34 replies 2604 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

Costume 1 (Sub-Zero)

Sub-Zero

Costume 2 (Cyber Sub-Zero)

Cyber Sub

Costume 3 (Classic Sub-Zero)

ClassicSubZero.png

Some ideas from here:

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Gamer68/Sub-Zero_as_a_DLC_Character

Square Attacks

Square: Quick Downward Punch (can be used to setup combos).

Forward Square: Quick medium range Ice Dagger Projectile (does not freeze opponent just does damage)

Up Square: Uppercut

Down square: Big Leg Kick

Triangle Attacks

Triangle: Ice Sword

Forward Triangle: Sub-Zero double hits them twice with the Ice Sword, 2nd hit is upwards knocks enemy across screen (similar to forward square of Radec)

Up Triangle: Ice Hammer uppercut, longer range uppercut using his gigantic ice hammer, knocks opponent into air for combos.

Down Triangle: Ice Slide but the EX version (looks so cool!)

Circle Attacks

Circle: Ground Freeze  (Melee range, fast recovery for continuing into a combo)

Forward Circle: Ice Ball projectile (freezes any enemy on it's path, lasts slightly longer than Cole's freeze, not extremely fast moving, slightly longer than medium range).

Down Circle: Ice Clone (Sub-Zero creates an instant ice clone of himself and steps backs, ice clone lasts on the map for an extended period of time, anyone touching it will get frozen).

Up Circle: Creates an ice shower (similar to Rain's in terms of animation) at mid range distance, does not freeze opponent but deals damage.

GRABS

Forward + Grab: Ice Sword into chest and pushes the opponent into the ground on the opposite side. (Same like in MK 9)

Up + Grab: Freeze Bomb Explosion (new move), Holds the opponent while a freeze bomb explodes sends the opponent flying the air (effect like Ratchet's grab + up throw)

Down + Grab: Throws opponent to the ground Does a Quan-Chi like Stomp with his legs 3 times (while AP flies out each time).

SUPERS

Level 1 Super:

Idea 1: Sub-Zero freezes his opponents SOLID and smashes them with his ice sword, once frozen the level 1 is no longer interruptible.

Idea 2: Sub-Zero freezes the ground till midscreen freezing the feet of any enemy caught on the ground, then dashes forward (like Dante) but instead slashes his ice sword for kills.

Level 2 Super:

Idea 1: Sub-Zero shoots a continuous beam of ice and freezes solid anyone in the horizontal path (like Radec), they then explode

Idea 2: Sub-Zero uses his Animality, a huge raging, fast moving polar bear. Instead death upon contact ( idea by Strato-squirrel)

Level 3 Super:

Idea 1: Sub-Zero freezes the entire stage, a second ice-age and insta-kills all enemies.

Idea 2: Sub-Zero transforms into a large Cyber-Subzero and gets kills using his ice bomb and ice sword.

FEEL FREE TO OFFER SUGGESTIONS!!!!

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 1 of 35 (2,604 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: Sub-Zero Movelist

Dec 19, 2012

His ANIMALITY polar bear

it would suit level 2 better......not saying better than yours just thinking it wouldn't be the best level 3

maybe somekind of stage clearer for lvl 3 ?

Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 2 of 35 (2,585 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Wow, Polar bear would be so awesome Smiley Happy

------
Message 3 of 35 (2,580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I skimmed trough the moveset but I don't really like it. I prefer movesets where each button is given a different job, like Big Daddy using square for punches, triangle for his drill and O for special attacks.

I would mostly give him MK2011 punch combos with square, kick moves with triangle(Ninja slide?) and use O for ice moves. Ice clone(O), Ice puddle(Down O), Ice Freeze(Forward O) and upward ice sword slash(Up O).

Message 4 of 35 (2,577 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

good to see another SUB-ZERO fan...

i hope he gets in

oh and his grabs moves would be so COOL sorry i had to lol

Forward Grab / MK9( he makes that ice sword stabs it in the chest thern snaps it

Down Grab / hmmmmm maybe ice slide if not in his combos or an adaptation of his X-RAY

AND THE UP GRAB / THE KLASSIC MK UPPERCUT

subzero-mk9reveal.jpg

Message 5 of 35 (2,571 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

His Triangle Triangle Triangle should be the Ice Sword 3 hit combo.

------
Message 6 of 35 (2,553 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Dec 20, 2012

i don't know if you think i'm cofusing his forward grab with his ice sword combo but i'm not

in MK9. when he grabs an enemey he creates an ice sword and plunges it in a downward motion into the chest and then he snaps the handle.....

well just incase i thought i would clear that up.....your a SUB-ZERO fan so i'm sure you already knew

and a deffinite yes for the ice sword triangle attacks.....and i'm thinking...would superbot make his ice stronger unlike how COLE, BIG DADDY and the freeze missile slow the enemy's down alot...would he have the same effect or would his stop the enemy like

in MK....just a thought

Message 7 of 35 (2,523 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Yes his Grab should definitely be the one from MK, where he grabs them sticks an ice sword down their chest and pushes them to the other side. Raiden already sticks a sword into people so this should not be a problem at all. Sub-Zero's looks way cooler IMO Smiley Happy

Yes the 3 hit ice sword combo (where the last hit sends the opponent thrown back into the floor a long way) for Triangle Triangle Triangle would be perfect.

As for his freeze being stronger, yes I would think it should be. They can balance it a bit by letting anyone hit the frozen player not just Sub-Zero (I don't know if this is the case with Cole since his freeze is very short duration).

Also, people who say "If you want ice powers play Cole we don't need Sub-Zero" - I'm sorry, that's like saying "If you want a sword play with Raiden, we don't need Dante".

If we can have so many characters with guns and sword, we can certainly have Sub-Zero and Cole with ice powers. And quite frankly, Sub-Zero's ice powers would be much more ice and freeze oriented and more powerful than Cole. Cole will be more mobile than Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero will also have a unique ice clone that no other character in the game will have. This will create a different play style especially in 1v1 where you lure your opponents into falling for your ice clones. You can also have some very advanced techniques where you put out an ice clone and combo your opponent into it and then continue the combo again once they are frozen by the ice clone.

I definitely think Sub-Zero would be a great addition to this game, if only hardcore Sony fans would appreciate characters for how uniquely and fun they play out rather than wanting characters just to satisfy some IPs.

------
Message 8 of 35 (2,505 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Hey and in case you didn't know, take a look at this thread:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/04/kat-and-emmett-in-ps-all-stars-details-and-new-level-revea...

Omar responded to my question that "SuperBot would love to have an MK rep".

So now it is just a question of bugging Ed Boon enough to make it happen!!

------
Message 9 of 35 (2,500 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Yeah that movelist is pretty f'd up.
They need to stick to the formula. Having ice moves all over the buttons would just make it confusing as hell.
Message 10 of 35 (2,485 Views)