Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 05 2013
By: D-Squad3 Fender Bender 2885 posts

The more I think about it the more upset I get (cool story bro)

10 replies 260 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

I don't think I've ever been this upset about something regarding video games. Maybe it's because I was waiting for a game like this for about a decade just like many other people. The roster wasn't great, but it was decent, the gameplay wasn't perfect but it was manageable. I thought this was a franchise that was going to last for a long time. As of right now, we don't really know how much more support this game will get, I was hoping this game would be continuing to get patched to get better throughout the years and HOPEFULLY warrant a sequel. 

AS OF RIGHT NOW, I feel like Sony will eventually abandon this ip and move on, basically killing off the game that had SO MUCH potential. The thoughts of Snake fighting Cloud actually never happening just irritates me when this was basically the game that was suppose to let the fans see it happen.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel sad for me, I am particularly sad that the FANS may in fact never get the game we were all hoping for.

This is of course assuming that Sony will abandon this franchise within this year because I honestly think that Santa Monica couldn't care less about this game. :smileysad: 

Message 1 of 11 (260 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Re: The more I think about it the more upset I get (cool story bro)

Feb 5, 2013
Unfortunately yeah..they might just abandon the series despite the fact is great game, flawed,but great. It just did not sell well, let's hope the sales pick up with DLCs, that is it's last hope..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2885 posts

Feb 5, 2013

MLcharted wrote:
Unfortunately yeah..they might just abandon the series despite the fact is great game, flawed,but great. It just did not sell well, let's hope the sales pick up with DLCs, that is it's last hope..

Well Kat and Emmett are free so they won't count, the only thing that could probably save it would be 3rd party DLC characters such as Cloud, Snake, Lightning and Sora but the chances of them being in this game just got slimmer.

Message 3 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 5, 2013
People need to relax lol, whether this game sees new content is up to Sony, not Santa Monica. They seemingly dropped the ball on those other projects because Sony told them to. Sony has said that DLC is still planned so take their word for it.
Message 4 of 11 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Kat and Emmet are free for the first 2 weeks of release ONLY then they will be sold..
Message 5 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 5, 2013

D-Squad3 wrote:

MLcharted wrote:

Well Kat and Emmett are free so they won't count, the only thing that could probably save it would be 3rd party DLC characters such as Cloud, Snake, Lightning and Sora but the chances of them being in this game just got slimmer.

Why would the chances of getting 3rd party characters be slimmer?? Assuming Sony does want to continue with DLC, which they said is in fact the plan, than Santa Monica is waaay more likely to get support in comparison to Superbot. Santa Monica has a proven track record of releasing phenomenal, polished products. Whereas Superbot put out one fun yet severely unpolished game. If I was Square Enix or Activision I would much rather have my precious characters in the charge of someone who actually knows what they are doing as opposed to a brand new studio. 

Message 6 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2885 posts

Feb 5, 2013

boboMELOSHE wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

MLcharted wrote:

Why would the chances of getting 3rd party characters be slimmer?? Assuming Sony does want to continue with DLC, which they said is in fact the plan, than Santa Monica is waaay more likely to get support in comparison to Superbot. Santa Monica has a proven track record of releasing phenomenal, polished products. Whereas Superbot put out one fun yet severely unpolished game. If I was Square Enix or Activision I would much rather have my precious characters in the charge of someone who actually knows what they are doing as opposed to a brand new studio. 

Well SuperBot had people who know how fighting games generally work, besides Seth Killian, who does SM have? Can they and will they continue to balance this game? I highly doubt it but I hope they prove me wrong.

Message 7 of 11 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I think a big part of it has to do with how many projects they get handed.  For the most part, whenever Sony severs ties with a company, their game seems to go to santa monica.  They can only keep so many going.  As long as enough people keep supporting PSASBR, we have nothing to worry about

Message 8 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

It's all pretty depressing honestly. I might just play Uncharted 3, TF2 or CS:GO for my online multiplayer fix.

That being said, I'm happy to have it in my collection to play when friends are over... that is, if we just don't instinctively go for Brawl or Melee...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 9 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I remember the day that you left for Santa Monica, I remember the day you told me it's over :'(

Message 10 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes