Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Re: Presentation Ideas for the Sequel

Apr 18, 2013

Negimafan, I really appreciate that you're keeping this thread alive. I've been a little busy lately but I think I'll be able to add a few more ideas now.

And feel free to add your own if you have any!

Message 51 of 102 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I stated this earlier in the thread but I'll mention it again. I would love to see win quotes for every character in the sequel like in MvC3. If you don't know what I'm talking about here's what I mean.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 52 of 102 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

seganintendoubi wrote:

I stated this earlier in the thread but I'll mention it again. I would love to see win quotes for every character in the sequel like in MvC3. If you don't know what I'm talking about here's what I mean.

Yeah, I think Street Fighter 4 and Tekken have these too. Wouldn't mind seeing this! 

Message 53 of 102 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

And feel free to add your own if you have any!

I had one in mind.

The sequel should have special Intros/Outros for 1v1 and 2v2. Currently they're mostly based around free-for-all, and most of them are generic quotes that could be aimed at anybody.

MvC uses the same intro for every character, but with new quote applied depending on who they're fighting. We need that badly, so we can hear the All-Stars reacting to each other's weirdness (epecially Drake's opinion of Sweet Tooth).

2v2 intros/outros could meanwhile follow Tekken Tag logic where certain combinations get hilarious or bad@$$ results while others stay generic (if the pairing makes no sense). 2v2 has really become a primary focus in the competetive scene over free-for-all, and the sequel should reflect this.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 54 of 102 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I am glad I saw this thread. I agree on everything that has been suggested. I would also love to see special two v two intros!
But thinking big here, I would love to see customizable intros.

For instance, one could have a selection of five different movements for intros and outros and 8 different quotes going into and out of battle. THEN still have something like the win quotes from MvC.

And if they wanted to get really tricky, have two different intro/outros for each different set of tag team characters.
Message 55 of 102 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Quick update!

So I've decided that I'm going to add a few community suggested ideas to the OP so that they can be easily seen on the front page. Obviously I won't be able to add every idea to the OP, so I'll try to start adding both the most popular or kudoed ideas on this thread and others, as well as ideas that I personally think deserve more recognition. 

Community suggested ideas will be in green, and ideas that I've suggested will be in red. So keep the ideas coming guys!

Message 56 of 102 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I'll gladly bumpity bump this thread. Because right now I'm only hoping for a sequel.

Message 57 of 102 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Something that i posted a while back about the main menu was i had wished they mimicked the God of War 3 main menu.
Photobucket
Message 58 of 102 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Apr 23, 2013

I wish they could have team taunt in 2 vs 2 matches, high fives, etc. And when you kill the other team at once or all players in free for all the camera would zoom to the character(s) and do something epic, like parappa hits the screen and says "Who's posing now!?" Smiley Wink

Message 59 of 102 (350 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

May 4, 2013
Bringing back this thread. Anyways, something I would like to see in the sequel is a Buzz! mini game that goes over Playstation trivia and history, think of Dreamscape, expect it plays like Buzz.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 60 of 102 (308 Views)
0 Likes