Uncharted Territory
1990 posts

Re: This community. I can't even.

Apr 11, 2013

yeah, i mean we're getting very off topic. lets see um.. it would appear that people keep talking about wanting an ultimate character. all im asking for is for people to just realize some characters are meant for a more complex playstyle more than others. not to mention you have to remember. people want jak to have more buffs (he already got buffed and they say he got weaker) the thing is i can usually pull off level 3's. i don't want to pull off level 3's every match, that means im overpowered. i understand if players are typically not able to use their level 3's in that case they SHOULD be buffed. but im fine anyway

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 21 of 73 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
584 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Didnt I see you on LBP before? You are friends with adamaniac.

Anyways the only real OP characters are the Coles and Kat.

Message 22 of 73 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Jak is a perfect example. Along with Sir Dan. These are not underpowered characters. Like I said before with Kratos, it depends who is using the character. Jak and Sir Dan can be amazing, and I mean like wow, depending on who is using them. They take skill to use but they are not underpowered at all. Same goes for Kratos. He is not overpowered and he is only a spammer if you use him as so. Thank you for bringing this back on topic lol
Message 23 of 73 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Yes I don't really play LBP that much though.
Message 24 of 73 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Kratos is and always will be overpowered in my eyes until they nerf him.
Message 25 of 73 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 11, 2013
You didn't read anything I wrote at all did you
Message 26 of 73 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Thanks for tagging everything I post with "gayness" crashbfan. Real mature.
Message 27 of 73 (164 Views)
Wastelander
749 posts

Apr 11, 2013
I did read it. But if we go by AP gain numbers, frame data and range Kratos is OP.
Message 28 of 73 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2238 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I totally agree with the whole requesting stupid characters thing. Seriously, why the **bleep** would naruto or goku be in this game? And there's no way shadow can be in this game, because smash bros already has a sonic character. like i said in an earlier post, it seems like we're just throwing in a bunch of random characters into the game that have absolutely nothing to do with playstation.

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Message 29 of 73 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Apr 11, 2013

KomodoBrothers wrote:
Yeah I think the most deserved characters that are on the roster are Sackboy, Heihachi, Ratchet, Sly, Jak, Kratos, Big Daddy (and Kat). But let's not turn this into one of those thread I talked about lol...

Big Daddy is third party to PlayStation, not really a title for "most Deserved" when the original Bioshock was multi-platform... and not even released for PS3 originally.

There's a lot of characters that are more deserving, but due to rights of other developers and other complications, they just can't bring them back as easily... or at all.

As for the whole complaining because the character is OP: there's a lot of factors to consider here. Ease of use, attack speed, attack range, movement speed, super 1/2/3 speed/duration/hitbox, recovery times for attacks, ap gain, stun types, and a few other characteristics of a character. It CAN be the players' fault that they're spammy, but when the characteristics of a certain move or combo beat out majority of the cast, then it can become a problem. A lot of people complain about Kratos, and made a ton of jokes about his square attacks. His square attacks are quick, effective, have long reach, have the ability to turn mid combo, are effective both in the air and ground, very low recovery times if blocked/whiffed, and gain a lot of AP. People will use this due to how easy it can be to quickly gain AP with little risk for a big reward. Now there are those who like to use big risk, big reward characters, but those characters are becoming more few from each patch it seems. Sure the game is TECHNICALLY more balanced, but at the same time a lot of the characters now have less risk for big reward in order to encourage people to try to build up for a Level 3. As long as there are more little risk, big reward characters out there, people will complain. This is kinda a double edged sword though: the more balanced a game is, it CAN become more boring. In an unbalanced fighting game, if you pick a 'low tier' character and you defeat a 'high' tier' character: you feel like you've accomplished something great. Sure Kratos can be annoying, Isaac's gun/mine spam can get annoying, but at the same time overcoming these obstacles is partially what can make this game exciting and surprisingly fun. As much as I can get mad when someone uses a cheap tactic to win or spams an 'easy' character, in the end it's just a game (unless you're playing in a tournament for money, that can be a different story but still~).

In more relation to the thread title though: Yeah some of the comments and replies from the community are just downright rude. Not everyone is like that, so let's get in the spirit of friendly competition and good fun. If the online community is bothering you, take a break, play locally with some friends if you can like the good ol' days then afterwards you can go and eat some tasty nachos =D.

Be kind, have fun, refrain from profanities, refrain from typing misspelled profanities to dodge the language filter (I personally think it makes you look silly), and always remember: Online/On the Internet, there will ALWAYS be someone who disagrees with you. (and I bet, there will be someone who disagrees with the post) Unless you are reminising how much you miss being on the Debate team, sometimes it's better to let you have your own opinion and let the other have their opinion.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 30 of 73 (152 Views)
0 Likes