Big Daddy
18884 posts

Re: Playstation 'Might Be Allstars In The Future' Battle Royale

Feb 27, 2013

narrasand436 wrote:

ryumitch1 wrote:

narrasand436 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

their is no playstation allstrars in this game besides sweet tooth. But he is bassed of his NEW game. It would of been better if they integrated the ps1/2 games as well. Sir dan was just a **bleep** fail of a character

Now thats just biased... Parappa and Spike and Sir Dan and Heihachi are all Playstation All Stars because they all were in games that were either cult classics or system sellers for the Playstation and helped Playstation lift off.

^Right. I personally don't like parappa, but I understand why he's here. I want more characters like them, because there simply isn't enough emphasis on the older era.

Lets be honest here...This DLC pack with Zeus and Issac is only meant to gain sales for GOW:A And DS3

Exactly!

Message 11 of 19 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

If we took  the time to look at the list of upcoming Playstation games I am fairly certain at least one character from a game on the list is going to be the May DLC. That is of course unless they do this again in April... Then Im just gonna quit the game.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 12 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I'm expecting someone from Tomb Raider and maybe an RE:Revealations rep.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 13 of 19 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Feb 27, 2013
instead of focusing on these latest game characters, they should be focusing on characters from the days which really made PS consoles unique. as much as i like the third party characters, even abe, i dont know whether they belong on this game (apart from characters who started sony exclusive like heihachi

would love to see (personally) which would bring in a lot of old fans (even those who had a ps1 in the day and now have an xbox, these characters may have influenced them to spend money on sony)

original ps1 crash and spyro. although its almost impossible to revive the classic characters, i personally believe they both died after their ps1 days
tombi, ps1 classic, fav game Smiley Tongue
kula world, maybe an item
andy, heart of darkness, awesome game
pandemonium jester guy or girl
girl or boy off 40 winks
klonoa, havent played but looks like a suitable character

people (especially SB/SSM) are forgeting some of the great classics and if they could tap into our nostalgic memories they'd hit a gold mine AND give us what we want

also other characters that i know as sony from psp is locoroco and patapon

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 14 of 19 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Nice Job. Kudos!
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 15 of 19 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

I'm 25 and I can remember all these old characters that seem like allstars to me, but I think you would be surprised to see how fragmented Sony's fanbase is. It's what held this game back a little. Newer players haven't played the old games and remember growing up with the characters that came out in the 2000's. I'm not mad that older games aren't making it in this game. It's still fun to play and I expect more companies to have faith in a PS4 sequel so that we can get even more characters (and possibly, characters from old franchises.

Edit: I also figure that they have been working on all these DLC characters for a long time, and that yes, a lot of them will be for newer games because that's who's making games nowadays - newer companies.

Message 16 of 19 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 27, 2013
And this is why Smash Brothers will always have a better roster, this game does NOT represent Playstation as well as it should.
Message 17 of 19 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Being an older gamer, the only character I was truly familiar with when I first played PSABR was Sweet Tooth. Even old characters like Parappa and Sir Dan felt too new for me. It's a very unconventional roster but if you play it as more of a fighting game, characters you're not a fan of or aren't familiar with, you'll probably grow to like playing as, and eventually grow to like them.

Message 18 of 19 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 28, 2013

ZenTripleFour wrote:

Being an older gamer, the only character I was truly familiar with when I first played PSABR was Sweet Tooth. Even old characters like Parappa and Sir Dan felt too new for me. It's a very unconventional roster but if you play it as more of a fighting game, characters you're not a fan of or aren't familiar with, you'll probably grow to like playing as, and eventually grow to like them.

Really? Not even Heihachi? But yeh, not much gives the idea of early Playstation.

Message 19 of 19 (67 Views)
0 Likes