Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: SSM Keeps Dragging Their Feet...

May 17, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Sweet Tooth is a "villian", Radec is a "villian", BD is a "villian", Heihachi is a "villian", Zeus is a "villian".

Ah yes, but you see, who is the face of Twisted Metal, Killzone, Bioshock and Tekken?

Sweet Tooth has consistently been on the cover of every TM game, and is the most recognisable of the cast. For the longest time, I just knew Twisted Metal as "that violent car game with that clown guy". He is, in his own words, the RIGHT CHOICE.

The face of Killzone are the Helghast, and Radec is a high-ranking colonel, and a hell of a lot more recognisable than the generic space marines you play as. Just look at the cover of any of the games, and you'll see a Helghan mask staring at you. I may not have known Radec's name when he was announced, but I certainly recognised him as being a bad guy from Killzone.

Big Daddy is on the cover of the first Bioshock, because the character you play as, by Irrational's own admission, is a non-entity, designed for the player to fill his nondescript shoes. He is the de facto face of the series.

Heihachi has been a cover star of a good chunk of the Tekken games and is one of only four fighters to have been in every single game of the series, and out of those four is the most important to the overall plot.

Zeus is a guy who spent a good chunk of time behind the scenes and is only really recognisable to people who've played all the GoW games. To anyone outside that, he means nothing.

The other villains listed above are instantly recognised by a wider gaming audience. What character represents GoW best? Kratos. He was in already. Zeus is unnecessary.

And yes, it is perfectly acceptable to complain about Zeus' addition when YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR HIM. If you don't like his addition, you won't put up money for him, simple as that. And buying Ascension wasn't an option since I didn't care about that game, so I'd be spending more to get my "free" character. Much easier to just ignore Zeus and only pay for the character I do agree with being added and the excellent stage.

And you can argue about characters being relevant, but Sony aren't selling games with Zeus' face on them either, so I'd hardly say he was all that relevant himself.

Its not as if they are stealing money from your account and forcing you to purchase him. Obviously yes, its your choice to NOT pay a mere 5 bucks for a whole character.

People can be dissapointed that it was him, and not someone else, but to say he doesnt belong here is where i draw the line.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 79 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 17, 2013

You make great points but there is only one part i'm really going to pick at.  You are saying that these characters havent had a game in a while so that does not make them all stars.  Thinking like that is wrong (imho).   Spike for example.  He hasnt had a game for a while, and yet many people consider him an allstar.  Same goes for sir dan, and even the newer characters like Kratos and Kat. Those characters listed made those kind of connections with the players, but just because those characters listed don't have a new game that makes them obsolete to the playstation? Back onto the matter of zeus how ever I do not think enough people have that kind of connection with zeus's character to PlayStation. This is just the way I see the situation with zeus.  You of course may see things from a different perspective, some kind of view point on zeus that I cannot see.  In that case I only ask one thing.   Please explain to me your reasoning behind zeus being an allstar and zeus deserving a spot.  I ask this because I know a lot of people (myself included) do not like zeus that much, I just wann aknow how you see tings, who knows after hearing your reasoning you may change my opinion on the situation.

Beause, Zeus is one of the biggest antagonists in Playstation history. Including him would be the same as including the leading villian from any other series.

Granted, it doesnt help that he is the only same ip character on the roster that isnt the same person (Cole), and his inclusion would have made more sense in a sequal where they included multiple characters from an IP, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have a place in this game. He has every right to be here.

Imagine it like Smash, Link is included, is it a big deal that Gannondorf is included in Meele and Brawl? No, because it just brings more Nintendo characters together.

I will admit I am biased - Zeus is one of my most favorite characters (I like him more than Kratos, actually), and Im obviously a huge fan of the series. I hope you can atleast see my point of view- I dont mean to sound like a BlueDiamond, but I will defend my characters right to be in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 79 (202 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 17, 2013

littlejcr wrote:

TheShadowMan683 wrote:
I was angry at Zeus's inclusion at first, but then I realized, HE'S A NEW CHARACTER! He is a brand new character with a brand new moveset and brand new unlockables! Like someone said earlier (forget who it was) it's not like he took a spot for someone else, it was either him and Isaac, or just Isaac.

Zeus is a new character with new gameplay, isn't that what it should come to???

Long story short, please stop fighting -.-

This is the part when you ask if mommy and daddy are getting a divorce XD

Now now, Shadowman... just because we are splitting up doesnt mean we dont both love you <3

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 79 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1486 posts

May 17, 2013

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Sweet Tooth is a "villian", Radec is a "villian", BD is a "villian", Heihachi is a "villian", Zeus is a "villian".

Ah yes, but you see, who is the face of Twisted Metal, Killzone, Bioshock and Tekken?

Sweet Tooth has consistently been on the cover of every TM game, and is the most recognisable of the cast. For the longest time, I just knew Twisted Metal as "that violent car game with that clown guy". He is, in his own words, the RIGHT CHOICE.

The face of Killzone are the Helghast, and Radec is a high-ranking colonel, and a hell of a lot more recognisable than the generic space marines you play as. Just look at the cover of any of the games, and you'll see a Helghan mask staring at you. I may not have known Radec's name when he was announced, but I certainly recognised him as being a bad guy from Killzone.

Big Daddy is on the cover of the first Bioshock, because the character you play as, by Irrational's own admission, is a non-entity, designed for the player to fill his nondescript shoes. He is the de facto face of the series.

Heihachi has been a cover star of a good chunk of the Tekken games and is one of only four fighters to have been in every single game of the series, and out of those four is the most important to the overall plot.

Zeus is a guy who spent a good chunk of time behind the scenes and is only really recognisable to people who've played all the GoW games. To anyone outside that, he means nothing.

The other villains listed above are instantly recognised by a wider gaming audience. What character represents GoW best? Kratos. He was in already. Zeus is unnecessary.

And yes, it is perfectly acceptable to complain about Zeus' addition when YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR HIM. If you don't like his addition, you won't put up money for him, simple as that. And buying Ascension wasn't an option since I didn't care about that game, so I'd be spending more to get my "free" character. Much easier to just ignore Zeus and only pay for the character I do agree with being added and the excellent stage.

And you can argue about characters being relevant, but Sony aren't selling games with Zeus' face on them either, so I'd hardly say he was all that relevant himself.

Its not as if they are stealing money from your account and forcing you to purchase him. Obviously yes, its your choice to NOT pay a mere 5 bucks for a whole character.

People can be dissapointed that it was him, and not someone else, but to say he doesnt belong here is where i draw the line.

And I draw the line at someone saying he's more of an All-Star than most of the roster. Guess we just have to agree to disagree. You like Zeus' inclusion, while I think it was a stupid decision, and neither of us is going to be convinced otherwise, unfortunately.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Spike
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 79 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

May 17, 2013

They're not going to comment if they have nothing to comment about. They were handed the game while busy with their own. They need to evaluate what they're going to do then make decision then announce things once they're confirmed and in development.

You want them to say what? They already said they won't announce things until official and that they need to talk about what they want to do with the game first. Give them time.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 79 (160 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

May 17, 2013
They they they...lol
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 79 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

May 17, 2013
those of you saying "they fixed titles". big whoop, that was a glitch that was never meant to exist and took 3 MONTHS to fix -_-
even then, who should care about titles if the game itself doesnt work
nice use of resources SSM, fix the least concerning glitch over such a long period of time and show 0 signs of hope for a potentially amazing + profitable game

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! :smileyhappy:

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 79 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1486 posts

May 17, 2013

FaunKeH_5 wrote:
those of you saying "they fixed titles". big whoop, that was a glitch that was never meant to exist and took 3 MONTHS to fix -_-
even then, who should care about titles if the game itself doesnt work
nice use of resources SSM, fix the least concerning glitch over such a long period of time and show 0 signs of hope for a potentially amazing + profitable game

Glitches aren't meant to exist generally. That's why they're glitches. If they're meant to be there, then they become features :smileytongue:

And actually, it is a big deal. Those titles were A MESS. The fact that they'd not been fixed in the entire time Superbot still had the game should say how much of an issue it was. That SSM have fixed it so promptly since getting the game speaks volumes, and it's a good sign that they're likely to fix more. It just takes time.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Spike
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 79 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

May 17, 2013

Can i just throw in my 2 cents here?  Why do so many people say that a character shouldn't be in because they're no longer "relevant"?  I thought all-stars is supposed to be a celebration of every time period of playstation including the past.  In my opinion, Parappa was an excellent choice despite not doing anything now because it was such a great throwback.  Melee had the ice climbers and mr game and watch.  Brawl had pit and rob.  Those characters are no longer "relevant" as they haven't had a game since the NES (mr game and watch even before that) but everyone loved them being included.  Heck, at the time that brawl came out, Sonic wasn't even "relevant" anymore.  He hadn't made a good game in years (Colors and generations didn't come out until after brawl).  But should he have any less of reason to be included in brawl because of that despite being the most requested character (similar to crash's situation in allstars)?

okay, rant over :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 79 (114 Views)
Gaming Beast
1858 posts

May 18, 2013
@this_is_marko: Just to let you know, Sonic remains relevant just as Mario will remain relevant. People BEGGED to have Sonic since Melee, but due to time constraints, he wasn't included. Same goes for Snake. That's why they are in Brawl. They are characters loved by a lot of fans, so as long as the fans live them, they'll never die. Zoose does not fall under this category. He was an awesome boss, but that's it. When the title "God of War" is mentioned, who do you think about? Kratos, or Zoose? We all know Zoose doesn't belong in this game because there are other characters who rightfully deserve a spot in this game. Hell, even Seth Killian said Zoose is more well known from Greek Mythology than from God of War when he showcased the new characters to Colin Moriarty...
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 79 (65 Views)
0 Likes