Apr 19 2013
By: Aylas_Hero Survivor 2365 posts

Smash Bros + PSASBR

34 replies 355 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

Now this isn't a which is better thread. Let's get that behind us right from the start.

This is about what a game would be like that was a hybrid of PSAS and Smash Bros, trying to take the best of both worlds and combine them into one. Now it would be cool to have characters from both fighting in one game but that isn't really the point either.

Here might be an example. What if a Final Smash was earned through building meter instead of a smash ball? 

Things like that. Tell me some hybrid ideas you wish could be in some mega brawler. I'm interested to hear ideas!

Message 1 of 35 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Re: Smash Bros + PSASBR

Apr 19, 2013

I think you already know this will just turn into a roster discussion.

Whatever. I think Smash would be improved by final smashes being tied to a meter instead of an item (like maybe 300% damage given or something like that).

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 2 of 35 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I would be so pumped if this was real. SUCK IT MICROSOFT

The only issue is, Smash and All-Stars have very different mechanics. A fan of Smash could buy this thinking it will be like Smash, but it turns out to be the super system and vice-versa.

They could come up with something new just for this crossover, and have the original systems as selectable modes.

Anyway, it would be epic to see Nintendo and Sony characters clash. We have to set up the rivalries Smiley Very Happy

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Message 3 of 35 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I hated Final Smashs altogether. Please get rid of that god awful gimmick. It was great without them in Melee it can be great without them in Smash 4.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 4 of 35 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Again, this is almost more of a discussion on some new mega brawler with mechanics from both games.

Here's a good starter, is getting knocked off the stage and the % health thing better then supers killing?

Message 5 of 35 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Oh, and I got this on a few other forums, so I'll bring ideas to and from both.

"Hmm it'd be wierd to combine them because the main difference between the two is one is based on killing via supers and the other is killing via knocking out of the arena.

Things to take from PSA- bigger movesets, mashup stages, possible ap gain to a final smash or what not,

And yeah just fuse that with most of smash and I think you would get a pretty cool game. For bonus points they could take all the amazing item variety from power stone 2 and make it a real crazy game (only in my dreams)."

From hyperknees91
Message 6 of 35 (333 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I have another one. Turning the hazards off. But actually make all the hazards turn off unlike PSAS does sometimes.
Message 7 of 35 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Kudos for Power Stone call back! I would love some of those characters in Allstars. But on topic, I really like the killing mechanic of Allstars and yet it has the glaring flaw, that if you miss your super, all your skill is wasted. My only friend who likes this game is my partner for 2v2 and he plays a very strong Dante. However he sucks at getting any kills and that's all that counts. So which mechanic should be used? Honestly I'd pick neither. Melee had a game mode called Score or Style or something like that and that was my favorited method of determining a victor in any fighting game. The winner of the match was the one who acumulated the most points given for things like, striking first, getting a full charge hit in, length of combos, variety of moves used, etc... Of course it also counted how many kills and deaths you got. So yeah, that's what I wanna see in this hypothetical game.

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Again, this is almost more of a discussion on some new mega brawler with mechanics from both games.

Here's a good starter, is getting knocked off the stage and the % health thing better then supers killing?

As it stands right now, yes. Smash Bros has more "oomph," it feels good when you hit an enemy off the screen. 

The super system is interesting, but it lacks polish. 

Message 9 of 35 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I would like both kill systems from Brawl and Battle Royale.

Message 10 of 35 (296 Views)