May 03 2013
By: PYDAMAN First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

There is a strong need for Ap reduction patch

11 replies 398 views Edited May 3, 2013

I know Superbot has given us 4 characters two of which were free and levels as well. They even released a "nerf" patch so they are listening to us, however there is one thing that needs to be done. Sometimes this game can be so frustrating when you have an oppenent who spams the same move over and over again but with a technique that makes it hard to defend against. Or people who use the same combo the entire match, or the people who use dante and use that cheap way to kill someone with the level one (when they do the square 3 times and like jump and dodge so they are able to now do their special). What this game desperately needs is a patch that reduces the ammount of AP gained for the repeated move/combo. I don't like bringing smash bros into the forum but even there if you spam a move it'll do less and less damage so it prompts the player to change up his/her moves and make the game more interesting. I think instead of nerfing people they should've just done this say for instance I do a move that grants me 30 AP the second time I do it it gives me 30 ap but the third it gives me 15 and then the fourth time 7 and it stops there. So half it then half the half and once you do a differnt move/combo it resets. Also there needs t be a penlty for rage quitting cause someone can quit the game and they end up being the host and the fight you were in gets lost and the person who quits faces zero penlties. What are your thoughts? 

Message 1 of 12 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Re: There is a strong need for Ap reduction patch

May 3, 2013

I'd love it if the AP gain were just set to 'Low' on Online. Getting Level 1 from one combo is kind of boring. As a Kratos and Dante user, I barely have to put in any effort at all to get kills.

Message 2 of 12 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

May 3, 2013

What you're talking about is Smash's Stale Move Negation

I think this game desperately needs something like this. As much as people on this board complain about spammers, this game basically rewards it. So why wouldn't they spam the same combo over and over?

Message 3 of 12 (351 Views)
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9942 posts

May 3, 2013
When people coined the term "Combo spammers" I realized people will complain about anything.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 4 of 12 (342 Views)
Sackboy
457 posts

May 3, 2013
Kudos for nas!
Message 5 of 12 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

The sad thing is, a combo spammer is a real thing.  

There are two types of combos.  

a) Stringing a sequence of attacks together based on the situation

b) Stringing the same sequence of attacks regardless of situation

The case of b) is the most common in this game because thats how it was designed.  Raiden, Dante, Nariko, etc all have multiple combos, however being FFA, only 1 or 2 are safe and easy to use.

It there really any difference from a Radec spamming his sniper and a Raiden spamming SO, SS, DO, US, X, S S S S

The answer, not really. Both Raiden and Radec are repeatily using the same sequence of attacks.  In the case of Radec, its less buttons, and I call it the FT, FT, FT, FT, SO, UO, FT, FT, FT, FT, FT, FT, FT, FS, SO, UO, FT, FT, FT,   combo

However, I do agree with the OP in that AP generation should be reduced accross the board, or at least increase the cost of all level 1's.  With Radec, almost everything he does is 20-30AP, so I super about every 4 to 5 hits.

Message 6 of 12 (294 Views)
Last Guardian
9942 posts

May 3, 2013
Sure, I COULD do a different combo than the 150 AP combo I know, but it gives lower AP.

So my question is... WHY IN THE HELL should I go for a combo that gives LESS AP? For the sake of being flashy? I think not.

It makes no sense to do a combo that gives less AP if I know a combo that gives more AP. It's really simple guys.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 7 of 12 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

May 3, 2013

This game needs stale move negation, but let's not complain about any combos that aren't infinites.

Message 8 of 12 (277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
964 posts

May 3, 2013

Raiden, Dante, Nariko, etc all have multiple combos, however being FFA, only 1 or 2 are safe and easy to use.

You hit the nail on the head.  In the chaos that is FFA, you can't and won't have time to execute most of your favourite combos (especially those that keep you grounded) as you are free to supers and interrupts.  The combos that quickly take opponents to the air and generate the most meter are the ones any smart FFA player will use.  Sure it's repetitive, but so is everyone else.  Certain "attacks" or moves are ideal for a FFA situation and safe to use, so people use them.  It's the same for combo characters.  If we want to win, we have to use what's safe and generates the most possibly AP in the shortest amount of time, or get punished for it.

Message 9 of 12 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

May 3, 2013

I think the idea of something similar to the Stale Move Negation would be cool, perhaps it could give a boost aswell if it saw that the player was using a wealth of combos/moves.  I think the style meters in Devil May Cry 3 and 4 along with Bayonetta could also be a good way of stopping spammers.  If there is something that encourages you by saying you are "Smoking Sick Style" and your character recieved a boost for achieving this and everyone could see the other players style rating beside their info thing at the bottom of the screen then this might subconciously pressure/encourage players to vary their style.  The bonuses could be costumes for achieving a certain style or getting belts faster by having a higher style.  They'd have to be pretty thorough so that there are no ways to get SSS/Pure Platinum by spammnig but if it was managed than not only would the game become very unique among other fighters but it might improve online experiences for everyone.  For those who have played any game which has a style meter-esque rating system you will know what I mean when I say that you play those games differently to those that have no rating system.  Ideally the style meter would be most similar to DMC 3's one as you would have to keep up the pressure to maintain the style ranking and never rest on your laurels.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 10 of 12 (230 Views)