Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2013
By: Harutoa PlayStation MVP 240 posts

This Game is pretty bad.

38 replies 766 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

I never thought I would be typing something like this, but here it goes. I really hate to say this, but this game is terrible. The menu is bland and in general a eye sore. I know thats kinda pointless but you have to make first impressions, ya know? The arcade mode is so.....monotonous, nothing is really learned, you just have to kinda assume everything. The rivalry cutscenes are nice could be longer in my opinion but oh well. The final fight puts no justice into this mode, Polygon Man was a real creative choice but you don't really fight him, you just fight other all-stars, that are rendered in a different palette. and you wail on P-MAN  through certain intervals. After you win your greeted with a  STILL PICTURE ending with your character mentioning the power he or she has gained through the ordeal. I will give this mode a  5/10  and thats being really generous. The rivalry cutscenes  really makes this mode worth it for me. I never thought in my life I would see Drake talking **bleep** to Sly.  

The combat system is different and a change of pace, from a regular brawler which i liked but, there was so many cheap combos to me. Like Dantes' combo when he starts it up then cancels and then keeps repeating the same combo. or Sly's counter which can be spammed with no consequence. Theirs alot more things i know haven't mentioned but you get the message, lol. It  just seems like not a lot of thought was put into this combat system to me. 

I was going to rant on for awhile but I kinda want to know what you guys, think.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (766 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: This Game is pretty bad.

Jan 11, 2013

stop...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (751 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6951 posts

Jan 11, 2013

It's bad? Whose forcing you to play it? Get off!!

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Mechanically its bad, but entertainmentwise its fun. Just look at Anarchy Reigns; the perfect example as to why PSASBR should've come out at 30 bucks starting price. It's basically half a game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (730 Views)
PlayStation MVP
240 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I know no ones forcing me to play lol. I'm just voicing my opinion and i wanted see what other people thoughts were.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (711 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2396 posts

Jan 11, 2013
They should've made it $40 at launch like this new sly cooper game.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (707 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
240 posts

Jan 11, 2013
True.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Harutoa wrote:
I know no ones forcing me to play lol. I'm just voicing my opinion and i wanted see what other people thoughts were.

Most people will jump at you with rusty knives if you jump into places stating an opinion that isn't part of that particular forums hivemind.

Personally I find the game really lackluster, but incredibly enjoyable.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (701 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
240 posts

Jan 11, 2013

True

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (698 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
240 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Im a die hard playstation fan but im not a mindless one.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (675 Views)
0 Likes