Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Re: E-mail Beyond for Dart

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

I know I posted something like this a million times, but I just like to make sure I don't include anything that discourages them from supporting.

Hello, Beyond crew

I know you guys are big fans of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, so I fought this would be something you would support.

About a week ago, Mike Edwards, one of the character designers for All-Stars, revealed in his portfolio that Dart, from the PS1 cult classic "Legend of Dragoon" was planned as DLC for the game. However, due to the low sales of Zeus and Isaac Clarke, both him and his rival were scrapped. It's unknown who his rival is, but it's believed to Abe from the Oddworld series, who a couple months ago, was rumored to be cancelled, however this was nothing official. Unlike Abe, there is actual proof that Dart was planned as DLC.

*Insert picture of Dart here*

Due to this, Mike Edward's website was quickly removed, but not before the internet caught it. This reveal was a shocking one to not just the All-Stars community, but Dragoon fans. Dart was one of the most requested first party characters for All-Stars, some people would of even bought the game is he was included. It was a sad day for both All-Stars and Dragoon fans.

However, the fans aren't giving up yet! Goniloc of linkters.com and the official PlayStation All-Stars forums has decided to start a campaign to get Dart back into production! The All-Stars forums have dubbed it, "The Dragon Campaign."

All you have to do tweet @SonySantaMonica, @PlayStation, and @yosp requesting them to allow Dart to be made, along with the hashtag #ReleaseDart. We also ask that people tweet to them with respect. So far we've actually gotten a bit accomplished, Santa Monica Studios is fully aware of the campaign and we've gotten over 1,000 individual tweets in the first couple days of the campaign. We also got the attention of a couple gaming websites, including IGN of Russia, if you don't believe me, take a look. http://ru.ign.com/news/3650/dart-iz-legend-of-dragoon-all-stars-battle-royale We have a petition to go along with this, we almost have 1,000 tweets by the time I'm writing, 250 were gained on the very first day of the campaign. https://www.change.org/petitions/sony-release-dart-as-playstation-all-stars-dlc

Let's get this out of the way, we all know what Shuhei Yoshida said in terms of All-Stars getting more content. But you know what, we want that to change. The campaign isn't just about getting Dart into the game, but to show that All-Stars has a strong and dedicated fanbase. One that wants to see it become a full grown series. One that loves the game to death.

We're sending this to you because our campaign needs publitcy. We can't be lazy and just assume that the momentum we have is enough to drive this through. We love this game, and we want the best for it.
                                                                                                                             Thank you for reading this Beyond crew

And as usual, anything to add? Remove?
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Message 1051 of 1,839 (250 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Re: #ReleaseDart Campaign. Please help out, we can do this!

Jul 12, 2013

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

True, but this game isn't worth their time? Do you think that they just sit around, scratching their butts all day? They are developing other games, no one is going to be like "Hey lets put time and effort into a game that we or barley anyone cares about!".

Well, people obviously do care, given how active this forum and others still are.

And here's the thing:  SSM may be developing other games, but since this game was handed to them around four months ago, they've still done nothing for it, nor have they even tried.  From the moment they knew that they'd be getting this game to work on, don't you think they could've at least assembled a small team on the side during all this time?

At least this campaign is trying to retrieve the last shred of support this game was supposed to receive.  If we do nothing, then there's pretty much a 100% chance that the game will never get anything again-- perhaps not even a sequel.

I'm pretty sure 1000 people or one or two forums aren't going to make them want to waste their time on this game.

That's exactlly it, it was handed to them, why would they take that on, the game is dead, no one really cares and I'm sure people would want a new GOW over some crappy SSB rip-off

Stop being so pesimistic, theirs always a chance for a sequel, the fact that this game was so badly advertised almost makes it seem like it barley exists and nobody will really remember it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 1052 of 1,839 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Re: E-mail Beyond for Dart

Jul 12, 2013

seganintendoubi wrote:

I know I posted something like this a million times, but I just like to make sure I don't include anything that discourages them from supporting.

Hello, Beyond crew

I know you guys are big fans of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, so I fought this would be something you would support.

About a week ago, Mike Edwards, one of the character designers for All-Stars, revealed in his portfolio that Dart, from the PS1 cult classic "Legend of Dragoon" was planned as DLC for the game. However, due to the low sales of Zeus and Isaac Clarke, both him and his rival were scrapped. It's unknown who his rival is, but it's believed to Abe from the Oddworld series, who a couple months ago, was rumored to be cancelled, however this was nothing official. Unlike Abe, there is actual proof that Dart was planned as DLC.

*Insert picture of Dart here*

Due to this, Mike Edward's website was quickly removed, but not before the internet caught it. This reveal was a shocking one to not just the All-Stars community, but Dragoon fans. Dart was one of the most requested first party characters for All-Stars, some people would of even bought the game is he was included. It was a sad day for both All-Stars and Dragoon fans.

However, the fans aren't giving up yet! Goniloc of linkters.com and the official PlayStation All-Stars forums has decided to start a campaign to get Dart back into production! The All-Stars forums have dubbed it, "The Dragon Campaign."

All you have to do tweet @SonySantaMonica, @PlayStation, and @yosp requesting them to allow Dart to be made, along with the hashtag #ReleaseDart. We also ask that people tweet to them with respect. So far we've actually gotten a bit accomplished, Santa Monica Studios is fully aware of the campaign and we've gotten over 1,000 individual tweets in the first couple days of the campaign. We also got the attention of a couple gaming websites, including IGN of Russia, if you don't believe me, take a look. http://ru.ign.com/news/3650/dart-iz-legend-of-dragoon-all-stars-battle-royale We have a petition to go along with this, we almost have 1,000 tweets by the time I'm writing, 250 were gained on the very first day of the campaign. https://www.change.org/petitions/sony-release-dart-as-playstation-all-stars-dlc

Let's get this out of the way, we all know what Shuhei Yoshida said in terms of All-Stars getting more content. But you know what, we want that to change. The campaign isn't just about getting Dart into the game, but to show that All-Stars has a strong and dedicated fanbase. One that wants to see it become a full grown series. One that loves the game to death.

We're sending this to you because our campaign needs publitcy. We can't be lazy and just assume that the momentum we have is enough to drive this through. We love this game, and we want the best for it.
                                                                                                                             Thank you for reading this Beyond crew

And as usual, anything to add? Remove?

Thats great!

Abe for All-Stars!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1053 of 1,839 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Their lowered sales expectations for CoD are in spite of the fact that the game's coming out on four or maybe even five different consoles.  The transfer should theoretically increase sales, but they're still saying it's gonna be lower.

Also, the Ascension sales show exactly the opposite of what you said.  Without marketing, PSAS is still in the top ten games on PSN and has sold over a million copies.  WITH marketing, Ascension has been a total failure by GoW's standards.  It's not even in June's top 20.  So why are they supporting the game that is MORE likely to die quickly?

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 1054 of 1,839 (224 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Jul 12, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Their lowered sales expectations for CoD are in spite of the fact that the game's coming out on four or maybe even five different consoles.  The transfer should theoretically increase sales, but they're still saying it's gonna be lower.

Also, the Ascension sales show exactly the opposite of what you said.  Without marketing, PSAS is still in the top ten games on PSN and has sold over a million copies.  WITH marketing, Ascension has been a total failure by GoW's standards.  It's not even in June's top 20.  So why are they supporting the game that is MORE likely to die quickly?

1. Nobody buys full games off the PSN store.

2. GOW is their main franchise, look how much money that series has made, and then compare it to PSAS. And just to let you guys know, keeping the servers online isn't free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 1055 of 1,839 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Ooh, using generalizations, are we? The reason Gaikai exists on PS4 is because downloading full several-GB games takes too long but has made Sony huge sums of money. If you're going to argue, try to get your facts straight. As for the second argument, I could point out the R&C movie as a counter to saying GoW is the main franchise, but that's nitpicking.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 1056 of 1,839 (214 Views)
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jul 12, 2013

The16thNinja wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

1. Nobody buys full games off the PSN store.

That's why 90% of people I've met who play PS3 buy half their games off the PSN Store....

Hardcore

Please use plain text.
Message 1057 of 1,839 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1358 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

Here's a little something for the campaign by yours truly.

Old Legends Unite!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1058 of 1,839 (185 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Bravo!
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Message 1059 of 1,839 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Jul 12, 2013

The16thNinja wrote:

God, you're all like a bunch of kids that won't shut up when they want something, usually they don't get it, SSM has better things to deal with than this game.

By better things you mean God Of War?  Wich reminds me I need to start my own campaign #ReleasePosiedon Seeming is that theyll most likely do that before dart.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 1060 of 1,839 (142 Views)
0 Likes