Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2012
By: Arakin86 First Son 10 posts

The Menus are an eyesore...

43 replies 709 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

This game is a lot of fun, great gameplay for sure, and to hear some of your favourite actors back for their respective roles is awesome. Superbot has faithfully kept true to the characters, and the stages which are fresh, colourful, and a blast to play. So why are the menus such a bore? I mean they look bad... not just bad, pathetically bad. They make the game almost look like a collage experiment, or worse a highschool student designed it in photoshop. Seriously I want to know how this passed... is it suppose to be a tribute to Playstation 1 and Playstation 2's graphical capability's? If so... that was a horrible idea.

I mean, I know its dumb to complain about menus in a game... but that's how bad they are, they are without a doubt the worst menus I have seen on a PS3 game or any current gen console... The only way it could be worse is if they were mostly a white background with plain black text. Every time I play a match, I always shake my head when the V.S. screen pops up. Was Superbot pressured to rush this game out so fast that they made the menus overnight at the last possible second or something? ...god they`re bad.

Superbot, if your reading this... DLC menu patch guys... you need that more then new fighters, and that's sad.

Message 1 of 44 (709 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: The Menus are an eyesore...

Nov 21, 2012
The only thing in the menu that I don't like is when that kid yells "battle royale" makes me want to punch him in the groin
Message 2 of 44 (697 Views)
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Nov 21, 2012

You really must not have been playing video games long enough to know that there are worse game menus than this game. Honestly, this game's menu screen is better than..."that game." I don't mention it because the game itself was horrible. Anyway, what matters the most about a game is the content that it hold. Are there glitches? Are there enough characters/stages? Is the online play stable? Until those issues are solved, then we should think about the menus. Even so, the menus are fine as they are; I see no real issue. As long as a game is balanced and has a sufficient amount of gameplay added to it, there is no point in complaining over something that's meaningless.

SonicNaruto669 Trophy Card

Generations Beginner's Guide (For Pros Too)

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=50715
Message 3 of 44 (689 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

SonicNaruto669 wrote:

You really must not have been playing video games long enough to know that there are worse game menus than this game. Honestly, this game's menu screen is better than..."that game." I don't mention it because the game itself was horrible. Anyway, what matters the most about a game is the content that it hold. Are there glitches? Are there enough characters/stages? Is the online play stable? Until those issues are solved, then we should think about the menus. Even so, the menus are fine as they are; I see no real issue. As long as a game is balanced and has a sufficient amount of gameplay added to it, there is no point in complaining over something that's meaningless.

I generally agree. The menus do feel a bit low budget though. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 4 of 44 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 21, 2012
They're not bad, they just aren't amazing either. Love the characters in the background though

Message 5 of 44 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Nov 21, 2012
As a graphic designer, I don't think they put much thought into the design. It is very bland.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 6 of 44 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 21, 2012
It's simple. Too simple...
Simple isn't bad, but it's not good either. At least it's organized and easy to use.
Message 7 of 44 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 21, 2012
The menus is the beta were extremely bland and boring.

I thought they will fix it in the final version :smileysad:

I hope they address this in a future patch... it is not a big deal, sure, it doesn't affect gameplay but it just improves the overall badassness of the game. Please don't bring your lecture about "graphics vs gameplay". I know this isn't about it, but who would complain if the menus were made a lot more nicer looking while retaining the same functionality?

SuperBOT, when you have free time, please make the menus more exciting :smileyhappy:
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 8 of 44 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Who the **bleep** cares about menus?

they work and its easy to find what you want.

thats what matters

Message 9 of 44 (487 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Sounds like Justin Bieber before puberty.
Message 10 of 44 (462 Views)
0 Likes