Survivor
2138 posts

Re: Things that NEED to be changed in march 19

Mar 5, 2013

Rogue_Eagle wrote:

It's hilarious reading all these arguments.

I have exclusively played Big Daddy, Sir Dan, and Toro (stopped playing with Toro after hitting 999) since getting this game. I haven't even touched all the OP characters, easy characters, or characters with very easy HC.

When I hear people talk about balance issues, the first thing I think of is, "Shut up and play exclusively with low-tierd Sir Dan and Big Daddy for one or two complete seasons.

I RARELY see BD and Sir Dan players online. Why? No one wants to lose or gamble with their chances of winning. It's because these characters suck, Sir Dan more than BD (BD actually isn't too bad after playing with Sir Dan for a while).

I just can't stand people like almost everyone on this board, because I am nearly positive none of you play exclusively with the low-tiered characters enough to understand the utter frustration EVERY OTHER CHARACTER gives to you when compared to those two. EVERYONE needs something changed about them when you play as these two characters. They are literally horrible, and when you get beat by them, you better have the utmost respect for that player. You probably have no idea how many losses they went through to get that win.

If it were up to me, yes, I would change Sly's level 1. Make it slower AP gain, make it cancel out, make it SOMETHING other than what it is. Compared to Sir Dan's and BD, it is the most OP (next to raiden's) that you face. Big Daddy is so slow and big that it's hard for him to jump/roll dodge it, and Sir Dan is so tall his hit radius is gigantic. You can dodge it, but I hate versing Sly's exclusively because of the level 1. Plus, when compared to SD and Bid Daddy's, I get **bleep** knowing how easy Sly's 1 is to use compared to these two characters. BTW, you CAN'T block during SD and Big Daddy's supers anyways, so arguing that Sly can't block is what balances the super is pointless. Once the super button is pressed, blocking is not an option for ANY character, therefore allowing itnerruptions for everyone BUT sly (and no...his .3 second frame of interruption is not enough to constitue "interruptable") Compare this to Big Daddy's 1 second frame (he has to growl and the little sister HAS to pop out before it becomes uninterruptable). That takes so long it's not even funny. Play as Big Daddy and just know Sly has it so easy with his level 1. Then come back and reform your argument.   

Also, for all you players with counters, you should feel privaledged to have one, no matter who you are. Sir Dan doesn't, and he is a hack and slash character. It SUCKS to not have a counter as a sword character. Aboslutely SUCKS, especially when you get countered and know you can't return the favor.

I just can't stand hearing you people argue. This game is imbalanced, but when I hear arguments between people who don't want to risk their winning streaks/belt ranks by playing as Sir Dan or BD for a large amount of time, I lose all respect for them. I am positive very few people on this board play as those characters for long periods of time, because I'd see WAY more online considering how much time I've put into this game.

Play as those characters, then come back and rethink your decisions. Otherwise, just shut it. I can't stand reading it. This game needs balances, but until a person is VERY familiar with the bottom of the barrel, they cannot talk about the top at all. They end up sounding very ignorant in retrospect.   

While I agree with most of your post you have something wrong with regards to sly, they weren't saying you can't block Sl'y Super so that's what balances it out. They were saying Sly can't block at all, his L1 makes him go invisible, he is unable to block. That is what they were saying balances out the super. 

Message 51 of 52 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
827 posts

Re: Things that NEED to be changed in march 19

Mar 5, 2013

Rogue_Eagle wrote:

I already know what its like using big daddy (850ish or around their with him atm) I know you can make a sandwich in between his lvl 1. Only thing wrong with big daddy really is his dang lvl 1 super. But you need to realize their are other low tier characters. go try using jak's lvl 1 super regularly and see how many kills you get. I had a game where i BLOCKED ecole's giga punch.. activated my lvl 1 super.. and MISSED, yes thats right.. on a flat platform and with ecole not moving after i blocked his gigapunch i missed... i was literally right next, of course he proceeded in killing me with his lvl 1 after that bs happened, i still won but that miss really annoyed me. If jak's super is suppose to be for aerial  then he needs to shoot out farther up but my god jak's lvl 1 needs about half a square block on each side in range.

I can understand where you're coming from, but again, compared to Sir Dan's or Big Daddy's level 1, Jak's is much more functional. This is why I say compare everyone to the bottom tier characters. Jak's level 1 at least has a radius around it (it might be small, but it's not DIRECTLY above or at a 40 degree angle like Dan's is). Meaning, you can kill people who are at least right next to you (on either side as well), and then their explosion will cause more kills.

Basically, this is my thoughts in a nutshell. I'd much rather rely on Jak's level 1 than Sir Dan's or Big Daddy's. Although it's not good, it's the best out of the three without a doubt. Again, I understand where you're coming from, but compared to the bottom tiered characters, it's the best one of the bunch. Therefore, to me, it's not really bad. If I could switch Jak's level one with Dan's, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's much more functional.  

Now, his level 2 is something you could argue about heavily. I think that it is terrible compared to many others (including Big Daddy's). It's slow to startup, one directional, and VERY easy to predict.

You also have to consider which supers people use the most. Obviously people use the one that is most powerful for any given character, and ignore the ones that stink. This is a VERY easy indication of telling which supers are overpowered or not. If sly's 1 isn't OP, why do people use it OVER and OVER and OVER again. They never go for his level 2, because it's too short (although powerful). So, they stick with the easy way out. Same with Raiden's level 1, Sweet Tooth's level 1, Sackboy's level 3, Parappa's level 2. Basically, it's easy to tell how imbalanced this game is when you compare what level of super is the best for each character with the AP gain it takes to get there. If Sly's level 1 is the best, and Parappa's level 2 is his best, they should take the same amount of AP to get there, or SOMETHING to balance this. Why does Parappa have to go up 1 whole level to achieve the same amount of benefits at Sly who needs it one level lower?

Kratos, imo, is pretty balanced except for his AP gain. You never see a kratos who spams a specific super level. That's good, because it means his supers do not detract from each other. However, he can EASILY get to any super he wants. That's bad, because other characters cannot, especially other characters who rely primarily on 1 super to get them through the game. I think if the system was designed more with this in mind, this game would be balanced well. 

Each character needs a super system where one super is not flocked to by the player's of that character. Radec, Kratos, Spike, Nariko, Sir Dan is what comes to mind. You never really see the player SPAM a specific super to win. Now, after achieving that, THEN the focus needs to be on AP gain. For instance, Kratos can hit his level 3 so fast (compared to all the characters mentioned), that it SEEMS overpowered. But, it's not the super that's overpowered, it's his AP gain (because his moves are so fast, he gains AP like a beast, which is imbalanced). Since he has fast moves, he should gain AP slower. I think, if having took this approach from the beginning, this game could have been way more balanced.  

But what do I know? 

Its impossible to have supers that aren't solely used. We will always try to find the better super no matter how small the difference is.

Just because you think sir dans and big daddy supers suck more then other low tier character supers doesn't mean they shouldn't get a buff. I'm pretty sure sir daniel has a kc for his super and at minimum has much more reliable setups into supers than jak does. Not only that, its easier to cancel out jak's super than sir dan's simply because sir dan isn't using his whole body to do it. My lvl 1 got cancelled by a spike uncharged forward square move, i'm pretty sure if try doing that to raidan's lvl 1 you die. So overall sir dan has better super.

Big daddy super sucks pretty bad but costs 30ap less which does make a difference when trying to have an extra lvl 1 after using a lvl 2. Big daddy also has better setups than jak does for lvl 1 supers.

Jak's lvl 2 has to be one of the worst lvl 2's in the game next to sweet tooth. Both big daddy and sir dan have MUCH better lvl 2's than jak's by far. His lvl 2 along with sweet tooth needs a serious buff.

But overall i believe that big daddy, sir dan, jak, and sweet tooth need some buffs.

Message 52 of 52 (54 Views)
0 Likes