Wastelander
747 posts

Re: The "I Got PASBR!"+ Impressions Thread

Nov 21, 2012
Graphics wise, I think the style mixtures do their job, but I hope in the sequel, all the characters could have a single stylization to them.

But in terms of gameplay, the controls are pretty tight, but still easy to pick up on. It's definitely clear that this was built for tournament matches.
Message 41 of 85 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7970 posts

Nov 21, 2012
This may be the easiest Platinum ever. I'm at about 75% completion, and all I have left are about half of the arcade mode trophies. I need one more online one, but it's not a difficult one.

That being said, I'm definitely glad they didn't include any crazy online centered trophies.

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 42 of 85 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 21, 2012

"I got PASBR!" Literally. Just got back from GS. Gonna go eat dinner then hop online!

Message 43 of 85 (669 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Nov 21, 2012

After playing the game for a while I'll personally give the game a 7/10

-1: The character roster isn't that good. I haven't played 5 of the characters and isn't even interested in doing so (I'm guessing some feel the same)
-1: The music in some stages aren't so good. Some stages I didn't even notice their was music because it was so boring. Felt like I was playing silent matches half the time
-1: Arcade feels bland. It seemed like more of a chore then something cool. It's only worthy just to see the rivalry cut-scenes which are pretty entertaining in the least

After that everything else is fine, the gameplay, the super system, and the stages. Online is pretty fun too and multiplayer with friends is 10x the fun. So personally I believe that game has it's flaws like any other game but from what I've played so far I'm impressed.

Side Note: Someone said that this game has custom soundtrack but when I try to play music during the game it says I'm not allowed too. Is this just me or am I doing something wrong?

Message 44 of 85 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Got my copy a few hours ago!

If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 45 of 85 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Got my copy 8 minutes after GameStop opened. Gonna play online first later tomorrow.
I played the game non-stop for hours, swapping between arcade, playing with my brothers, and so forth.

Amazing amount of replay value. I played for hours and didn't get bored. Only stopped so I can watch something on TV.

Pros:
1) stellar cast! Sure, not the biggest and still missing several all-stars... But remember we're getting DLC. Before this game, did you think you would ever get to see Kratos, Ratchet, Cole, and Big Daddy fight? The third party choices were good in my opinion.

2) tons of replay value! A lot more than brawl. I could play brawl for a couple hours at a time. I can see my marathons for this game lasting a long time!

3) each character keeps their native stylization. Even though Parappa and Colonel Radec have completely different graphical styles, it somehow fits.

4) a unique battle system: supers.

5) a competitive. Between friends and online!

6) unique stages. Some are a little boring/dull/miss-matched (Locoroco). But some are great (Paris, Stowaways, San Fransisco, etc...)

7) the story, while not much substance or depth, at least has a little more plot than a lot of fighters, or people expected

Cons:
1) it's not all very balanced. There is balance, just a couple OP.

2) Launch Roster Size

3) menus are still a little dull

4) not a lot of the unlockables are really useful

I know I missed several in both columns, but I feel my point is made. Now please, quit reading and buy this game!
Message 46 of 85 (640 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I've been playing nonstop since around 2 PM. I have to admit I was disappointed at the beginning because I thought the controls would be similar to Smash Bros., and I would be able to beat my opponets with ease. But then, I realized both games play very differently, and the control scheme in PSABR eventually grew on me. I am LOVING the game! Hats off to everyone at SuperBot for such a great game. Characters are very well-balanced, and the ones I thought I'd hate the most are the ones I ended up loving, e.g. Spike and Toro.

Now, more than ever, I want Kat and Spyro to join the fray! Hopefully, the supposed "final four" that Paul discussed will one day make it to the game.

Message 47 of 85 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Nov 21, 2012

pap

Message 48 of 85 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I played 7 hours straight.. took a 10 min break though.

The biggest complaint I have is the music..
Especially sly's paris stage.. the music should have been loud and dramatic when 'neg' arrives.

I hate how the levels become stagnant.. little big planet with buzz is the worse. Why didn't they have more trivia questions? Happens 1/3 matches on this stage.

Other big con:

So i played this with a friend whom isn't too into video games.. their reaction to the roster was a disappointment. "Why are there only 2 women? And why is one a nut case butch and the other a fat greedy obnoxious pig?" "Why are there two coles?". I told him why.. "that is just lazy"
Asked why there aren't any unlockable characters.. and why sir dan, fat princess, and dante dont have stages..

P.s. raidens unlockable icons are terrible.

pap

Message 49 of 85 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Video games are a big part of my life. But after I got a girlfriend, started going to college and got a job, my free time became very limited. That's when I had this vision..The limited time that I have to play all of these games, I want those hours to be spent with my friends having fun. So I started paying attention to more multiplayer-friendly games (e.g. getting a Tales game instead of a Final Fantasy game, or getting Borderlands 2 over BLOPS II).  And as I searched the internet for more multiplayer games, one name rose above the rest.

Play Station All-Stars Battle Royale is the complete package for what I idealize in video games. Yes I had the same thought as everyone else when I first saw it: "Oh it's Playstation Brawl".  But after watching videos and playing the beta and reading about it, I could tell immediately that it was a very different experience. I heavily enjoyed playing it with my friends yesterday and look forward to our next get-together.

One of my favorite things about this game though, is how well Super Bot nailed their characters. Sure, I had my complaints of who I wanted in the game. But the characters they did put in look and feel exactly the way they should. Kratos' combos look like they were taken right out of a God of War game. Nariko's circle moves implement the same functionality that Heavenly Sword tried to implement (the directional control of her projectiles). Cole's megawatt rockets are homing if you shoot someone with a neutral triangle lightning bolt just like in inFamous. It's things like these that make a fighter more interesting to me personally.

I dunno, maybe I'm still just caught up in the hype. But I think that Super Bot did a commendable job with this game and accomplished so much more than the first Smash Bros. (albeit 10+ years ago)  Just think of what could happen with a sequel from this awesome dev team. But I'm not even worried about that because I'm still having so much fun with this one and plan to keep doing so for who knows how long.

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun with my friends and that's all that really matters to me. Thanks a bunch Omar Kendall and your whole crew. If I could give you more money that didn't involve buying more copies, I would do so.

-Jerroh

Message 50 of 85 (550 Views)