Feb 01 2013
By: kaos0321 Splicer 65 posts

Superbot can burn in hell!

40 replies 380 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

I've never have been so frustrated with a game in my life. This game is fun but its flaws overshadow the fun tidbits found in this game. As a 1st party game this is very disappointing. Although each character is unique, the FFA rank modes don't let each character experience the same advantages As other characters. This would be ok in a fighting game, but in allstars it simply comes down to who has the best supers.  We all know who's is Op and who is worthless.  I don't mind Op character n when you can outwit them with skill. However this game doesn't reward skill.  characters that are harder to use have no inherent strengths, just stricter or complex inputs for the same or less amount of rewards as your average Drake, Sly,Raiden and Kratos players. Properties on certain characters attacks give you a **bleep** face such as Kratos lightning spend an Ap gain. Raidens two level threes,  drake's barells and so on. The super system could have been deeper having block able and unblock able supers, counter hits,  more online modes, characters, blah blah. This feels like a psn game not a first party aaa exclusive. As of now the new ssb will most likely own this game.

Message 1 of 41 (380 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2365 posts

My Upcoming Guide.

Feb 1, 2013

I've been writing a guide on how to get better at this game.

I'm going to give you a sneak peek. Hopefully you enjoy it. You can learn a lot from it.

1 – Attitude And Emotions:

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”  ~Winston Churchill

This is where you must start. If you are not willing to adopt the right attitude, stop reading NOW. "Morale and attitude are the fundamentals to success." Bud Wilkinson

1.1 - Remaining Positive:

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”  ~Scott Hamilton

A positive attitude is a requirement to bettering yourself in this game. I can 100% guarantee that if your attitude suffers, your play will suffer accordingly. Start every session playing this game with a mind set that ANYTHING is possible. The impossible can always be broken down into possibilities.

There are many simple ways to work on your attitude. One of the best ways is just to turn negative thoughts into positives. For example, replace “I can't win against this!” to “I WILL find a way to beat this!” “Let's hope I win” to I WILL win!” Even a simple change in grammar will improve your gameplay, use this to your advantage.

1.2 – Positivity As A Strength:

Happiness is an attitude.  We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong.  The amount of work is the same.”  ~Francesca Reigler

See that strong there? Become strong!

This will be an important part of your mental game. We will discuss this in depth later, but it needs to be addressed here as well. If you fight an opponent at equal strength, and you have a more positive attitude then they do you WILL win. Do not allow your mind to be clouded with negative thoughts. Every thought is a seed.  “If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.”  ~Bill Meyer. In other words, you reap what you sow. If you say you WILL win and stay positive about it, you will find yourself winning more matches.

1.3 – Do Not Label Things As Cheap:

You can’t blame your opponents for applying a strategy that beats your brains out with regularity.” ~ Bill Clinton

When your opponent does something that is working, and you haven't found a way to beat it yet, DO NOT label it as a cheap tactic. What that does is shift the responsibility away from yourself, so you don't have to find a way to beat it. ~ Juggs, testyourmight.com moderator

What Juggs said is 100% correct. The only tactics that are "cheap" are the one's that are banned in tournaments. (In this game, usually online combo exploits caused by lag.)

"Well I just won't play that player who is using that tactic". If you're not trying to get better and just playing to play, I guess I would understand that. However, if you want to get better, that's the worst statement you can utter. What the problem is, is that you want to win. And when a player is doing something you can't win against, you want to give it a label to justify losing to it, or losing to that player in general. Instead of actually putting in the effort of finding ways to beat the tactic, it's far easier to just say that the player was playing "cheap" and refuse to play people who play like that.” ~ Juggs

Do not have that kind of attitude. Accept that your victory or loss is held within your own hands, and use all the tools available to you to win. "My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."~ Michael Jordon Find a way to turn your weaknesses into strengths instead of blaming them on outside sources. This will help you improve.

1.4 Accepting Defeat:

You know what makes a good loser? Practice.” Ernest Hemmingway

If you learn from a loss you have not lost. You will not win every game you play. You must accept this. One of the ONLY ways to bet better is by losing!

Instead of getting angry or frustrated when you lose, take a step back and ask yourself why it was that you lost. Ask yourself, "What did your opponent do? How were you losing? What could you have done differently? Why were you doing the things you were doing?", etc. Once you train yourself to do this, you will slowly stop getting upset after you lose, and start learning from your loss.” -Juggs

He again is absolutely correct. “Sometimes by loosing the battle, you will find a way to win the war.” ~ Donald Trump. “I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot .. and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordon. Keep these things in mind as they are absolutely true. Losing is the best way to get better.

1.5 - Controlling Your Emotions After A Loss:

I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.” ~ Muhhamad Ali, comment after losing to Ken Norton, Mar. 31, 1973

You must learn to keep your cool when you don't win a match. YOU WILL NEVER WIN 100% OF YOUR MATCHES. Trust me, you are human. You make mistakes.

It's completely understandable if you get upset right after you lose a match. I get that, I've been there. It's better to not get upset, but if you just can't avoid it, it's understandable. What you would do then is try and let it go. The first step would be to not put too much emotion into a single match. Your judgement will be severely crowded if you're too emotional while you're playing. Try not to think about the opponents emotions either. Don't say "Oh, he's just messing with me", or "Wow, he's turtling just to **bleep** me off!". Your opponent may very well be trying to do these things, but it only works if you think that's what he's doing. Instead, say to yourself, "What's his next move going to be", or "What is my next move going to be, and why". Now, these questions are kinda hard to process for a newer player. But you have to start somewhere. Just replace the negative thoughts into productive thoughts. 

The players who excel the quickest and the furthest are the one's who can move past a loss after analyzing why it was that they lost. After a loss don't say, "Man, I'm so bad", or "Wow, I'm a scrub", "He's too good", etc.”  ~ Juggs

Brush it off. Don't go on some angry cursing spree or blame the lag, or that “cheap” tactic. People will loose respect for you, and in turn you will find it harder to find sparring partners and communities that accept you with kindness. “The trouble with being a good sport is that you have to lose to prove it.” ~ Croft M. Pentz When given the opportunity, prove it.

1.6 – A Strong Mental Game

There is nothing that will make you lose faster then being angry. Your own mind can throw the game for you! Don't let his happen!

Your first test will be during a match. Other players will play minds games with you. If you are online and your opponent has a mic, or if you are in person with a crowd watching there will be noise. There might be taunts, oohs and ahs, and even cursing if you have a particularly unlucky day.

You need to to close off your mind and ignore it. Many players have sound proof headphones to block out noise. A cheaper easier way to do it is get your ear buds out and play some music that gets you pumped and ready to go!

In most tournament and competitive settings, matches are best 2/3 with a double elimination bracket.

Why do I bring this up? More then likely in a tournament or competitive setting you will lose a fight, and have a chance to fight another. You can make a comeback.

After loosing a match is one of the biggest moments where your mental game will get a test. Let's say you just got 3 stocked twice in a row. Be honest with yourself, you just were trashed. Take a minute to breath and calm down. Especially if you have another match to fight, or you will now be making your way through a loser's bracket, this is NOT the time to be negative with yourself.

Now is the time to say “I will mount my comeback!” or “I'll rampage through the loser's bracket and get a second shot at him!”

I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result." ~Michael Jordan

Also, NEVER let your guard down.“Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.” ~ Larry Bird The moment you get cocky, or decide the match is an easy win is the moment the opponent will come back and destroy you. Also, if you are down don't just give up. This leads us perfectly to the next section.

Message 2 of 41 (366 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Re: My Upcoming Guide.

Feb 1, 2013

I don't need your tips! I can accept a loss to a BETTER player not because the game is clearly designed in favor to a handful of characters!  Stop,spouting nonsense. Your tournament is gonna be full of Raiden, drake, sly, and kratos anyhow because the demographic of this game is for casual players, and not based on skill or execution rather just throwing random supers, or kill confirms ( which I don't have a problem with), but alas some characters can confirm from one attack while others have a preset command input?!  No don't reward combos, or strategy, ifmyou want to win simply pick the aforementioned  characters a decent player hall ready has about an 80% success rate based on the character design.  

Message 3 of 41 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Re: Superbot can burn in hell!

Feb 1, 2013

Keep whining, I'm sure that will accomplish all your life goals.

Message 4 of 41 (330 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Feb 1, 2013

@kaos0321: Do you even know what you are posting? PSASBR may have overpowered characters, but most of us do know that they're working on balancing the characters out as long as there are updates for the game, but you have no reason to use harsh words against them, because that will automatically land you into trouble, especially when you mention that " the new ssb will most likely own this game", which means you're very much starting a console war, one which we don't want to start in any way (considering as how SSB is a Nintendo game). No offense, but you might reconsider making a thread that's besides making harsh comments about Superbot Entertainment.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 5 of 41 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Jesus Christ, Aylas!

You could've just said "Don't play angry, you'll suck when playing angry."
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 6 of 41 (328 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 1, 2013
You know, sometimes people need the WHOLE thing or they just don't get it. He got the whole thing and STILL didn't get it.

Just to prove you wrong some more kaos.

I have only had ONE Drake at all of my weekly tournaments so far.
I have had a Kratos only TWO times. And that was ONE Kratos.
I have only had ONE Sly at a tournament.

As for Raiden, I maybe get THREE to FIVE every week out of over 30-40 people.

Maybe you need to sit down and actually read through that guide and take it to heart!

There's a lot about this game you don't yet know. Believe me.
Message 7 of 41 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 1, 2013

kaos wrote:
 Your tournament is gonna be full of Raiden, drake, sly, and kratos anyhow

I'm on staff there, we have far more Evil Coles than the characters you mentioned.

Just because you have problem with a character doesn't mean it's the company's fault.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I main Sir Daniel and Radec.
Wishes for Playstation AllStars? Mainly Scott Shelby.
Message 8 of 41 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: My Upcoming Guide.

Feb 1, 2013

Ill explain yay definition of cheap. I'm playing dante I get the drop on some noob kratos he attacks I dodge by rolling behind him. He is clearly open because he is still retracting his blades from the opposite direction, so I commence my attack from the rear, but wait he quickly turns around and attacks me before I connect. What is that!? Plus five on whiff, plus 1000 on block!(frame wise ) Drake has a projectile with high durability that eats supers and are spammable? and gues what? He is safe after the barrel! And for more insult to injury lets give them physics! Raiden can kill confirm from about 9 attacks. Inputs square, forward square, counter, blah. level two glitches, where if you escape you randomly freeze in place when you are not even close!  Who are you kidding!? I feel stupid I wanted to support this game and spenwe my hard earned money on what seems like a psn title. 

Message 9 of 41 (299 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 1, 2013
OH! I haven't mentioned the BEST part!

None of those characters have won a tournament yet either! Smiley Very Happy

So, data shows you are 100% wrong. Huh!
Message 10 of 41 (298 Views)
0 Likes