Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 15 2012
By: Retrac-kun Lombax Warrior 139 posts
Offline

The "Competitive Scene" (rival stage)

[ Edited ]
9 replies 353 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

What do you think about being able to use the Rival stage? I know its been said but Superbot needs to allow us to use the Rival stage because if I have to use the parappa stage or that boring training stage i'm going to be ticked. Ofcourse the draw to stages like this is that it's basic and would be the go to stage for really competitive play. Now we could use the other 2 stages I mentioned but the parappa stage looks too goofy and the training stage is dull, the rival stage isn't super epic but it will do. It may be unlockable though. If not Superbot, please let us enjoy this stage. Also the Final Boss stage looks nice. I apologise in advance for the repeat thread, I just want us to be heard.

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 1 of 10 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
13327 posts
 

Re: The Competitive "Scene"

Nov 15, 2012

Turn off hazards. Ignore the backdrop. Now you have a standard stage! Each one with different platforms (or lack thereof)!


Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 2 of 10 (345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
1145 posts
 

Re: The Competitive "Scene"

Nov 15, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

Turn off hazards. Ignore the backdrop. Now you have a standard stage! Each one with different platforms (or lack thereof)!


^this, even so i am sure you unlock the stage b beating the storymode once.

 

 


Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 3 of 10 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/28/2012
Offline
139 posts
 

Re: The Competitive "Scene"

Nov 15, 2012

 

I know about the customizable hazards but the Rival stage looks tight and crisp. It's better suited for 1v1 though. It wouldn't hurt for them to let us use it outside the story mode lol it's already in the game.

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 4 of 10 (335 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: The "Competitive Scene" (rival stage)

Nov 15, 2012
Yeah it couldn't be too hard to make it available. It would be cool if you unlocked it after beating campaign with everyone


Message 5 of 10 (332 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
3716 posts
 

Re: The Competitive "Scene"

Nov 15, 2012
^ XD
Play For Fun!
Message 6 of 10 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/23/2012
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: The "Competitive Scene" (rival stage)

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Retrac-kun wrote:

What do you think about being able to use the Rival stage? I know its been said but Superbot needs to allow us to use the Rival stage because if I have to use the parappa stage or that boring training stage i'm going to be ticked. Ofcourse the draw to stages like this is that it's basic and would be the go to stage for really competitive play. Now we could use the other 2 stages I mentioned but the parappa stage looks too goofy and the training stage is dull, the rival stage isn't super epic but it will do. It may be unlockable though. If not Superbot, please let us enjoy this stage. Also the Final Boss stage looks nice. I apologise in advance for the repeat thread, I just want us to be heard.


I understand exactly what you mean, The training stage is a cool idea (the size and the fact there are multiple with different platform choices) but lacks any playstaion feel to it and for a game that is to celebrate playstation the stages just look Dull and flavourless. The Rival Stage on the otherhand makes me think that the fighters have burst onto my XMB and has a super competitive feel to it while representing playstation as a whole without showcasing a single IP.

 

SuperBot....... Please make this happen (Hope its not too late)

 

Message 7 of 10 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/15/2009
Offline
722 posts
 

Re: The "Competitive Scene" (rival stage)

Nov 15, 2012
I don't see why they wouldn't include this for VS mode if they are including all of those training stages.
Message 8 of 10 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: The "Competitive Scene" (rival stage)

Nov 15, 2012

Uh-oh already people want a Final Destination stage. Where you just fight with no items or no background distractions. That's the reason I stopped playing Smash. My brothers only want to play on the Final Distination stage with No items. 

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/22/2012
Offline
517 posts
 

Re: The Competitive "Scene"

Nov 15, 2012

Trujuju_91 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Turn off hazards. Ignore the backdrop. Now you have a standard stage! Each one with different platforms (or lack thereof)!


^this, even so i am sure you unlock the stage b beating the storymode once.

 


Except for the fact that Omar said that all characters and stages would be unlocked from the beginning in the interview.  He actually made a big point about how they didn't want to bog down the player with having to play a whole bunch of timew with stuff you didn't want in order to get your stage.

Message 10 of 10 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes