Feb 04 2013
By: KMart0002 Uncharted Territory 1526 posts

Radec Needs a Buff

[ Edited ]
74 replies 397 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

You can choose to ignore this, I'm in a rather upset mood at the moment:
I can't take it anymore. I've tried so hard with Radec, since the closed beta. I've tried so many tactics, know his AP Burst combos, regular combos, wake up attacks, all sorts of stuff. But I still can't get much done with him. He needs a buff, of SOME SORT. I just can't compete with him anymore. I've put so much time into him yet I feel I've wasted it. Sadly I feel Radec is so clunky that he would actually need new moves entirely, to replace some rather weak and useless attacks. The worst part is that Superbot most likely won't view this, and nothing will happen to Radec. Why is he not in the bottom three like Heihachi, Spike and Dante? Because all people do is use him to f*cking spam that sniper rifle. Seriously it's starting to annoy me that they waste a character like that. Sure other characters are abused and spammed as well but they'll at least throw in other attacks here and there. Radec spammers don't even know how to operate in CQC. Radec's moves are punishable, like Dante (but not to the extent that you can easily kill him with a super from a whiff, said for maybe one attack), and he doesn't have much to make up for it. I can't tell you specifically what buffs he could use, cause I'm rather flustered at the moment, but I know it isn't AP gain. Honestly they should make the sniper have to reload, that would at least help with the spammers and Superbot will realize that without the sniper, there isn't much you can do. His matchups, he doesn't even really have any good matchups, I've been playing him for so long and I STILL can't think of a good matchup for him, if anyone has good knowledge of a character, they'll just destroy Radec. I really can't do this anymore with Radec...and I feel sad cause I love his character. Well I guess I'll just go away now. Superbot, if by some crazy chance you stumble upon this, you should review Radec as a fighter. Either that, or some Radec guru tell me the secret to using this character. Everyone who knows me knows I've used Radec for ages, and I've tried every tactic I can think of, and it still just doesn't work. Well, end rant lol. Can't believe I came down and said this, I truly feel pathetic talking like this, but I need to let off some steam.

photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 75 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Radec Needs a Buff

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Hmm...pretty sure I've seen you in quick matches before. lol...

I'd be willing to play you in a Radec mirror match...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 75 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

I main Radec but I have kinda given up hope on him and moved on to Ratchet.

Radec is way too map dependent in that his main AP gaining moves (sniper and machine gun) work only on completely flat surfaces even his level 2 super is horizontal (though it's pretty **bleep** awesome i must admit).

No matter how much I tried, Radec is just inferior on certain maps and against certain characters. He's okayish in FFA.

Radec is my favourite character :smileysad:

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 75 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I've been there, man. I practically go there every time I play this game. It's kind of crazy that I keep going back to it, actually.

I suggest you take a break for a couple days and come back with a fresh mind. It usually helps.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 75 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Alright. I'll agree with you to an extent. He needs more up close options. I really really wish his ground neutral square actually DID something. You can't really combo with it, you can't do anything with it, it has ending lag and is punishable. It's an almost completely useless move. His up square should actually function as an uppercut, I feel. Instead of starting above his head, make a quick upward swipe motion in front of him so he can do something with it maybe. Neutral triangle and down triangle could just use a little... something, imo. His forward circle does cover him, but it doesn't cover him very well. His up circle isn't a fast anti-air, isn't very good at combos, and it doesn't hold people like it could or should. I get at most 3 hits out of it and almost no option of a follow-up. Just my personal views as to what's wrong with Radec.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 75 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I'm interested in actually seeing if you've truly "tried everything" by playing you in a mirror match...

Curiousty...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 75 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

Feb 4, 2013
^And I agree with those statements. Other characters, a lot of their moves are useful in some way, but Radec just has a gap...it's no wonder everyone would only use his sniper, but even so, it's not that great. I don't want Radec OP, he doesn't need god moves like the giga punch or anything, just something I can work with. I don't think Superbot has seen me play Radec but I try ALL tactics, and it just still doesn't work...I hate making a buff thread cause it makes me look weak, but I've really tried so much with Radec...his meta game is just...wacked out, cluttered, just idk.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 75 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Ugh fine Bomb, lets get this over with.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 75 (359 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10750 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I'm not gonna lie: the Radec from the intro video is way cooler. I mean, how awesome does he look pulling out his knife and going invisible?

What I think SHOULD have been done was have Radec's moves stay mostly the same (read: gun/range oriented), but have his up+triangle turn him invisible for around 7 seconds. Then, while invisible, all of his moves become brutal (looking) close range or melees attacks. It would give him combo potential, and look awesome. Kind of like a stance. Dropping in and out of invisibility, pullih of sweet combos? Outstanding idea johngie, outstanding.

But it'll never happen :'(
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 75 (356 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Feb 4, 2013

KMart0002 wrote:
Ugh fine Bomb, lets get this over with.

What's with the "ugh?"...if you don't want to then you don't have to.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 75 (352 Views)
0 Likes