Dec 18 2012
By: MachoMoustachio Wastelander 530 posts

Raiden Level 2 Super Glitch

8 replies 1110 views Edited Dec 18, 2012
Raiden's Level 2 Super, known as "Blade Mode", seems to have fallen victim to some kind of bug or nerf since the most recent patch and I'm posting this topic to make this more aware to SuperBot and players alike, if it hasn't already been posted.

Anyway, the main point and what's wrong. In his Level 2 Super, Raiden enters a rage mode and produces an energy field that freezes opponents in his immediate vicinity in place for a few moments, allowing him to get kills using his katana and also makes him faster to attack any opponents not caught in or having escaped the energy field.

Pressing either Square or Triangle while in Blade Mode allows Raiden to attack quickly, killing opponents he makes contact with and pressing Circle sends out another quick energy field to freeze enemies again. However, moving the Right Analog Stick during Blade Mode allowed Raiden to use Zan Datsu which let him create precise slices on his opponents before killing them and while this made his attacks slower and take more time, AP would be dropped by the players who were killed using Zan Datsu. When Raiden currently attempts Zan Datsu, his opponents can only be sliced once and then instantly freed from the attack, which never used to happen before the most recent patch.

I hope SuperBot can fix this unfortunate bug or buff Raiden's Level 2 Super back to its intended functionality. Anyone else care to weigh in?
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,110 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Re: Raiden Level 2 Super Glitch

Dec 18, 2012
They done that to nerf him a bit when the sackboy patch was released. Just about everyone know this by now.
all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I agree, loved using zan datsu but it is rendered useless now.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,097 Views)
Wastelander
530 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I don't understand why the element of the Super that takes more risk would be the part that gets patched?

It was a horrible decision on SuperBot's part in my opinion, it made the Zan Datsu not worth trying and is practically useless.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,097 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

You can still kill with it by pressing "right analog stick, square" Its just not as fast now.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,091 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
530 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Yes, however, gaining the kill solely with Zan Datsu is what made the opponents drop their AP which was a pivotal element in attempting the Right Analog Stick motions to gain kills since it also gave Raiden an upper-hand, allowing his to grab some bonus AP.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Ive never seen anybody use it since its much easier just to get the quick kills. I think they should completely take out the quick kills for his level 2 and make people rely on his zan datsu to get multiple kills because as of right now its not even worth using before or after the patch.

ouyofo.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Dec 18, 2012
plus I just checked in training mode right now and using the zan datsu only gives YOU ap (which isnt that significant) and doesn't take away any of your opponent's ap

ouyofo.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Bardonic wrote:
They done that to nerf him a bit when the sackboy patch was released. Just about everyone know this by now.

If they wanted to nerf it why not get rid of it completely instead of breaking it?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (867 Views)
0 Likes