Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2013
By: GaleDaWindMasta Wastelander 587 posts

Suggestion(s)?

12 replies 112 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

I've been bouncing around characters (I don't consider any of them my main anymore). I think part of the reason I'm so easily frustrated with this game is that I have yet to find a character that I can be good with, fits my playstyle, and that I can stick with. So I was wondering what character you guys would suggest for me and the way I play.

I'm very fond of close combat, but I like to have options. If a character is zoning me, I want a way to quickly get in close or inch my way toward them though other, possibly ranged, approaches. I like having some risk involved. I don't want to worry too much about completing complex combos since I already know that's an area I'm not particularly good at. I also enjoy being mobile.

Which character(s) do you guys think would most likely work best with me?

I will purposely not mention which characters I have played as for the sake of this thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11146 posts

Re: Suggestion(s)?

Feb 4, 2013
Big Daddy is good for 2v2. His combos are short and sweet, and his ground charge goes through everything. Radec's sniper, Evil Cole's grenades, etc. His armor really messes with people. I was playing a Sackboy the other day who whiffed 4 level 1s in a row because he was expecting me to get caught on his electric trap.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Dante has some good mobility and an awesome close range fighter though I believe in terms of mobility options Cole and Raiden are probably the best ones, Kat is going to join them real soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Hmm. I might try Big Daddy out, but I don't expect I'll get very far with him. Big, heavy characters in video games have never really been my forte.

Dante's cool, but he's very combo-oriented. I can give him a shot, but that's far out of my field.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 4, 2013

My best reccomendations are Spike or Sweet Tooth. I don't play them as mains, but I enjoy them a lot when I do play as them. They kinda fall under your criteria as well.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Heading to bed, now. I hope to see a fair amount of suggestions when I get back on the computer tomorrow so I can get some early practice in the game and provide feedback.

Thanks ahead of time.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Feb 4, 2013

johngie wrote:
Big Daddy is good for 2v2. His combos are short and sweet, and his ground charge goes through everything. Radec's sniper, Evil Cole's grenades, etc. His armor really messes with people. I was playing a Sackboy the other day who whiffed 4 level 1s in a row because he was expecting me to get caught on his electric trap.

Can you explain this to me with better details? why big daddy cant be killed with sack boys trap? im interested lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11146 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Well, his side-triangle (charge) gives him the most super armor in the game (matched only by Evil Cole's OP gigapunch, and a few other moves). So, where a Raiden would dash forward and onto the electric trap and become stuck, a Big Daddy charge will go right over it, and continue going. His ground charge will go though everything, and his air charge goes through a couple of things (Sackboys electric trap being the most notable). This makes Big Daddy a great minesweeper for 2v2.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Oohhh, i get it now, you talk when the character become red-ish XD i through you meant big daddy was immunised to sack boy level 1, but now reading again, i get it lol. you meant he missed because he through you would get stuck in the trap XD my bad. still thanks for your time lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Man, I was hoping to see more feedback when I returned. >:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (60 Views)
0 Likes