Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 12 2013
By: FaunKeH_5 Sackboy 526 posts

TOMBI!/TOMBA! Official Moveset and DLC Request Thread!

[ Edited ]
82 replies 2564 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

Tombi TitleTombi All Stars

The young feral boy with pink hair and green shorts. I've seen it requested a fair few times, but I am a massive fan of the Tombi 1 and 2 games (honestly like my favourite 2 games of all time) and it would be seriously awesome to have the ability to play as this character again in PSASBR (he definitely qualifies as a PS All Star, and this game really needs more cartoon characters and PS1 reps). Now I'm not sure who really owns the rights to Tombi and how the franchise could be resurrected (due to the history of the game's original producers) but this is a really awesome character to make a moveset for and maybe with a heap of old nostalgia-infected and new fans, maybe it's possible to see this character back with Playstation! :smileyhappy:

Btw note I call him Tombi spelt with an 'i' on the end because I grew up with the PAL version. This should also be addressed if the character was released, having the PAL All Stars owners with the character name 'Tombi', and NTSC version with 'Tomba'

TombiTombi HammerTombi PigTombi Squirrel

Tombi 1Tombi 2

Over the next few weeks (maybe months), I plan to play through both of the original games again taking notes of all his moves and contribute as much as I can to completing this character's moveset. I have much more weapons/features to add,

but without further delay, here is my work in progress:

Moves

X – Jump: similar animation to original game
X + Up – High jump: temporarily changes to jumping pants (purple) (like sly)
X (Hold) (Air): temporarily changes to squirrel suit and glides, falling slower. is controllable

[] –
[] + Forward – Blackjack: swings weapon forward
[] + Forward (Hold) – Blackjack Charge: release to swing for more powerful hit
[] + Up – Blackjack Up: swing diagonal up
[] + Down – Aerial Assault: short fast jump upward a short distance forward, and if lands on opponent, move is then followed with a [] to (launch forward) or a Δ to (something)
[] + Down (Air) – Aerial Assault: falls downward towards ready to grab an opponent. if grab connects, same as non-air move

Δ –
Δ + Forward – Grapple: (similar to parappa mic) but angled?? (maybe faster than kratos grapple but no homing)
Δ + Up – Branch Swing: branch appears in mid-air and Tombi does a 360 loop around it, knocking back players and returning to his original position (potential for combos) (similar to nariko and drake swing)
Δ + Down – 

Ο – Charity Bell: sets teleport point. press again to teleport (similar to sackboy checkpoint)
Ο + Forward – Ice Boomerang: throw's boomerang forward (like spike but shorter and longer lag) and freezes enemies on touch
Ο + Up – Biting Plant: egg looking thing with spikes spawns from the ground and does a short dash up, holding enemies temporarily if it connects (combo potential)
Ο + Down – Fire Hammer: swings hammer in front, (fire effect??)

RightStick Up - Blackjack Smash: picks up enemy in left hand and swings blackjack in one circle, then connects with opponent and sends them flying diagonally.

RightStick Side - 

RightStick Down - Kokka Egg: ememy becomes captued in a Kokka bird egg and then hatches, knocking the opponent down and chicks jump out of Tombi's mouth

Supers

Level 1 – Fart Plant: a tall bottom shaped plant appears in front of Tombi and he jumps diagonally onto the side of it, creating a cloud of gas underneath him and killing all opponents upon touching gas.

Level 1 – Throw Enemy: short fast jump upward a short distance forward, and if lands on opponent, Tombi throws the opponent, killing them upon impact (similar to Cole level 1 throw)

Level 1 - Egg Throw: big coloured egg spawns underneath Tombi and he jumps onto it and throws it at enemies. chicks hatch out at the end lol

Level 1 or 2 - Leaf Butterflies: pile/hill of leaves appears and Tombi slides into/down it, killing enemies on contact. leaf butterflies fly out too

Level 2 - Animal Dash: Tombi runs around at a fast speed and kills opponents only by jumping on them. when enemy is jumped on, they are thrown. if thrown enemy connects with another enemy, they also get killed. Lasts for about 8 seconds

Level 2 - Be Gone! (Based off http://youtu.be/4KUKRqr7_u8?t=3m35s)
Five ghosts appear with Zippo floating in a medium range in front of Tombi. Zippo says "Oh no! What are we gunna do Tombi?". Kainen appears shortly after and the ghosts merge into one big one (If the opponents are in range of the ghosts, they get sucked in too). Then Kainen shouts "Be gone!", and he blows them up (with like light). (Max 3 kills) original idea - Dschmetes

Level 2 - Furious Tornado: Some sort of whirlwind attack resembling one of the first quests in the first game (not sure since there is already kratos L2, cole L3, great big scythe, big daddy whirlwind, shouldnt be overdone

Level 3 – Evil Pig Bags: This is a pretty big and complicated one. Starts with a cutscene where Tombi uses the last evil pig bag to stop time (like Raiden’s level 2, but on whole stage and lasts 3 seconds) Tombi walks around releasing abilities that mimic the evil pigs (not sure if it should be the ones from the first or second game). There is a time limit (say 10-15 seconds) and the player can release each of the 5 different abilities once. Minimum 1 second delay between attacks. [] and Ο to choose different bags and R2 to fire the unique ability. The abilities would be (going by Tombi 2):

1. Earth: Spikes come down
  2. Flame: Volcanic boulders launched
  3. Ghost: Creates hovering ghost NPCs that kill on touch
  4. Ice: 3-5 Snowballs shoot out in forward directions
  5. Water: Homing water energy spheres

Reference: http://tomba.wikia.com/wiki/Evil_Pigs

Level 3 - Pig Bag: Tombi dashes around (faster than characters) capturing them in a bag for a good 15 or so seconds. Also has a secondary attack like raiden's L2 that freezes time in a larger area hitbox, but shorter time.

Taunts
Sad Mushroom - Cries
Happy Mushroom - Laughs 
Chest – Jumps on chest and unlocks it, 5 x 1ap balls come out

Minions
Charles
100 Year Old Man
Dwarf
Evil Pig
Baron

Costumes

Green Shorts (4 colour changes modify his hair colour)

Pig Suit

Intros

Jumps at a pig

Flies in on Baron

Win Outros

Zippo flys around Tombi

Losing Outro

Sits down impatiently (like afk animation)

Winning Music

Quest Complete tune

First 10 seconds of this http://youtu.be/T5JlxVG-QLY

Stat Screen Winning and Losing Pose

Tombi LaughTombi Cry

Heihachi Rocket

Gnaws at chains or cries like mushroom - Superpiposaru 

Rivalry

Gex?? Two underated characters exclusively to the ps1 era

*Who else? suggest in comments a good matchup and why

Robbit: "They are also polar opposites. Tomba is a primitive jungle boy while Robbit is an advanced robot. Tomba could also confuse Robbit for an strange looking worthog and try to catch him." - retrosoul22 

Dialogue

-

Unlockables (Icons and Backgrounds)

Tombi Icons Backgrounds

Credit to http://stevethecheetah.deviantart.com/art/PSASBR-Icon-and-Background-ideas-Tombi-359990655

Other Features That May Be Incorporated Into Tombi's Moveset

Different types of boomerangs, hammers, blackjacks, grapples

Pig Ball (temporarily shrink enemies)

Leaf Butterfly
Each Pig Boss

Pig Enemies
Mushroom
Baron

Charity Wings

Charles
100 Year Old Man

Dwarves

Frog (with purple 'grass')

Biting Plants

Yan

Kainen
Kokka Birds, eggs and chicks

Chest

Whirlwind

Pig Snout Letterbox

Minecart

Go-kart

Bells

Jewel of Fire, Water, Wind

Blue White Purple Spores

Animal Dash

Bracelet

Blue and Red Fruit

Coloured AP Coins

Minitta Mushroom

Coloured Keys

Evil Pigs/ Evil Pig Robes

Dashing/Flash/Fast/Turbo Pants

*Please feel free to take any of these ideas and expand on them, I'll be happy to add them if they're good :smileyvery-happy:

"MonkeyPaw President John Greiner Discusses Acquiring The Rights To Re-Release Tomba!" Article.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/06/15/monkeypaw-president-john-greiner-discusses-acquiring-...

A lot of info on the game can be also found here http://tomba.wikia.com/wiki/Tomba!_Wiki.

For those fans out there, please definitely contribute to ideas, open to hear anything and add it to my list :smileyhappy: (also credit will be noted!)

And for those of you who have never even heard of the character before, I strongly suggest you download it from the PSN Store (probably not a good idea to buy the original disc version if you're not a massive fan, it's worth $100+). Really amazing 2D platformer with RPG elements that I think is still a timeless game today. If you research more into it, you'll find that the company who created Tombi, Whoopee Camp, despite highly praising reviews, did sadly not do well in sales due to factors like other games, Crash, Spyro namely dominated that era due to the 3D technologies.

Thankyou!! Lets make this happen!! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

Supporters:

Spoiler
FaunKeH_5
retrosoul22
CyborgHippo
Suikodien
TANZEB123
leostrike3
HypernovaGN
VonStoogiN
Dschmetes
scorchibob
OriginalLantern
CountMario
boboMELOSHE
Joe-ltz070
PWNING-KING-WINS
zeothedeathgod
EzraMajor
Xarf
killaKAM938
Augustus_04
oodevonoo
Bryyo
Kusanag1flame
Gatito-De-Guerra
xamoel_bros
Maocutio
slyfan96
SuperPiposaru
MegaRaylll
Stage_Coach
juanma77

-for any reason you dont want to be on this list, just ask me and ill remove it asap (I have automatically added anyone who explicitly has stated they want this character on the forums
thanks for supporting this though, means a lot :smileyhappy:

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! :smileyhappy:

HTML tutorial

Message 1 of 83 (2,564 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Re: Tombi!/Tomba! Official Moveset and DLC Request Thread!

Apr 12, 2013
wow just re-found this website from ageees ago, how cute is this!! :smileytongue: http://www.tombi-game.com/

HTML tutorial

Message 2 of 83 (2,511 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Apr 12, 2013
bump bump bump. i'm usually not one to bump a thread but seeing as this thread has had 250+ views already since i posted it under an hour ago, people must be interested surely. dont be afraid to comment :smileytongue:
and also considering the time i put into making this, would be a shame to let it go to waste for me (not that anyone should really care lol)

HTML tutorial

Message 3 of 83 (2,295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Message 4 of 83 (2,125 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Apr 12, 2013
wow, thats really useful to add, thanks for the find!!

HTML tutorial

Message 5 of 83 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Missing a few things.

Losing poses.

Stat screen victory pose.

Stat screen loosing pose.

Tomba's animation during Heihachi's level 3.

:smileytongue:

Message 6 of 83 (1,920 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Apr 12, 2013
thanks for those tips, just a thought, maybe his mushroom laugh and cry would work well? (drugs lol)

HTML tutorial

Message 7 of 83 (1,861 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Apr 12, 2013

FaunKeH_5 wrote:
thanks for those tips, just a thought, maybe his mushroom laugh and cry would work well? (drugs lol)

it could. lol

Message 8 of 83 (1,791 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Apr 12, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

FaunKeH_5 wrote:

it could. lol

Done :smileyhappy:

P.S. really glad to see 800 views over such a short amount of time (yay people are interested), but it would be nice if more than one other person was contributing here :smileytongue:

HTML tutorial

Message 9 of 83 (1,739 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Apr 12, 2013

His Level 2 could be the Tornado that he has to release in the first level of the first game.

Message 10 of 83 (1,618 Views)
0 Likes