Uncharted Territory
1151 posts

Re: Presentation Ideas for the Sequel

Jun 24, 2013

PSone characters are the Gem treasures to get  more hardcore gamers that grew up with Playstation since the begining. 

As i read fans comments such as Facebook, forums and Youtube, requesting characters that started from the 90s are the most i hear of and most have been saying they dont have the game and would get it if their wanted character is in. 

Message 61 of 102 (333 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jun 25, 2013

One of the things I've noticed in All-Stars is how boring the pre-fight loading is. Just larger versions of the character select pics. Half the time the icons aren't even like the person is ready to duke it out! I feel like the loading screen needs to have a different feeling. One that basically makes you feel like you have to fight with whatever it takes to win. 

At first I thought different pictures would be fine, but it got a different idea: instead of all four characters in a line, make it a 2 by 2 square. Then, maybe add some pics of the characters ready for battle, all facing the center of the square from their respective box (basically say P1 is Jak, he would be in the top-right corner. Maybe for that Jak would be aiming his Blaster towards the center of the entire box. But if he's P3 in the box below, maybe he'd aim his Peacemaker up towards the center, see?). I would really add of sense of actual battle to warm you up for the fight. Hope you like my idea Smiley Very Happy

All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 62 of 102 (314 Views)
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Just updated the OP with a few more community suggestions. Check em out!

And interesting idea digitalman. I totally agree that the pre-fight loading screens are boring, and your idea would definitely help spice it up. Only problem I could see is that this would mean that the developers would have to create at least 4 portraits per character, maybe even more for 1v1 and 3 player matches.

Message 63 of 102 (291 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Glad you like it. I could see that being an issue, but if it's a 1v1 thing, they can use like the top left corner and bottom right, or vice versa, and they could probaby stay for 1v3. Glad to contribute! Smiley Very Happy

All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 64 of 102 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Yeah that could work for 1v1. But 1v1v1 would be the only issue. 

Message 65 of 102 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Dude those ideas are awesome really I hope that sony do a sequel because the game is fun to play very addictive XD

Message 66 of 102 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Thanks! Glad more people are becoming aware of this thread and liking the ideas. Don't forget to discuss a few of your own!

Message 67 of 102 (207 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jun 30, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Yeah that could work for 1v1. But 1v1v1 would be the only issue. 

Well just 3 boxes then, one for each player slot  Smiley Happy

Message 68 of 102 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
446 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Spectator mode! Allow a number of people simply to watch each match. They could have a separate microphone channel. Maybe even allow players to watch random matches of a certain belt so they can observe high level play and give great players a better shot at recognition.
Message 69 of 102 (178 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jul 27, 2013

How about what injustice did? Have four distinct character "Poses" that coincide with their position in the selection screen? And then have that show on the loading screen. Like, say, Radecs crouched and pointing a gun towards the center if he's player one, if he's player two, he's jumping towards the center with a knife slightly to the right, that sorta thing. Maybe drakes swinging in on his rope things, or Sackboys jumping in with his poppit. It would make the loading screen much more dynamic.

Message 70 of 102 (142 Views)
0 Likes