Feb 27 2013
By: ryumitch1 Uncharted Territory 1564 posts

Playstation 'Might Be Allstars In The Future' Battle Royale

18 replies 473 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

So, I'm making this thread in the light of the new character announcements. I personally don't understand the addition of Zeus as a character, it was just a quick move at making some money without having to licence a character. Isaac is an interesting addition, I don't personally play the Deadspace games, but I'd expect people will like this.

This really brings me to my next point. Is he a Playstation all star though? What does the term actually mean? Can we remember the characters in this game for being a huge part of playstation? For the most part of the roster, it's actually a 'no' to be honest, some of them might deserve the title in say, 10 years time.

Too many characters have appeared that have barely even made their stamp on playstation, Dante was even on this game before his first official game was released (not including the previous DMC games, obviously).

Just look at those videos Sony posted on youtube before the PS4 annoucement. Going through the consoles from PS1right up until now. Every console marking its step in history. Emphasis on the PS1 for being a breakthrough technology, the PS2 for selling a vast amount of consoles. But for some reason, I feel that therer has been some kind of neglect, more so for the ps1, in this game. I made this picture, look at that character incline. (These dates are their first appearance, so even if it was a minor part, it's still technically their first appearance) :

ghhggh.jpg

Obviously there isn't much we can do now, but I really hope that in any more DLC that might be released, I hope to see some older characters in an attempt to tip the scales up a bit.

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 19 (473 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Re: Playstation 'Might Be Allstars In The Future' Battle Royale

Feb 27, 2013

their is no playstation allstrars in this game besides sweet tooth. But he is bassed of his NEW game. It would of been better if they integrated the ps1/2 games as well. Sir dan was just a **bleep** fail of a character

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 2 of 19 (454 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Yep, even the older characters are actually newer concepts, take raiden for example. I disagree with Sir Dan though, I genuinely loved his games, unfortunately he is just not fun to use in this game.

This game has stared to feel more like an advertisement campaign rather than it's own unique game. Every DLC character has obviously been a ploy to allow those games to make some money.

Message 3 of 19 (443 Views)
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

SniperWolf323 wrote:

their is no playstation allstrars in this game besides sweet tooth. But he is bassed of his NEW game. It would of been better if they integrated the ps1/2 games as well. Sir dan was just a **bleep** fail of a character

Now thats just biased... Parappa and Spike and Sir Dan and Heihachi are all Playstation All Stars because they all were in games that were either cult classics or system sellers for the Playstation and helped Playstation lift off. And Toro helped sell systems in Japan. And Kat was a system seller for the Vita....

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 19 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Feb 27, 2013

SniperWolf323 wrote:

I disagree with that, what you said is just plain closed minded...

To original post: Good discovery, and i do hope it gets a bit more balanced, but the time periods they are missing the most are filled with crash bandicoot, Original ratchet, Spyro, (Ty the Tasmanian tiger (for Hiachi's era)), I really struggle with the rest, my Ps2 was buried in Final Fantasy, and Dragon Ball Z as far as i can remember, i'll try to keep tabs on this.

Message 5 of 19 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 27, 2013

narrasand436 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Now thats just biased... Parappa and Spike and Sir Dan and Heihachi are all Playstation All Stars because they all were in games that were either cult classics or system sellers for the Playstation and helped Playstation lift off.

^Right. I personally don't like parappa, but I understand why he's here. I want more characters like them, because there simply isn't enough emphasis on the older era.

Message 6 of 19 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18882 posts

Feb 27, 2013

If you map the characters in relation to the most recent game release, I think we'd see it trending a lot more to very recent games. 

We got the "new" Dante for the new DmC, the new Raiden for the new MGS spinoff, and now we have two GoW characters with a new GoW game coming out, a new Sly game was just released too. I don't mind them promoting some new games, but I think this game leans too heavily towards promoting new games and characters and not enough throwbacks to classic characters and fans.

Message 7 of 19 (410 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 27, 2013

AngelGozen wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

I disagree with that, what you said is just plain closed minded...

To original post: Good discovery, and i do hope it gets a bit more balanced, but the time periods they are missing the most are filled with crash bandicoot, Original ratchet, Spyro, (Ty the Tasmanian tiger (for Hiachi's era)), I really struggle with the rest, my Ps2 was buried in Final Fantasy, and Dragon Ball Z as far as i can remember, i'll try to keep tabs on this.

Thanks. Yeh its really odd that they have an all stars game that goes up hill as it reaches this generation.

Message 8 of 19 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

Feb 27, 2013

ryumitch1 wrote:

narrasand436 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Now thats just biased... Parappa and Spike and Sir Dan and Heihachi are all Playstation All Stars because they all were in games that were either cult classics or system sellers for the Playstation and helped Playstation lift off.

^Right. I personally don't like parappa, but I understand why he's here. I want more characters like them, because there simply isn't enough emphasis on the older era.

Lets be honest here...This DLC pack with Zeus and Issac is only meant to gain sales for GOW:A And DS3

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 9 of 19 (398 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 27, 2013

coreno wrote:

If you map the characters in relation to the most recent game release, I think we'd see it trending a lot more to very recent games. 

We got the "new" Dante for the new DmC, the new Raiden for the new MGS spinoff, and now we have two GoW characters with a new GoW game coming out, a new Sly game was just released too. I don't mind them promoting some new games, but I think this game leans too heavily towards promoting new games and characters and not enough throwbacks to classic characters and fans.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Could you imagine how that picture looked if I put it to 'latest games' instead? 

Message 10 of 19 (393 Views)
0 Likes