Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Re: Radec Needs a Buff

Feb 4, 2013
^like I said, the reason he isn't bottom three is cause people abuse the sniper :/ but yes, GGs. I don't want this character to die on me, so hopefully Superbot notices somewhere down the line...
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 21 of 75 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7287 posts

Feb 4, 2013

inb4Lombax-Ninja

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii483/Toro_Inoue/Toro_Inoue001/BeFunky_SuperPipo_zps41db4094jpg_zpsacddeaca.jpg

Message 22 of 75 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Feb 4, 2013
He needs vertical defense, but I cant personally say he needs a buff. Whenever I stop playing jak and heihachi and use radec I feel godlike but hes difficult to play in 1v1.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 23 of 75 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 4, 2013

KMart, it's pity to read this, I thought you were doing really well with Radec, looking at your video thread. What happened that caused your change in mind?

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 24 of 75 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Feb 4, 2013

well i have thought about it since i read this before i left for work but i think if he were to have his moves revamped, why not have one button be his cloaking until he attacks (not cloaked as long as you hold said button). this will help with his sniper set ups, confuse opponent and allowing you to get distance, sneaking up for melee or grab attack since he has good combo potential from his up grab. idk just a thought.

#ClownTroops
Message 25 of 75 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
826 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Looks like I need to bump my radec buff/rebuild thread. It has 6 pages atm with some good ideas in it (including my own). I think if we get 10+ pages of good suggestions they might notice it. I used to use radec only nonlinear but I ben playing other characters. Now I can't even play radec serious Atm. I need some motivation. KMART BTW whenever you are down and I have free time maybe we can 1 v 1.
Message 26 of 75 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I have seen superbot developers comment on these threads. There's been a ton of radec talk, and I've noticed a small rise in radec players online. They have to take notice, since this game dropped people stereotype Radec's as spammers. Radec has his flaws, but come the next batch of dlc after feb. I have a good feeling radec, ST, and BD will be next for buffs.

I've been in the same boat, it's crazy how well I can do with radec, and other times he just gets outclassed too easily. I've been trying to find some new tactics with him still one involving spinning his down square grenade, but I think the wall combo set ups are all he has really going for him.

As fOr his moveset, I find it relatively solid, no need to give him a new moveset, just tweak his current one a bit... I don't want to go crazy but these seem to be some good ideas:

His forward square is good, but very punishable. I'd like the ability to be able to just forward slash with his knife, with the option to pistol blast( like how ratchet can cancel his third pistol blast that knocks back).

I think his up square should serve as an uppercut. Again, I find it silly he can't square square up square, unless it's BD.

I'd like an ability to be able to knife parry or go invisible. If it was to replace a move I'd replace it with his arc cannon up circle.

Hopefully this would help beef up his game slightly. This guy has only a handful of decent matches and even those aren't much in his favor. His projectiles are somewhat uses on th smaller characters, and he is somewhat map dependant. And a fromunda said for a projectile character he gets out camped very easily against ratchets and the Coles.

I am super excited to see how radec plays with emmett tho.

Message 27 of 75 (105 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Feb 4, 2013
@DarkErazor
If you look at these comments, some of these people are big Radec mains, especially Fat_Slapper and even HE agrees that he needs some fixing. He doesn't need too much because I could work greatly off of what Superbot would change with him. We need to get Superbot's attention on this. His existing moves should have more properties for them, or even replace a move (I was thinking up circle as well). I don't like making a buff thread, really. It's weak. But I've had enough with it. As Fromundaman said, you find the exploits and counter them, Radec just becomes terrible. Ask Fat_Slapper, I try all kinds of tactics but the only way they would work is against another Radec, I've tried against other characters and they don't work cause Radec doesn't have flexibility. And yesterday I was in the heat of the moment, that's why I made this, but I still do believe he needs tweaks.
Message 28 of 75 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Feb 4, 2013

hes fine against amateur players but when it comes to really good players... my my hes alot of work XD 

photo ak0mq_zpsbdfaa4d4.gif
Message 29 of 75 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Feb 4, 2013
^That's the point haha against regular players I'm fine, but against tournament players...you have to work so hard, but your tactics still don't pull through for you :/ I want to be a high-level Radec player, but he needs more tricks up his sleeve, like Sly Cooper. Yes, the bolt gun and surprise grenade have their tactics but everything else is just a blunt approach that can soon be figured out. The only high-level thing I can say about Radec is that he is the wall bounce master, and his machine gun is good for chip damage/wake up as well as his bolt gun.
Message 30 of 75 (79 Views)
0 Likes