Fender Bender
2956 posts

Re: PSAS Ultimate Update Full Change-List

Apr 9, 2014
^You paid for a character. You didn't pay to win.
secuekl
Message 191 of 399 (595 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014

I'm disappointed to see all the complaining. In my opinion, this is probably the most balanced version of allstars yet. A good 60-80% of the dumb stuff has been drastically toned now.

I think the problem is that people are only looking at their characters and they are comparing it to how they used to be rather than how the character plays out with the rest of the cast and with the new mechanics.

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but I'll use Evil Cole as an example. It seems people were hoping that Evil Cole's Giga Punch would get buffed in addition to the new landing mechanics despite the fact that the changes were meant to centralize level 2 gameplay rather than level 1 gameplay. To expect Evil Cole to be some sort of exception whereas other characters lose their level 1 supers and setups comes off as a bit strange to me.

Yeah, Good Cole kept a lot of his level 1 confirms...but they don't work in as many scenarios as they did previously. I consider myself to be a pretty casual player at this game...yet I've been beating a lot of random Good Coles with Toro of all characters. Good Cole is not nearly as ridiculous as he was before.

The game has changed for the better. Everyone may not see it yet but give it a chance. Try developing new strategies.

I fear that these knee-jerk reactions will come off as ungrateful to SMS. People wanted SMS to support the game after a year of inactivity. Well we finally got that support. Now, everyone seems unsatisified with that support. I can't say I understand this.

Message 192 of 399 (584 Views)
Fender Bender
2956 posts

Apr 9, 2014
^Yup. Anyone who says 1.11 was better than 1.12 has no idea what they're talking about and are blinded by bias and salt over their character being nerfed.
secuekl
Message 193 of 399 (570 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 9, 2014

*Utterly massacrated

Message 194 of 399 (561 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 9, 2014

And no, it's not pay 2 win. I got him when gun loop didn't even exist, since I liked how his playstile was. If he had been like this since that day, no way in hell I would've bought his dlc. He got Naridisked

Message 195 of 399 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2956 posts

Apr 9, 2014
^Ok... So you think he should be OP because you bought him.
Guess what? You also bought 20 other characters for $60. Only difference is that they were on the disc.
secuekl
Message 196 of 399 (548 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Never said I wanted him OP, lol. Just said that I fully d...

Apr 9, 2014

Never said I wanted him OP, lol. Just said that I fully disagree with what they have done. So does almost everyone else. They killed him completely. He could have been balanced if the mine and the plasma cutter cancel issue were fixed, along with some minor nerfs.

Message 197 of 399 (535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Never said I wanted him OP, lol. Just said that I fully d...

Apr 9, 2014

I want to be able to atleast use him, but patch made that semi-impossible

Message 198 of 399 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014

Weird... my friend just started liking Isaac again (dropped him at first after two weeks of release) today and picked him back up as one of his characters. Liked all the changes.  He hasn't used him for a year, but with this "clean slate" mentality (I guess) he likes how Isaac plays today.

I guess he is the only one that likes Isaac's changes.

Message 199 of 399 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014

Few issues I've noticed:

I haven't had a lot of time to test the game what with work and all, but based on what I played with Dan

- Level 2 will sometimes not track players or 2 orbs will follow a single player in 2s.

- Friendly fire!? Yeah...had a friendly cole throw a ratchet at me and I died. And I hit a team mate out of their level 2 with hammer.

( As far as the cole...he was killed by a Dante's level 1 while using his level 1. Cole was dead by the time ratchet hit me.)

A complaint I have....when 2 players are both using the same PS3, they seem to get an absurd amount of host advantage online. When it lags, they can do things like hit you before attacking on your screen. And because it's 2 of them, it's pretty bad at times. Especially with cross-play. I understand this is a netcode issue, but I would have really liked to see a filter option for Vita and Local co-op for better connectivity. 

Also, the music seems to cutout sometimes around the "BAATTLE" part of the song. Killing the announcers voice as well.

Message 200 of 399 (508 Views)
0 Likes