which could be escaped through with Kratos's assistance, which would lead them to the Monkey Park and would cause Spike to attack since they're not monkeys/look evil/could possibly be working for Specter.

Each story leads to an individual conclusion that can be a cliffhanger to a true ending; a tip from Persona 4 Arena ; which I thought had a great story. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 19 (167 Views)
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Suikodien wrote:
A good story mode, in my opinion, is when characters personally learn of the things that are going around them. Take Spike's for example, he's somewhat aware of the situation and to some degree is even aware of the anomalies of seeing other humans and creatures; given he's seen it all in the real world, through time, in space and inside the net.

Combine the things that make the game characters what they are and respectfully integrate them into a great story.

For example: Sweet tooth, through a Callisto scheme, could appear in Hell which could be escaped through with Kratos's assistance, which would lead them to the Monkey Park and would cause Spike to attack since they're not monkeys/look evil/could possibly be working for Specter.

Each story leads to an individual conclusion that can be a cliffhanger to a true ending; a tip from Persona 4 Arena ; which I thought had a great story. Smiley Happy

Glad you mentioned that lol P4A was awesome the way their story was made and its a good design for how to make a story.

Message 7 of 19 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Something similar to trophies in Smash Bros. I know it would be completely ripping off Smash Bros, but I can't be the only one who finds collecting trophies addicting. Something similar to that could greatly increase replay value.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 8 of 19 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I strongly disagree with the Character chapter Story Mode format. Here's why:

If you've played MK9 or Injustice, you'll notice character chapters are incredibly monotonous. Not only that, but after a character has their chapter, they just become a backdrop and are never really seen again.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 9 of 19 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jun 14, 2013
MK9 and Injustice, respectively, are done in a comic book-esque style while P4A began with a common goal, different storytelling, a viewpoint in character and ended, again respectively, with various endings that lead to a character's original/unique conclusion to their life.

Spike saves the world and goes back to a normal life
Kratos COULD find some resolution in the end to truly kill the gods.
Toro could become human and go with Kat to her world and be loved by humans.
Heiachi could promote Parappa if not to stay younger because "He's gotta believe" is youthful power.

Skies the limit with silly/ true endings.
Message 10 of 19 (145 Views)
0 Likes